What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Das Steinkopf

My pre order of Kiha40 in Hokkaido paint finally arrived. Of course I had to add a few Koki to the order and some level crossing track.

Somehow I can see you acquiring a few more of the Kato 10-1393 Koki 50000's packs, the temptation to use the alternate numbers in the Tomix 8714 will be too much too handle.

• Like 2

Received my JR Kyushu 787 series from Loco1Hobby - first time DHL actually delivered to the door instead of sending it to customs.

Now I just need some Unitrack packs, these small Fleischmann radii are painful to watch.

post-12046-0-98906200-1499623776_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Just placed my preorder for the Kato EH800.

Guess I watched too much videos about the DF200. As I found out it also pulls the Cassiopeia on it's cruises, taking over from the EH800 after it passed the Seikan tunnel. Sigh. Stressing a piece of modeler's license, I can do that with my Orient Express, too... :)

Edited by medusa

My KiHa 40 are still at the airport and wait to arrive at the customs... :sad1:

I got tired of this, so I prefer Amazon now.

post-3895-0-95440800-1499720482_thumb.png

Nice purchase, Junior. The Blue Sky Train is awesome!

Also these packages keep appearing. Maybe the current Yen rate might be at fault? :icon_scratch:

post-3895-0-97330200-1499868105_thumb.jpgpost-3895-0-68007300-1499868113_thumb.jpg

post-3895-0-11001600-1499868121_thumb.jpg

These Greenmax containers are great. A bit pricy, but not like I'm going to buy 20 of them. I would like the JRF 50th anniversary 19D container, but it seems to be sold out at all suppliers with international shipping. :(

• Like 9

These Greenmax containers are great. A bit pricy, but not like I'm going to buy 20 of them. I would like the JRF 50th anniversary 19D container, but it seems to be sold out at all suppliers with international shipping. :(

Do you mean the green ones? https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10109909

DM-Toys sells these still. https://www.en.dm-toys.de/produktdetails/items/Tomix_3140.html

First of my pre-orders arrived along with a few extras. Just waiting on James and I will have the full set at last (Henry,Thomas + Percy). Was Gordon ever produced?

post-1342-0-10760100-1499892868_thumb.jpgpost-1342-0-77893000-1499892877_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

First of my pre-orders arrived along with a few extras. Just waiting on James and I will have the full set at last (Henry,Thomas + Percy). Was Gordon ever produced?

Henry was produced back in the initial series but I don't believe Tomix have announced a re-release in this new series yet.

tomix_henry.JPG?dl=1

Gordon was teased in the 2011-2012 Tomix catalog - here's a photo of the page - but was never released.

tomix_catalog.JPG?dl=1
  • Like 2

Gordon was teased in the 2011-2012 Tomix catalog - here's a photo of the page - but was never released.

tomix_catalog.JPG?dl=1

Thanks mrp. I knew I had seen photos somewhere of Gordon. Hopefully they may produce him with this release of the series depending on how popular they are!

Took delivery of two packages today, some Kato superelevated Track and an Aikan Railway 2000 Series.

I really love this two tone green paintjob (+ it reminds me of our local Stadtbahn)

post-12046-0-88366200-1499971128_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gryphr
  • Like 5
serotta1972

A really bad pic of what was in Nariichi-san's latest shipment:

attachicon.gifIMG_1105.JPG

My first Greenmax models, Rikuu-Saisen and Rikuu-Tosen Kiha110-200s.

Hi Ken, do you own any of the Kato 110's and if you do - how does the Greenmax compare? 

Hi Ken, do you own any of the Kato 110's and if you do - how does the Greenmax compare?

I have six or seven of the Kato 110s (including one converted to Nj, which is the eventual fate for most of mine.)

The GreenMax models run about the same as the Kato, but I'd never run them in the same consist - there are enough differences between them that they would look odd together. The GM cars are a few MM longer, and the way each has interpreted roof and other details is different.

One oddity is that on the GM 110s (30627) neither the motor or trailer car has lighting on both ends - the trailer is even missing the underbody switch to control the lights on the dark end. This is a little annoying since I like the look of a single 110, I'll look to see if it's practical to add the lighting to the other end of the motor car so it can be run solo.

The paint and decoration on the GM cars is beautiful. Also, the GM cars have a separate molding for the drop steps whereas the Kato ones are simply molded in place.

All in all I'm satisfied with the GM cars (mostly because of the decoration), but think they're a poor value compared to the Katos so I will be unlikely to purchase more. I'll also be leery of buying more GM anything sight unseen.

• Like 1

More MicroAce models. While I almost never buy them new, I gladly take pre-owned MicroAce models.

Keisei AE100 Skyliner

post-3895-0-22766200-1500045975_thumb.jpg

JR Central KiYa 95

post-3895-0-25635500-1500045990_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

10 sets of Greenmax Brill trucks. Hard to believe I fish $40 out of my pockets to buy such a tiny thing. Thus, nobody makes them for O or S gauge anymore. Though, of course cut up some styrene and make your own. Though, something about metal side frames on trucks denotes they won't fall off during a mega heatwave.

serotta1972

I have six or seven of the Kato 110s (including one converted to Nj, which is the eventual fate for most of mine.)

The GreenMax models run about the same as the Kato, but I'd never run them in the same consist - there are enough differences between them that they would look odd together. The GM cars are a few MM longer, and the way each has interpreted roof and other details is different.

One oddity is that on the GM 110s (30627) neither the motor or trailer car has lighting on both ends - the trailer is even missing the underbody switch to control the lights on the dark end. This is a little annoying since I like the look of a single 110, I'll look to see if it's practical to add the lighting to the other end of the motor car so it can be run solo.

The paint and decoration on the GM cars is beautiful. Also, the GM cars have a separate molding for the drop steps whereas the Kato ones are simply molded in place.

All in all I'm satisfied with the GM cars (mostly because of the decoration), but think they're a poor value compared to the Katos so I will be unlikely to purchase more. I'll also be leery of buying more GM anything sight unseen.

Hi Ken, thanks for sharing your impressions of the GM 110's.  I'm still on the fence and maybe when there's a good deal to be had, I will get one.

• Like 1