What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Lol, you have to take care not to eat with the ballpoints instead of the chopsticks. :P

This was my first thought also. :)

DD16, single loco and loco+snow plows set, both very nicely done.

Unfortunately though not DCC friendly, I was hoping they would use a mechanism like the American NW2 with a drop in board so that if the NW2 decoder itself wouldn't fit then at least NGDCC might come out with one but it is more like the old style mechanisms and not much room to shoe horn in a decoder.

Woaaaa quite a haul jon! did you register at hobbysearch?

jeff

Edited by cteno4

Massive order in today!

Hokkaido D51

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Painted Trains Galore!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice haul!

You know, from your order, it seems very very similar to mine! Haha ¬¬

I've got the Shimanekko and Tarumi coming on the way too, together with the Kotoden train, but i'm not getting the Snow Miku tram though... Painted trains are always nice and the Kotoden was too cute to pass by...

Also got my first steam locomotive, C60-7 and some coaches to run on the way clearing customs too.

Great minds think alike? Haha ¬¬  :)

arrgh, nariichi just happened to have a Kotoden Kotochan train in stock so my cc is going to scream bloody murder! this one will nudge out the Meitetsu series 1000 zoo/aquarium train as the most expensive per car set i have, but love the porpoises!

jeff

Guest keio6000

Bought for a fair price on ebay today:  Tomix  N700-7000.  For those of you unfamiliar, the -7000 subseries as modelled representse a JR West / "Kyushu" N700 notable for having an exceptionally elegant livery complete with a subtle duck-egg blue (NOT white like most JR west shinkansen) color. this was a model i once picked up in a 'junk bin' in tokyo but put it down because they wanted too much for 4 questionable cars. i never forgot how surprisingly nice the -7000 model looked and now that i had a chance to get the full 8 cars at a fair price in a tomix case i jumped at it.  this may well be one of those shinkansen, like the hikari rail star, where the models were first pretty common but soon become hard to find, so i'm happy i added it.

ah, i remember thinking first i'll never get a N700, but now i find myself with two.   but, i think this is really where it ends. i can't see an N700A purchase as there's really nothing to differentiate the "A" other than the decal.

tr_409_02.jpg

See the N700-7000 (N700系7000番) on the right - it's really blue!

110407_1.jpg

Edited by keio6000

Tomix 48A-38000 containers.  And that is all.  Had them as monthly shipment for pre-orders with HS.  But everything else for March got delayed.  What a waste of shipping. haha

Still waiting for my order from MTP, so all development is stopped for now. 

This order illustrates how my country works:

Order took 13 calendar days to arrive to Portugal ( fast i think, i was expecting from 2 to 3 weeks ) 

Upon arriving this happens: 

1- Waiting 5 days on the airport, before being selected for custom control.

2- Waiting 13 more days before someone at customs has a chance to check it. Checking was done in a few hours. 

3- Waiting again, this time for someone to pick it up from the warehouse and put it for deliver. 

I really don't know who i should blame, the Portuguese post or the Portuguese customs.

I am more inclined to blame the Portuguese post since they are the ones responsible for the handling. 

Getting a bit desperate here... i want my trains  :sad1:

Edited by NJHA

Monday's delivery, the first of a few and the first for quite a while: Mr Hobby glue applicator and Tomix Finetrack to run trams and shortys. Now I just need trams and shortys.

post-2328-0-92982900-1396551824_thumb.jpg

And from today (this time from Germany, not Japan as the bus seems to be sold out everywhere else). A Girls Und Panzer bus to go with the Girls Und Panzer shorty which is in transit, plus some peepz to occupy it

post-2328-0-71960000-1396552200_thumb.jpg

post-2328-0-11464300-1396552221_thumb.jpg

Edited by PSDavidson
Mudkip Orange

Painted Trains Galore!

I don't know how I missed that Shimanekko train, but I just ordered it as well. Too cute.

And from today (this time from Germany, not Japan as the bus seems to be sold out everywhere else). A Girls Und Panzer bus to go with the Girls Und Panzer shorty which is in transit, plus some peepz to occupy it

PS, try the cheap chinese architectural figures on ebay 100 for like $2.50. they are great to populate busses with as you dont see a lot of detail thru the windows. you just chop them off at the waste. usually the seated folks dont sit well in bus or train model seats and some amputation is required anyway!

curt has a great thread on peopling things

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/3378-adding-figures/

cheers

jeff

Nick_Burman

Still waiting for my order from MTP, so all development is stopped for now. 

This order illustrates how my country works:

Order took 13 calendar days to arrive to Portugal ( fast i think, i was expecting from 2 to 3 weeks ) 

Upon arriving this happens: 

1- Waiting 5 days on the airport, before being selected for custom control.

2- Waiting 13 more days before someone at customs has a chance to check it. Checking was done in a few hours. 

3- Waiting again, this time for someone to pick it up from the warehouse and put it for deliver. 

I really don't know who i should blame, the Portuguese post or the Portuguese customs.

I am more inclined to blame the Portuguese post since they are the ones responsible for the handling. 

Getting a bit desperate here... i want my trains  :sad1:

Aperte as mãos amigo, pois aqui no Brasil as coisas estão do mesmo jeito... :-)

Cheers NB

Aperte as mãos amigo, pois aqui no Brasil as coisas estão do mesmo jeito... :-)

Cheers NB

Se não parar na alfandega é rápido. Mas segundo me informaram os correios, se a encomenda parar na alfandega os tempos de serviço deixam de ser contados e é claro, a encomenda deixa de ser importante..

In english:

NB was saying that Brasil has the same problem, the post offices take forever to deliver mail/packages. 

In the meantime i think i found out the reason for the delay. It seems that packages going into customs get the delivery times suspended, thus not interfering with the regular service times. 

A package can "sit" in a warehouse for months after being cleared from customs, and this delay isn't computed on the delivery/service times. So they just let the packages be treated like ultra non priority mail.

As for me, i am going to fill a complaint on the national post service. It wont do me any good, but at least it will be noted.

Nick_Burman

Here they are... now the only things missing are pantograph bases (on the 3 door car), mechanisms, couplers and transfers. Incidentally, if anyone has some Tomytec pan bases from the PS13 pantograph spare and would be willing to part with them, I'm definitively a taker.

Speaking of transfers, has anyone had experience with Greenmax transfers? Are they good?

Cheers NB

post-283-0-53366100-1396623180_thumb.jpg

PS, try the cheap chinese architectural figures on ebay 100 for like $2.50. they are great to populate busses with as you dont see a lot of detail thru the windows. you just chop them off at the waste. usually the seated folks dont sit well in bus or train model seats and some amputation is required anyway!

curt has a great thread on peopling things

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/3378-adding-figures/

cheers

jeff

Thanks for the tip. I'll look out for them

Peter

Oh you lucky bugger, I hope to get an EH500 some day.

have been waiting a year.  jumped on them as i didn't wanna wait another year again.