What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Thanks for the link.. :) Will wait for your checking.. my thought that the dimensions of wheels will depend on the scale, for regular trains / EMU it will be 1/150 and for shinkansen it will be 1/160 for sure..

I am planning to replace the wheels on my E1 old models.. the wheels were just too old and dirty when I got it.. thinking if I replace with fresh wheels it will be better for electrical pickup...

1/150 or 1/160, they still run on a 9mm wide track.  i'd assume wheels will be the same.

your wheels and contact strips probably just need a good clean with some form of contact cleaner.

Yeah, of course they run on 9mm wide track. But perhaps there are some slight differences which won't fit if tried to use on the shinkansen model... therefore I would need to have physical checking.. :)

I've checked a Tomix Hoki800, Tomix Koki107, Tomix Koki50000, Tomix 800 shinkansen and Tomytec wheels from trailer kits.  They are all 5.6 diameter and have some slightly different designs.  But the all cross fit perfectly.  Although I will say I have not run them on a track.

The slight differences are the diameter of the axle, which didn't seem to effect anything, and the outside axle point which holes the wheels and axles to the bogies.  Again this didn't seems to affect anything.  I'm guessing the slight variations is more to do with manufacture age than anything.

Tomix do have 2 types listed, new and convention power collection system.

I'm not expert.  So I cannot claim I am 100% right.  But for 300 yen, you could try a single pack of 4, and see how you go.  Buy more packs later if you have success with the first pack.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1

Hi Katoftw,

Many thanks for having done the checking. Much appreciated for your help.. :)

So that's the result that the wheels can be considered compatible with Tomix shinkansens.. Thanks for your suggestions. I will have a try with them.. :)

Great, that will be a great resource to get folks into Btrain shorties!

Jeff

Well, I tried, but two things went a bit wrong:

The 12200 is a complex kit by B-train shorty standards! Most of the video would have been me holding parts up to the instruction sheet while making noises like "hmm" and "err" and very occasionally "aha!" Also had to cut the glazing parts (the instructions tell you to do so) which was a pest as the plastic is so brittle.

The B pack with the centre coaches covers multiple variants (including the 12200 and 12400) so you have almost enough parts left over to build a third coach. It looks good running but I wouldn't recommend it for a complete newbie. You still don't need to speak Japanese but it's a bit more complex than, say, the twin pack of EF64s I built first.

Secondly my Gopro decided to stop after 10mins of recording for no apparent reason. I've got the C-pack for the Hokutosei on order so I'll try again when that arrives, a coach and a generator van should make for a much simpler, faster build.

Drunkenclam

I had 2 packages this week, both with a schoolgirl theme :rofl: sorry for the iPhone photos.

First from HS a couple of sets of the Kobaru MF-17 and 18 school swimsuit figures and a set of the MF-04 campaign girls, all were in pre order and seem to have sold out almost straight away. I'm sure some of them were modelled on the K-On girls

The second I got through Juno at the bidservice.jp (I use him for all my non international shop purchases)

Any how, he got me a couple of sets of the Miere Life MLS-1007 PE figures that are out of stock in most shops. He also got me something I've been looking for, for years. A sailor suit from the Kumamoto Daiichi High School, ok, I really only wanted the school badge, but this seemed the only way to get it.

post-3115-0-24485600-1435302250_thumb.jpgpost-3115-0-55270800-1435302121_thumb.jpgpost-3115-0-29320500-1435302372_thumb.jpg

Edited by Drunkenclam

From Various sellers:-

2x Tomix PG16 pantographs

Tomytec TM-20 motor unit

Kato WS124PC

Tomytec TM-08R motor unit

Tomytec Kumamoto Electric Railway 6000

Tomytec Kumamoto Electric Railway 6000 Kumamon wrapped

I'm holding back on big orders.  I wanna go nuts on yahoo soonish, so need to budget big for that.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1

HHmmm... Yahoo auctions big order coming katoftw? I wonder what that would be...

I have one crazy order coming in soon too... Crazy lot of tomytec buses and 2 rare train sets, the EXE 6-car basic & the 383 series Shinano 8-car!  :)

HHmmm... Yahoo auctions big order coming katoftw? I wonder what that would be...

Will depend on what is going through the auctions at the time over a 2 to 3 week period.  Kato DD51-842, Tomix Takasaki brown coaches, Tomix C61-20, MA Tomytec Otsu 350, MA Kiha 71 4 car.  Most of these have 2 or more auction per week recycling over and over.

Will also attempt a few others that tickle my interest, if they are available to bid on in the 2 to 3 week period of collecting the others.  But the above will be the minimum of what I'm aiming for.

Quickly went to TamTam Sagamihara today because I thought it was finally time to get a real Tomix controller. My choice fell on the N-600, the budget type, as I don't run long trains that need the power of an N-1000. A few Point Control Boxes (N-W) types were also purchased. It's not complete yet for my small layout project, as I need two more point control boxes, a few more cables, as well as a few replacements for my current tracks with which I'm not happy with.

Finally delivered today after a long wait - きかんしゃジェームス and きかんしゃパーシー.

post-2339-0-53659200-1435593785_thumb.jpg

With Thomas and Henry that makes the complete set.

post-2339-0-39021200-1435593781_thumb.jpg

These are beautiful models.  I can’t imagine why Tomix stopped making them.

I’ve wanted these ever since I first saw the promo pages in an old Tomix Catalog ages ago, so I’m happy I managed to grab them before they disappear completely.

post-2339-0-55316800-1435593783_thumb.jpg

I guess I can lock up the credit card for a while now!
Edited by mrp
  • Like 4

Nice score mrp! Watched those prices spiral upward, yes time to put the card away for a while! I thought of getting some a long time back but was not all that into Thomas so never did, dumb! Enjoy them!

Cheers

Jeff

Guest keio6000

Got the GM Odakyu 3000 set.

RAIL-19056.jpg

this is my first foray into GM completed sets.  I have seen others in stores and have not been impressed, but decided to give this a go.  fingers crossed it arrrives in one piece.  if it's good, i may go for the gm odakyu 1000 too.

odakyu seems to be the village bicycle these days as far as model train manufacturers are concerned, as everybody is making one odakyu set or another:

GM doing assorted commuters as above

Kato released the 3100

Tomix releasing a 4000 series commuter

MA not sure what they have on the burner now but they regularly re-release their 5200 series variants

Edited by keio6000
  • Like 4

Will depend on what is going through the auctions at the time over a 2 to 3 week period.  Kato DD51-842, Tomix Takasaki brown coaches, Tomix C61-20, MA Tomytec Otsu 350, MA Kiha 71 4 car.  Most of these have 2 or more auction per week recycling over and over.

Will also attempt a few others that tickle my interest, if they are available to bid on in the 2 to 3 week period of collecting the others.  But the above will be the minimum of what I'm aiming for.

Oops I look today and found something I wanted.  And it wasn't even one of the main choices, it was one of the tickle my fancy choices.  Wasn't planning to start until next month, but here goes.

post-1782-0-59744400-1435752029_thumb.jpg

Edited by katoftw

Ordered from various sellers:-

2x Kato R216-45

4x Kato S78S

Tomix 20C containers 3pk

Tomix V19C containers 3pk

Tomix V19B containers 3pk

Tomix 19B containers 3pk

Tomix 19B renewal containers 3pk

Tomix 19F containers 3pk

Also pulled these off yahoo:-

93128A (Koki 107-154)

93129B (Koki 107-285)

93130C (Koki 107-286)

93131D (Koki 107-287)

93132E (Koki 107-288 )

From the 50th Freight Container Anniversary set.  Already had one of these, but couldn't skip on a complete set that is new still in plastic.

Edited by katoftw
NuclearErick

has been a long time since a post here so...

got new E4 with the Pink Bird logo :love4:

ouch 20.000 yen :sad1:

post-866-0-16365200-1435837310_thumb.jpg

post-866-0-09889500-1435837311_thumb.jpg

post-866-0-50395100-1435837314_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
Welshbloke

Finally found someone offering "Power Unit 5" for the B Train Shorties, so ordered one and a red DD51 to go on top of it. Availability of the power units seems a tad sporadic, Bandai also seem less than inclined to make more of the ones which go out of stock.

has been a long time since a post here so...

got new E4 with the Pink Bird logo :love4:

ouch 20.000 yen :sad1:

Oh my! Tomix Omiya Limited E4! Very nice~  It's the old colour with the Ibis logo and power coupler, sweet ~ The add-on will be using the normal 4-car Tomix 92551?

Attached is the order of HSJ items that I have purchased to help with the layout display all shipped out via SAL so it will take a while getting here. But looking forward to it especially having the swipe card protectors (E5 Hayabusa and the E7 Hokuriku types)

post-559-0-74288500-1435900383_thumb.png

post-559-0-39346200-1435900402_thumb.png

• Like 2

Waiting for a Kato Double Track Viaduct Incline pier set,

MicroAce A0753 Nankai Series Express 

Keihan Railway Otusen 600

Tomytec TT-04R

Tomix 0238

Wakayama Railway TAMA train

Tomytec TM-05R

So much for my plan to only stick to Shinkansen, and Tokyo subway trains.