What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Kato Kyushu 813-200

Kato 2x S248 pack

Kato S124 pack

Kato S64 pack

Kato 2x 348-45 pack

Arrived today (Saturday) which is preety good for our postal system.  I guess they are working extra days in the lead up to xmas.

Edited by katoftw

Some small items arrived on this week:

- a street signs set by Kato,

- one box of Tomytec buildings,

- a road crossing and catenary poles from Tomytec

- some fences by Casco

- 2 Kato buses

- and a Keihan Type 600 shorty train to my friend.

post-212-0-29023500-1387134897_thumb.jpg

Today was the first time i had to pick up a package at my local customs office

luckily it was only because the bill wasnt on the outside of the package

post-1181-0-17948800-1387236279_thumb.jpg

post-1181-0-76637800-1387236976_thumb.jpg

post-1181-0-41708500-1387237607_thumb.jpg

post-1181-0-13186100-1387238136_thumb.jpg

post-1181-0-93359400-1387238784_thumb.jpg

post-1181-0-13229100-1387239478_thumb.jpg

post-1181-0-25043100-1387240336_thumb.jpg

post-1181-0-25381500-1387240960_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just arrived:  a slightly used Kato  10-177/178  251 Series Super View Odoriko (old paint 10-banger) to go with my KATO new paint version.

Also on order, a KATO E-3 "Komachi"....hopefully, it will arrive soon!

Edited by John k
  • Like 1

Ordered a number of trains, and hopefully they're come soon! 

E2-1000 Hayate 

E5 Hayabusa 

EF26 Cassopeia 

Tasty! Pictures when they arrive!

On the December shipping list:

Series E259 `Narita Express` (Add-On 3-Car Set) - KATO x2

Series E3 Akita Shinkansen `Komachi` (6-Car Set) - KATO

KATO N-Gauge HO-Gauge Model Railroad Catalog 2014 

BM-03 The Moving Bus System Power Unit (for Tour Bus/Highway Bus) - Tomytec x2

TOMIX Catalog 2013-2014 (Tomix)

Awaiting on pre-order:
(N) Subway (Underground) Platform Kit (One-side Type) for KATO x2

(N) Subway (Underground) Platform Kit (Island Type) for KATO x2

Toyoko Inn (1pc.) (Completed) 

Toyoko Inn - New Design Logo (1pc.) (Completed) 

Pebble pattern - Stone Wall A (3pcs.) (Unassembled Kit) - Greenmax x3

Stone wall B (3pcs.) - Greenmax x3

Stone wall C (3pcs.) - Greenmax x3

The Falling Rock Stockade (4pcs.) - Greenmax x3

Sarah Brennan-Dunn

hobby link japan box showed up with stuff that had been building up in my private warehouse for the last couple of months. really find that feature nice to allow you to just buy stuff here and there and let it sit there then you can assemble what every you want to ship when you want. they also offered FedEx shipping for just 200 yen more than SAL (and 1200 yen cheaper than ems), so i thought i would give it a whirl. wow little less than 4 days and bam its here! as good or better than ems has been for me the last year or two here to dc!

anyhow got

4 car btrain shorty 485 (2 two car sets)

4 car btrain shorty 381

ED75/ED78 btrain short locos

501/161 btrain shorty trams

7500/8800 btrain shorty trams

Sankei graves and photo booth sets

Godzilla papercraft book.

i did the sankei as tests of hlj backordering sankei. they took about 2 weeks to come in and hlj still has 20% off all sankei items and most of their products are listed there but many as backorder items. so it looks like its not bad for them to get them in thru a backorder.

cheers

jeff

Mudkip Orange

From Fmodels:

Keihan 9000 series, Tsurumi 205s, some motors/pantographs/trucks for various Tomytecs I already own, and the Kato shorty high-level platforms.

YpJ8VME.jpg

Edited by Mudkip Orange

I could not resist at TamTam today... Greenmax just released some economy kits (and damn, TamTam offers them for cheap!) I really wanted for a very very long time, so I got:

- Keikyu 1000 type, 2x;

- Keisei 3500 type, 1x;

- Tamiya Cement;

- Tamiya Putty;

- Tamiya fine sand paper.

Now I only need primer and the right paint and it's go time! Well, the bogies and motor sets are needed, but those aren't so urgent at the moment.

Both Keikyu 1000 types are going to be rebuilt to Keisei 3050 types in modernised form. I need to be very careful with cutting and pasting the ugly placing of the lower lights on the front or manage to find spare Keisei fronts from the Hanshin Commter set... Maybe in the Crosspoint stores? Here's the difference in front types: http://www.gm-store.co.jp/blog/akihabara/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/s-PB220684.jpg Left is the front that comes with the Keikyu 1000 type set (with modified top front lights). The right one is the front that comes with the Hanshin Commuter train set. The right one is more accurate in any way to any Keisei 3000~3300 type train, though I don't want to buy more Hanshin Commuter train sets, just for this front (unless someone wants to buy these kits off me).

The Keisei 3500 will be made in the latest form. An easy, simple and honest train.

Ordered and paid:-

Kato D51 4 car set

Tomix Nissan containers

Tomix Kyushu containers

Tomix Koki 107 w/ containers

Tomix EF210 3 car set

Reserved:-

Kato 104 2 car set

Kato 106 2 car set

Darn... The first time this has happened to me. 

I ordered quite a fair bit of tasty treats from Japan, and the supplier was really efficient to send out the parcel on the 23rd December, before Christmas. Judging from the previous experiences with EMS to Sillypore, the parcel CAN reach within 2 days, even if the posting is done on a Friday the parcel CAN arrive on Monday afternoon. I got excited thinking the parcel might reach me before Christmas day (25 Dec) since the parcel was sent out on 23rd morning. Then i could have the entire Christmas day to fix and play with my trains. (Yes i'm a quite a loner nowhere to go even during Christmas except staying at home haha) 

It didn't. 

Oh well, so i thought i'll just check out the EMS Tracking after Christmas. Darn did i get a surprise. The parcel is withheld by Customs! It was held there since 26 till now, and it is still in customs... Guess the custom officers having great fun playing with my E2, E5 and Cassiopeia... 

Waiting for the post to come in to inform me to collect and pay taxes at the Customs, but they're still in their Christmas clothing while my trains are sitting there dying for a maiden run.... 

post-819-0-93957800-1388368524_thumb.jpg

I had to go outside for a ride today, just to clear my mind. So a good excuse to visit TamTam to pick up the just released Jyoshin DEKI1 locomotive and 300 type. I haven't unpacked them yet, because baby. xD The locomotive will be used to power track maintenance trains and transfer deadheads. It will be pimped with a new pantograph and motor unit. The 300 type will probably be lost in time, space and spare parts.

RAIL-13669_02.jpg

Ha, I also ordered one of these. As you've said, my 300 will be lost to the parts box, but the DeKi will get the full works and will be pressed into freight service. I just hope I can make a better, more seamless job of assembling it than the one in the photo... :unsure: :D

Cheers NB

lurkingknight

long time no post... other hobbies dominating the latest and greatest arrivals lol.

Most recent purchase though is a step towards doing my custom commuter station.

Just picked up a badger patriot 105 airbrush for 50% off their sale price... so almost 100$ off the regular retail. Now have to find an adequate compressor. Thinking a 3 gallon air tool compressor will be more than enough to run this thing... boxing week sale at a local hardware store has one up for 55$... just need the vapor separator and regulator and the paints/cleaners and I'll be ready to start cutting and forming new station components.

Lurking,

Cool!

One warning on the cheap small tool compressors, they can be very very loud! Fine of in a garage, but inside a house or apartment, may get you thrown out. Even in the garage with the nailer my old one use to make me jump every time it went off. It was a cheap 3 gallon compressor and lasted 10 years and is still in use by a friend, but I just could not take the noise anywhere. I use to fill a 5gal air can for airbrushing inside, but a pain when the can ran out in the middle of something to go out and fill it up.

New shop compressor is ultra quiet, but was $250...

I did get this little 1 gal senco for the basement shop on sale for about $100 a year or so back. It's very quiet and plenty for airbrushing or even a small brad nailer. Nice and small and easy to move with one hand.

http://www.amazon.com/Senco-PC1010-1-Horsepower-1-Gallon-Compressor/dp/B0000AQK78/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388463683&sr=8-1&keywords=senco+air+compressor

Jeff

Edited by cteno4

Came in on Yesterday the KATO E259 Narita Express Add-on set x2 which are now added with the two basic set units I have, plus the E3 Komachi to replace my older version due to nose cone problems.

Sarah Brennan-Dunn

I received a large package of Tomix containers from ModelTrainPlus this morning. these should fill up my freight depot nicely.

From ordering to delivery has only taken four days, that's the fastest of many orders from various Japanese suppliers, many thanks Nartak.

The biggest surprise was that there were no customs charges levied.

Dave

Happy new year everyone
wish you all the best for 2014

My N scale 2014 starts with the Kato Automatic Crossing Gate S :love4:
Pics soon!

Edited by NEX-989
  • Like 1
lurkingknight

I picked up a 3 gallon oil-less unit on boxing week sale for 55$.. regular 150 or something like that. What I might do is get another 5 gallon tank and run the air with the compressor turned off so it doesn't kick on.. and then turn it on when I take a break.  I can't imagine myself spending more than an hour at a time with the paints out. We'll see how much I end up doing. At the moment I can't quite stand the flat plastic colors of all the buildings.. but to redo them all would be quite a bit of work.

Lurking,

Cool!

One warning on the cheap small tool compressors, they can be very very loud! Fine of in a garage, but inside a house or apartment, may get you thrown out. Even in the garage with the nailer my old one use to make me jump every time it went off. It was a cheap 3 gallon compressor and lasted 10 years and is still in use by a friend, but I just could not take the noise anywhere. I use to fill a 5gal air can for airbrushing inside, but a pain when the can ran out in the middle of something to go out and fill it up.

New shop compressor is ultra quiet, but was $250...

I did get this little 1 gal senco for the basement shop on sale for about $100 a year or so back. It's very quiet and plenty for airbrushing or even a small brad nailer. Nice and small and easy to move with one hand.

http://www.amazon.com/Senco-PC1010-1-Horsepower-1-Gallon-Compressor/dp/B0000AQK78/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388463683&sr=8-1&keywords=senco+air+compressor

Jeff

Durr... Got one more Keisei 3500 type kit at TamTam today. Plus a Tamiya A4 sized cutting board and small nipper to work with when building and modifying the kits I recently bought.

Edited by Toni Babelony

Just came in and oh  my I actually took photos of them after getting them out of the box.

Greenmax Tokyu-INN old style
Greenmax Tokyu-INN new style

Tomytec BM-03 x2 (bus motors)

post-559-0-65193400-1388622742_thumb.jpg

post-559-0-82963300-1388622866_thumb.jpg

Now working out how to add the Tokyu-INN buildings to my new Module unit for AJMRG straight unit.

Sarah Brennan-Dunn