What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

My First purchase order through Loco1Hobby being the KATO D51 Standard Form Steam loco, this will be handy for the awaiting Orient Express '88 cars later in May. Thank you to Keitro for his assistance.

the_weird_one

My first share - also the first one the Royal Fail hasn't managed to damage in delivery.

post-850-0-13833700-1399662337_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

OOOh bright shiny new object in the post today! the E7 collector set showed up (thanks nariichi!). it is bright and shiny! good new train smell as well. 

i think the issues i may have had going fast on the points last weekend with one of our club members is that the front truck seems really loose, so im going to experiment tightening them up.

jeff

Nice ~ Any plans for the Tomix N700-7000 Kumamon Kyushu Shinkansen set?

Yeah thought about it.  Isn't high on the list yet.

Would like to case up a 787 series also from Kyushu.

Probably start looking at some train set from other regions within Japan now.

Kato M250 (probably the basic 4 car + 4 car add on)

Kato E259 Narita (both 3 car basic + 3 car add on)

Kato Cassiopeia sets (probably the basic 4 car + 3 car add on)

Edited by katoftw
Davo Dentetsu

Silly me stuffed up and shop bought most of a Twilight Express.  Moron me just had to order the basic set to complete it because I'm a terrible checker.  Means I'll have a roster of two EF81s soon, then.  :P

Claude_Dreyfus

Just returned from a week in Japan, and during my last day I made a trip to Akihabara to visit Tam Tam. It took some finding - more the fault of me not noticing it as I wandered past - but it was well worth the visit. I did not do too much shopping, but came away with a couple of packets of Kato couplings, a Tomytec Toei no-step bus (which I saw everywhere in Tokyo) and a Kato E2 Bullet - a six-car set with the 2-car add-on. The E2 was due to my travelling on one of these between Nagano and Tokyo last Friday.

Piccys later,  but recently received two painted trains by KATO...they look good!

- 10-481                   205 Series KATO Train    (10 car set)  *subliminal message at train shows: "Buy Kato.......buy Kato........buy Kato........."*

- 10-1227                E231 Rilakkuma/Yamamote Line (11 car set)

Just returned from a week in Japan, and during my last day I made a trip to Akihabara to visit Tam Tam. It took some finding - more the fault of me not noticing it as I wandered past - but it was well worth the visit. I did not do too much shopping, but came away with a couple of packets of Kato couplings, a Tomytec Toei no-step bus (which I saw everywhere in Tokyo) and a Kato E2 Bullet - a six-car set with the 2-car add-on. The E2 was due to my travelling on one of these between Nagano and Tokyo last Friday.

Sounds like the sort of shopping I do, a few odds and ends and a train I travelled on that caught my fancy.

Wonderful time for me, just before having a Model Train exhibition for the Japan Festival here in Melbourne (well Box Hill) www.jcv-au.org/japanfestival I have two orders that have came in:

Order 1 (HSJ)
TOMIX Kitaguni 2 car add-on set (Motor unit set)
TOMIX Kitaguni 2 car add-on set (Trailer unit set) 

Order 2 (Loco1Hobby)
KATO D51 Standard Form SL

Both are ready for my running consists which the D51 will be having it first run on the Sunday, But the Kitaguni (as I now have a 10 car consist) will run at the June Queens Birthday event. 

Thank to Keitro for the excellent service.

• Like 2

Today I went to TamTam and spent too much money... Lots of spray paint and other small things to be able to make two Keisei 3500 models and one Keisei 3100. I only need the correct bogies for the 3500 (Hankyū Minden (standard) and Tōbu Minden (under cab)). The 3100 will probably sit on the chassis of a spare Keisei 3290 or 3200 I have lying around. The early nineties will be strong in this house.

post-188-0-06486200-1400736245_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

finaly some cinematic couplers for my Micro Ace

attachicon.gifDSC01349.JPG

and this sweety

attachicon.gifDSC01350.JPG

Hey NEX-989, where did you get your 281 Haruka? been trying to find one at a decent price for what seems forever.

Thanks,

Guy

yet another Amtrak F59PHI :)
post-1181-0-85044100-1401024692_thumb.jpg
and finally my first East i :love4:

post-1181-0-85326300-1401024731_thumb.jpg

RE: GuyCS:
got my one at 1999.co.jp (HobbySearch)
for 14200 YEN in NEW condition

i were about 9 months on the waiting list

Edited by NEX-989
  • Like 2

yet another Amtrak F59PHI :)

attachicon.gifDSC00716.JPG

and finally my first East i :love4:

attachicon.gifDSC00720.JPG

RE: GuyCS:

got my one at 1999.co.jp (HobbySearch)

for 14200 YEN in NEW condition

i were about 9 months on the waiting list

9 MONTHS!  :icon_scratch:  I'll move on i think lol, im thinking either 7 car kato 923 or blow the budget with a full 16 car kato 700 shinkansen, decisions decisions  :sad1:

That's a fantastic score there NEX-989! The East-I is very highly sought after now, including myself. But at 14200 yen even for USED is cheap! How did you land on such a tasty set with a magnificent price?   :)

Just ordered the Kato/Roundhouse 651-1000 10-935, fingers crossed it gets through customs quickly  :icon_thumleft:

Davo Dentetsu

I must have a "customs must inspect this item for thorough playing... I mean, thorough criminal testing" Twilight Expresses.  Still not here...  le sigh.

I must have a "customs must inspect this item for thorough playing... I mean, thorough criminal testing" Twilight Expresses.  Still not here...  le sigh.

We've all been there, im just dreading the "awaiting customs charging" update lol  :angry5:

marknewton

Touch wood, I've never had a package held up by customs yet. The Tomix models I ordered on the 23rd of May arrived today. I've already attached the detail parts and numbered them.  :)

Cheers,

Mark.

BookOff isn't good for my health...

post-188-0-81337300-1401429194_thumb.jpg

I guess once again, another Keisei Akaden project will be initiated.

Also, this is an old edition of the Keikyū 1000 type kit with the old sticker sheets apparently. Now, I didn't find these on the new sticker sheets, but there are special Keisei Fire Orange livery body lines ('obi') printed on the old sheet (bottom yellow-ish lines).

post-188-0-44169700-1401429351_thumb.jpg

I had a suspicion these were available somehow, but not from GreenMax. Now I feel violated and betrayed... Also, the old sticker sheets are much nicer than the new ones.