What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

JR500

I have that same set....what was the confusion/defect that you are referring to?  Paint scheme not right?  connection troubles?

*now confused myself*

Hi John:

Well, i'm not so sure myself, but according to the article posted (in japanese). it seems the door of car 4 & 5 is wrong? Here's the goggle translation:

"Apology and ask"   "Apology and ask for <92 754> Odakyu Romance Car VSE 50000 form set "  Thank you very much for your interest in Tomix product under normal circumstances. 

Well, in some of the product Odakyu Romance Car VSE 50000 form set we re-production released in December 2009 

that there is a mistake in the assembly direction of the vehicle body we found. 

I apologize for a lot of inconvenience to customers who purchase the product, Please confirm the appropriate body. 

In addition, if the product of the purchase was appropriate body, We apologize for any trouble, but I will consider it as correspondence as described below. 

Customers, and apologize that I have caused a lot of inconvenience to the people concerned. 

In the future, I would appreciate your understanding, for your cooperation so we will pay the best attention to things like this do not occur. [That product]

<92 754> Odakyu Romance Car VSE 50000 form set (re-production released in December 2009) 

※ lot number (indicated at the bottom right of the case back mount): L41JI [Errata]

direction of the vehicle body, 4 car, the No. 5 vehicle is in the state in the opposite direction   [Check method]

Please check the orientation of the 4 door car, the 5 car. vse.jpg(False) doors (4 car, 5 car Common) if the right vse0.jpg     (Positive) door (4 car, 5 car Common) if the left vse1.jpg[About correspondence] ■ Sorry to trouble you, but, I have reference to the body recombination diagram below, thank you for recombination.   mrk_pdf.gif"Figure Odakyu replacement body set" 

(PDF file)   get_adobe_reader.gif

※ If you want to print the PDF files, you must have ADOBE Reader. 

I am available as a free download from the site on the left.

■ For Customers were you thinking recombination is difficult on your own, the (state that was in the package) 

I ask to have you send to the following you will find the treatment of cash on delivery courier. 

(I have time for about one week after our arrival, by the time allowed to send back to the customer. Please understand.) <Return address destination>

〒 321-0202 Tochigi Prefecture Shimotsuga county Mibu town Omochanomachi 3-3-20 

Co., Ltd. Tommy Tech "Odakyu Romance Car VSE 50000 form" factor TEL 0282-86-5111   Contact:  03-3695-3161 customer service Tomix factor 

(ex. celebration, festival, holiday excluded) 10:00 to 12:00 13:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday

My set has yet to arrive, so i can't physically compare with pictures of the real model. Perhaps you might want to take a look at your model ~ 

got back from a trip to find the tomytec car collections 12R and 15 (realized i never ordered these!) from loco1 hobbies! great fun opening them up but too many vans! have to sell some off...

jeff

@ Jeff - Trip? Interesting! Yap i have both these collections too. The 12R is TOTALLY flooded with Ambulances and Fire chief vans, very minimal civilian cars, and multiple taxis and police cars in my box... Do you happen to have the special? My special was the Police Car painting on the Toyota AD and the 'Paramedic' painting on a normal ambulance. The 15 is slightly better, with more civilian cars, but quite imbalance in the scene there are way too many MPVs running in my town now as compared with normal cars.... 

Have not opened 12r yet, maybe tonight. Does look full of emergency vehicles! I can probably sell some off to club members. Luckily with most of the other sets I don't have too many vans, but again I can probably sell a few off in the club.

I've had rotten luck with the special cars for a while now...

Cheers,

Jeff

Edited by cteno4

JR500.....

ok, looked at my cars 4 and 5.  Both doors are on the LEFT side....the wording has me confused.....i am unsure if the translation means my cars or correct or incorrect......

John (more confuzzled than ever!)

Bang Bang! 

Guess what came into the house today? 

A nice box of yums yums! 

Especially love the Enoden bus, and the 209-0 Sobu line - My longest commuter train by far! Made a small video and happy to find the train runs nice and smooth. Now to interior light it! 

Enjoy the pics & videos! 

post-819-0-97824100-1381490080_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-49859000-1381490082_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-89560100-1381490084_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-50889100-1381490086_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-57317200-1381490087_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-64211000-1381490088_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-94837600-1381490089_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-43806600-1381490091_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-63581500-1381490092_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-64058800-1381490093_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-70818000-1381490109_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-44413900-1381490112_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-91406400-1381490113_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-91815100-1381490114_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-43590600-1381490116_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-34167000-1381490118_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-63188400-1381490119_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-66550000-1381490123_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Dear JR500-san,

We have diagnosed a until now yet unknown disease in your brain. We have named it: Tomytec Bus Collection addiction. Please be sure to visit our clinic to cure you from this disease.

Yours sincerely,

Doctor Yellow

;)

• Like 2

Tama btrain shorties showed up today. Very cute! Glad I grabbed a second as a present for a friend, his wife will love it (they have 2 cats).

Starting to like the btrains and noodling on a small layout for them to have next to the work desk and maybe come in two for easy transport to shows.

Also a few sankei kits I can never seem to avoid throwing in on an order!

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
Guest keio6000

just had a look at car collection 12r.  honestly, as i have something like 200 cars already, i have been very selective about what i want to buy.

however, what i want is very clear:  a car collection ONLY of taxis in the 4 or 5 prototypical tokyo colors/schemes.  there are enough taxis in tokyo that any layout without them is incomplete, and so far to the best of my knowledge, there has ont been a cost-effective way to purchase a suitable number of taxis at once.  what i want is a box of 12 x 3 taxis, and preferably not the very very generic ones i see that come in 12R.

I had a good week.  It started with my preorder for the Girls Und Panzer bus showing up, and a day later my preorder for the pedestrian overpass bridge (which I'd reserved several months ago, as I wanted to use it in a specific location on the layout).  And then the order that I'd placed the week before, with a bunch of FineTrack to finish the work on my new layout, plus a couple of Kato's new low-level platforms I'm considering for the same (yeah, Kato platforms and Tomix track; I'm a glutton for punishment).

The guy who hand-delivers the express mail was getting tired of showing up at my house every morning. For some reason all three got specially delivered, rather than being on the usual mail truck that comes around noon (my express mail seems to alternate between the two, with no pattern I can see, but this time all three were hand-delivered). :)

post-228-0-08358500-1381643183_thumb.jpg

Ken,

I think there is a time limit of when they want the express mail delivered by that triggers the special delivery. We are very late on our route and almost all express comes by a supivisor.

Jeff

Yeah, the funny thing is that they all seemed to be early (I swear one took just over three days, and it's usually five).

Of course one was also dated "November", so maybe they were misdated and they rushed them since they didn't know when they were due. I didn't check the labels, and only knew about the one being odd because the delivery person joked that it was a month early.

Dear JR500-san,

We have diagnosed a until now yet unknown disease in your brain. We have named it: Tomytec Bus Collection addiction. Please be sure to visit our clinic to cure you from this disease.

Yours sincerely,

Doctor Yellow

;)

Hi Doctor Yellow san:

Yes the symptoms appeared about 4-5 months ago when i first got the moving bus system, and it didn't stop there. I can't help looking at them through the internet and reading the 'Bus Collection' Perfect manual. It has now become my bedtime story book~ 

Please help to prescribe some medicine for this situation.

Thank you ~

バスコレサン 

I've got the Checker Cabs on reserve from Ms. Motoko.

Yap the Checker Cab set is by far the best set to get for taxi expansions. They look really good by the way ~ 

JR500

Ok, here is my set....is this the correct configuration for Car 4-5?   or am i misunderstanding the translation?

Hi John:

I'm guessing your set is correct, since according to the explanation, if the doors of car 4 and 5 are on the RIGHT, it is wrong. If they are on the LEFT, it is correct. Both your cars 4 and 5 have doors on the left, so i guess that's correct ~

As seen in this video, the doors of the 4th and 5th car are on the left on the real train, so left is correct. Cheers! 

Guest keio6000

Multi-dancing banana day today.

Arrived:

- Tomix 92444 169-series high grade Nagano-livery set + add-on.

- Tomix 92709 115-1000 series Nagano-livery set

- Kato 10-387 285-3000 sunrise express

- MicroAce A-7057 Keio 6000 8-car set 'new livery'

and the best part of it all, i bought them all along with a mis-labelled extremely rare model airplane that i found on yahoo jp - bought it for jpy2000 and will be able to sell it for almost the cost of all the trains.

mexican.gifmexican.gifmexican.gifmexican.gifmexican.gifmexican.gifmexican.gif

Edited by keio6000

I reserved :

The Railway Collection JR Series 205-1100 Tsurumi Line (3-Car Set)

Series E231-500 `Rilakkuma Green Yamanote Line Wrapping Train`

Couldn't resist another Yamanote Line train  :)

I reserved :

The Railway Collection JR Series 205-1100 Tsurumi Line (3-Car Set)

Series E231-500 `Rilakkuma Green Yamanote Line Wrapping Train`

Couldn't resist another Yamanote Line train  :)

Nice! I presumed your pre-ordered the 11 car full formation? I pre-ordered my 3-car set today too and awaiting the results of the order ~~

So i made some minor video editing and trying my hand at my FIRST editing video with added sound. I cut some mp3 to get them at the precise moment which i wanted. It sounds abit weird, but i think i got the hang of how to edit and place music/ sounds into the videos: 

Mardon,

they look great! i have been tempted but have a load of trucks already!!! great being able to have one on the roadside broken down and the cab popped up!

jeff

Claude_Dreyfus

My new Nagano liveried class 211 arrived...just in time for our club open day next weekend and then a large exhibition on the 2nd November.

• Like 1
Mardon,

they look great! i have been tempted but have a load of trucks already!!! great being able to have one on the roadside broken down and the cab popped up!

jeff

I never really had quality n scale vehicles since the only ones I have are those china ebay cars, so this is certainly a treat.

Mardon

Mardon,

Yeah you missed the hey days of tomytec vehicles! not as many sets available now, but they do have the their small packs which they are keeping in stock but not as much selection there as in the larger collector series packs. they have also gone up quite a bit in price in the last few years. when the car sets were coming out fast they were like $45 at the time for a case where you got 36 cars! quite a steal! now they are only 24 to a case and more like $60... the tomytec vehicle quality is really very nice.

cheers

jeff

Plazajapan is one of my favorites to buy from..... today at work i received the Kato 10-1174/75/76  Nozomi N700A 16-car makeup!  Cant wait to see this in action!

plazajapan is where i get 90% of my n scale stuff.  all kato track pieces come from them.  on most occassions their prices for locos are cheaper than others, but there stock range ins't as broad as others.  all my usa locos and cars come from a usa supplier.  clearly a jp supplier isn't gonna stock them.

PlazaJapan is a nice store to get stuff from, but there are cheaper alternatives around like HS or loco1 that does international shipping too. Prices are alot more competitive than PlazaJapan's prices. Popondetta also does international shipping, but prices are around that of HS, perhaps just 5-10% lower, and some Japanese Language is often required to read descriptions, but they do have a USED train section which i adore~  By far, loco1 prices are the best around. Do check out the suppliers section for more details ~

Plazajapan is one of my favorites to buy from..... today at work i received the Kato 10-1174/75/76  Nozomi N700A 16-car makeup!  Cant wait to see this in action!

Hi John! Yap i just bought my N700A (Tomix though) from loco1 and can't wait for it to arrive! I only got a 8-car consists though as my layout can't handle more than 8-cars... Hoping to see some videos/ photos of your N700A soon! I'll pose some too when mine come in! Cheers!