Tomytec - New Releases

Damn just when your thin you have about every construction vehicle possible and wham! a cement pumper truck! Nice construction set.

jeff

• Haha 1

When my most recent Plaza Japan order arrived there was a copy of a 22 page Tomytec Diorama Collection catalog in it. It is full of Building Collection, Visual Scenes Collection, and figure items but apart from the back cover not a mention is made of the Moving Bus Collection or the Tomytec trams. Maybe there is a separate publication, although the trams come out at a much slower pace with a shorter shelf life.  What of the moving buses???

IMG_8862 1920 x 1080 cropped.jpg

• Like 2
5 hours ago, bill937ca said:

When my most recent Plaza Japan order arrived there was a copy of a 22 page Tomytec Diorama Collection catalog in it. It is full of Building Collection, Visual Scenes Collection, and figure items but apart from the back cover not a mention is made of the Moving Bus Collection or the Tomytec trams. Maybe there is a separate publication, although the trams come out at a much slower pace with a shorter shelf life.  What of the moving buses???

I get the feeling that the moving buses are not selling well and Tomytec is not looking into the moving bus system as much. This is also evident on the newer models being not compatible to the bus motors, and the availability of the bus motors and tracks are also dwindling... It's sad, the bus motor is one of my fav systems, being a huge bus fan and all but oh well.... 

• Like 1

I thought there was mention of updated bus chassis a few months ago on the Tomytec Youtube podcast. They certainly won't sell well if there is zero availability though. I was under the impression there was something currently in development, or did I dream that?

Out of interest, @bill937ca does your guide have a publication date? The only reason I ask is that the front image looks to be quite old. None of their newer released buildings or vehicles are shown that I can see.

5 hours ago, Kamome said:

I thought there was mention of updated bus chassis a few months ago on the Tomytec Youtube podcast. They certainly won't sell well if there is zero availability though. I was under the impression there was something currently in development, or did I dream that?

Out of interest, @bill937ca does your guide have a publication date? The only reason I ask is that the front image looks to be quite old. None of their newer released buildings or vehicles are shown that I can see.

That was my understanding that something is under development. Maybe the launch has been hampered by Covid.

I looked for a date and can't see one, but it could be in Japanese.

On 4/15/2021 at 8:06 PM, Madsing said:

We discussed that in the Tomix thread. As far as I can understand, there is no release date and no model number yet.

Yes. That was in April. But they have removed the video from YouTube…

Solar panels are fun too. More cost effective maybe fha  the sankei, but really you could just print them on glossy photo paper and stick on a piece of cardstock or thin styrene as the panels are now pretty slim these days.

jeff