Hobby Search

bill937ca

2011/11/28 We have revived the payment method of Credit Card Payment as of today, 28th of November 2011.

However, the only cards available at present are "VISA" and "Master Card".

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and trouble we have caused.

For management of your card information, this will be handled by SBI VeriTrans,

with their server that is in compliance with PCIDSS, the standard of Global Security.

Hobby Search will not be storing any Credit Card information, but for the convenience of the customer,

we will enable an option for using a previously registered card by entering your User ID and Password.

If you choose to use this option, we have considered the safety of your information and we will only be storing the following information:

- Last 4 digits of your card number

- Name of the card holder

- Expiry date

*We will be issuing a code that will be linked to the above information, and will be using this to access the information stored

by the server of SBI, so you will not need to input your card details every time you shop with us.

Regarding the leak of information due to a security breach that occurred on 1st to 2nd of October 2010, we have improved our security,

but due to a delay in translation, we will be announcing the points of improvement at a later date, as soon as the translation is completed.

For the information in Japanese, please check this page.

We sincerely apologize for the great trouble and worries we have caused.

http://www.1999.co.jp/info_details_e.asp

Mudkip Orange

Because at Hobby Search Tokyo, they'll sell you a giant plastic statue of a cartoon woman in fishnets about to be raped by tentacles...

...but they won't take American Express.

Because at Hobby Search Tokyo, they'll sell you a giant plastic statue of a cartoon woman in fishnets about to be raped by tentacles...

...but they won't take American Express.

So that is where an Victorian (Melbourne Victoria Australia) anime store (Science and Sword bookstore) got that from (I refer to the tentacles). lol....... :P

Bill,

I think you just never hit the little green down arrow before.  That's where its always been.  You did send me on  a wild goose chase though, looking for it in another location ...  :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

• Like 1
CaptOblivious

Bill,

Don't feel bad, I'd never noticed this before either! Very handy, and I'd have never known had you not mentioned it.

that link has been there for a while now but it is amazing that you have to scroll all the way down to get to it, many people would see the item they are after at the top and click on the item to go to it instead going to the bottom, or they would go straight to the manufacturers name and click on that.

• Like 1

You see?  Even linkey hasn't found it yet ...

linkey ... near the top left corner of the HS webpage you will see Model Train Genre ... with a green "down arrow" to the left ... move your mouse over the arrow and you will see the three menu options appear in a separate drop down list ...  :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

• Like 1

I don't really need to go to manufacturers release items on HS due to I go through the actual website for their release dates of the items I am looking for and while the HS might have items that I might have missed out on seeing :P

Bill, I wasn't aware of it either, thanks for the link. Found something I needed straight away, too!  :grin

All the best,

Mark.

I've taken on myself to consolidate all the discussions and announcements about HobbySearch in this thread. Please feel free to use it for any new posting concerning HS.

I've taken on myself to consolidate all the discussions and announcements about HobbySearch in this thread. Please feel free to use it for any new posting concerning HS.

Man, you're doing a lot of work on this forum.  Are you snowed in or something?

Thanks for the great effort you're putting in.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Thanks disturbman for that. So much fun re-reading the thread :P  Some parts of the thread are still making me laugh.

Before the New Years Holiday break I still not having problems with HS. :) Very friendly staff :D

Changes to the HS cancellation policy effective February 1, 2012.

2012/01/17 From 1st February 2012, we will be implementing changes to our Cancellation policies.

We greatly appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

http://www.1999.co.jp/Cancel201202_e.html

Regarding the weakening of Cancellations

Regarding the weakening of Cancellations

The following changes will be implemented to our cancellation rules

in regards to cancellation by customers.

Cancellations of Reserved Items

The availability for cancellation of a preorder will depend on which phase the order is in,

from phase 1) to phase 3).

1) Reservation Cancellation available period

Before :Acceptable until 1week from the beginning of reservation

After :Acceptable until 1week from the order being placed

* Cancellations will be available from the User Menu

2) After Reservation Cancellation available period

Before :Cannot be cancelled

After :Generally cannot be cancelled

* If there are strong requirement for cancellation, please contact us early.

* If cancellations are repeated continuously, we may be required to charge you

10% of the sales price at our decision, or close your account.

We appreciate your understanding.

3) After Product comes into Stock

Before :Cannot be cancelled

After :Generally cannot be cancelled, we may charge you 10% of the

product price as cancellation cost.

* For products marked "Cannot be Cancelled", we are unable to accept cancellations

regardless of the phase the item is in. Please be careful when ordering.

bargain list is back again. i guess those pro hobby containers just did not sell well. the last of the liquid containers being sold off as well as the lighted refers...

jeff

The HS website appears to be missing whole sections.  The full train sections for Kato, Tomix and MA have disappeared.

I've emailed HS-Support.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Looks like they might be in the middle of changing the page layout and haven't filled in some of the categories yet.

I can't imagine a Japanese model train shop dropping Shinkansens. :grin

yeah they are changing about the categories.

Probably from the thousands of suggestions they received on how terrible their listings are

I'd suggested a decent keyword search to them some time ago.  Eg:  If you want to see all 205 series train items available from all manufacturers presently the only way is to enter "Series 205" "205" "205 Series" and "205 Seires" (because there are several with the word "Series" mispelled).

I also suggested that geographic location, era, and livery were important searches too.  This does stem from my own hunt for equipment operating through Kofu since 1980, but I can't be alone here.  I'm sure many model railroaders have certain criteria to be met like this.

Hopefully their search engine migh be improved along the way.

Cheers

The_Ghan

Hey there. New to the forum but can confess to spending way too much time on HS website. Maybe a dumb question. But is there any way to have categorys display only stock that is available?

no but if you click availability link in the top under the search bar it will sort preorder / instock in the list first then to sold out but sometimes instock is still mixed into the out of stock area though so be careful