Hobby Search

bill937ca

Unfortunately the AUD$ has dropped like a koala bear in a bushfire ... 8c in 3-4 weeks ... I don't see the value in buying anything on line ATM.    :sad:

Cheers

The_Ghan

Unfortunately the AUD$ has dropped like a koala bear in a bushfire ... 8c in 3-4 weeks ... I don't see the value in buying anything on line ATM.    :sad:

Cheers

The_Ghan

I know the feeling, but I have also got items on reserved so I am pretty much stuck on buying what comes in, as it comes in from the reserve list. would love it if the $AUD could bounce back up but then our $AUD is still above the $1 mark of the $USD

With that said I needed the bridges and that should be the last of the random purchases unless something else that I need pops up.

Unfortunately the AUD$ has dropped like a koala bear in a bushfire ... 8c in 3-4 weeks ...

LOL WTF... I can just imagine you now with your Aussie accent, sitting on a rocking chair, in the middle of the bush, with a Foster's in each side, saying that line.

Clem,

You've almost got the picture ... except we don't use rocking chairs ... and I'm much too young for them anyway.  Down-under, when we need a seat in the bush we chop down a tree and sit on the stump, mate!

Cheers

The_Ghan

linkey,

The AUD$ was 97.6 at COT yesterday.  Right now it is 98.1. 

But I hear you linkey.  I've got Y108,000 worth plus postage tied up with HS at the moment.  That was worth about $1,320 a couple of weeks ago ... $now it's $1,460.  The exchange rate has cost me AUD$140 in just a few weeks.

If the AUD$ gets back to $1.05 then before HS releases product to me then I'll be feeling as lucky as a stray dog on bin night! (I threw that one in for Clem ... :grin)

Cheers

The_Ghan

Is it me or does hobby search seem to be broadening its offerings lately into the more detailed stuff. in watching the newsletter its seemed to have a lot more detail parts in the last year or so than it use to. im wondering if this was stuff they always had on the japanese side (ive never really tried to compare the offerings on the english vs japanese pages) or stuff they may have had on the store and they are just now starting to bring online. i wonder if the non japanese audience has been broadening and wanting some more detailed/obscure parts these days.

not complaining mind you, i love it! just an observation and wondered about others take on it.

cheers

jeff

Is it me or does hobby search seem to be broadening its offerings lately into the more detailed stuff. in watching the newsletter its seemed to have a lot more detail parts in the last year or so than it use to. im wondering if this was stuff they always had on the japanese side (ive never really tried to compare the offerings on the english vs japanese pages) or stuff they may have had on the store and they are just now starting to bring online. i wonder if the non japanese audience has been broadening and wanting some more detailed/obscure parts these days.

not complaining mind you, i love it! just an observation and wondered about others take on it.

cheers

jeff

this was one of my suggestions on their questionaire

i also asked for more realline to come in stock but they didn't like that i guess :(

this was one of my suggestions on their questionaire

i also asked for more realline to come in stock but they didn't like that i guess :(

yes same here on the survey for more parts and detail stuff. but ive noticed the big increase started to happen maybe a year or at least six months ago, now just seems pretty standard to have more detail parts and spare parts on the  newsletters than buildings and trains.

jeff

Geez!

All I suggested was that they return everything the way it was 12 months ago in terms of specials, discounts (20%) and rewards points (5%).

Don't think they liked my suggestions.

Cheers

The_Ghan

not sale related but hs's site been showing new stuff under preorder all day and it's still not displaying

I`ve asked about that before and it happens when they are only sold on the domestic Japanese site.

What a sad news when I opened my mail this morning:

Thank you for shopping at HOBBY SEARCH.

The cancellation of the following items has been completed.

Item name : [Limited Edition] J.R. Series N700-8000 Sanyo/Kyushu Shinkansen (Unit R10) (8-Car Set) (Model Train)

The items shown above are cancelled since you did not make the PayPal

payment for them for too long.

:sad:

I never received the payment request (and yes, I checked my spambox)... :-(

I answered right away asking (begging?! ^^, ) for a new payment request, and thankfully I was able to place a new order as the item is still in stock but I don't have the pre-order price anymore. (more or less 1500¥ more expensive)

Did a similar situation happened to any of you?

Yup. Just last week, same story, only my order was for a Y500 Tomytec wall kit.  What was a bit concerning was that a dire warning was included which said that there would be no more shopping on my account if this was repeated. I had received notice from HS that the item was ready for shipment, so I waited for the Paypal demand which never came, and I forgot about it.  However, looking back at the email from HS, as well as informing about the Paypal demand, there is a hyperlink to make the payment without waiting for the demand.  I have learned.

Lucky it wasn't a large order, and yes they renewed the order.

Angus

It has happened to me in the past, but I have gotten them to honor the price.

I have two of those trains in stock, if you want to get them from Seattle.

Bob

Happened to me with the Kato Paleo Express set though I have a feeling I might have accidentally deleted the payment request email without realising it, so I can't point the finger at HS with certainty. Luckily they had extras in stock. Since then I do what it says in the preceeding 'notice your item is in stock' email, ie;"If you do not receive a payment request email within one day of receiving this email, please log in to the User Menu for the payment link."

Thanks everyone, it's a bit reassuring.

Next time I'll pay without waiting for the request; for sure!

I'm still waiting for their answer. I'll keep you informed.

It has happened to me in the past, but I have gotten them to honor the price.

I have two of those trains in stock, if you want to get them from Seattle.

Bob

Thanks Bob. But being in Switzerland I think it's the same for me ordering from Japan or USA.

Just in case of nothing goes right, how much to you sell them and how much would it cost to ship one in Switzerland?

bikkuri bahn
how much would it cost to shit one in Switzerland?

I assume a bit more than other countries, everything seems to be a bit more expensive in Switzerland, including usage of toilets :laughing7:

$335 for the train, $46 for postage. Yeah, about the same as from Japan, I can't really do much about postage. In the USA only $14 for shipping, much better.

I just got them a couple of days ago, very pretty rainbow stripes and the new -8000 nose.

If anyone else wants one, just let me know...

Bob

bob@bttrains.com

i find pretty much when they email the "item is in stock" email, they Paypal link appears right away, so I usually just take that email as the payment email. But then again, HS is now pretty much my last choice when it comes to buying online.

how much would it cost to shit one in Switzerland?

I assume a bit more than other countries, everything seems to be a bit more expensive in Switzerland, including usage of toilets :laughing7:

Nice catch! Corrected! ;-)

(sorry I was a bit stressed after seeing this mail this morning... :-( )

$335 for the train, $46 for postage. Yeah, about the same as from Japan, I can't really do much about postage. In the USA only $14 for shipping, much better.

I just got them a couple of days ago, very pretty rainbow stripes and the new -8000 nose.

If anyone else wants one, just let me know...

Bob

bob@bttrains.com

Shipping with SAL from Japan is a bit cheaper. But be sure I'll think of you if HS cannot figure a good solution for me.  :cool:

i find pretty much when they email the "item is in stock" email, they Paypal link appears right away, so I usually just take that email as the payment email. But then again, HS is now pretty much my last choice when it comes to buying online.

Thanks for the feedback. What's your favorite shop?