What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Found a great deal on Amazon for a Kato N500 Starter Set shipped via SAL from Japan.

This Shinkansen isn't in my roster yet, but getting the track and power pack is a bonus!

Ahah!

Please be warned Shinkansen are very addictive!   :)

My Tomix E7 arrived yesterday. This is my first train in close to six months. Aside from opening the boxes (the two plastic train-cases come inside a large cardboard box) I haven't even had time to run it around the track once yet. Maybe tomorrow night. Arrgh.

But this is one beautifiul train, and the model looks well-realized.

My santram showed up last night! hope to put the shell on and put it on the tomix mini radius turnback loop torture test tonight!

Kotoden Kotochan train also showed up from (thanks for nariichi just happening to have one laying around!) 

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10251384

expensive but its a lot better looking in person than in the picts of the model. cute vhs storage case for the two cars. may have to get some cases and carve up some inserts for the tomytec two car kits as those boxes really fall apart fast with a lot of opening and closings.

jeff

My santram showed up last night! hope to put the shell on and put it on the tomix mini radius turnback loop torture test tonight!

Kotoden Kotochan train also showed up from (thanks for nariichi just happening to have one laying around!) 

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10251384

expensive but its a lot better looking in person than in the picts of the model. cute vhs storage case for the two cars.

I am curious what is your experience about the Santram. Please share your thoughts in its topic (and if you take some pictures and/or videos, it would be great also)!

I was thinking about this Kotoden Kotochan train, but found it overpriced for my taste.

ist,

ill post a video of it, just did one fast loop to see if it worked last night. looked pretty good for an inexpensive tomytec!

yeah the Kotoden Kotochan was horribly pricy, but really looks great and i use to do some marine mammal research so love the dolphins and just a total sucker for the fun painted trains! i think it now is the most expensive per car train i have...

jeff

Chaching! Great deal! Really fun when you run across those!

Jeff

Hello...

just purchased in a second hand exhibition... for only 20 Euros!!!

I posted the arrival of my Kumamoto Tram earlier and thanks to a Kato Tram Chassis its finally driving :-)

It would be great if you can share same info about it, how did you make, did you have to cut or modify the chassis, etc. :-)

Maybe in the tram section of the forum.

• Like 1

In Italy we have strange people...

you can purchase an italian - used - model for the same price as in the shop (but new model!)...

then, if it consist of a foreign model (except for german models) you can have some very great business...

I'ts american? medium value...

I'ts spanish? medium-low value...

it's japanese? low value...

It's a shinkansen serie 0 or a tgv? great value... (because it's a shinkansen or tgv, doesn't matter if is from Japan or France...)

It would be great if you can share same info about it, how did you make, did you have to cut or modify the chassis, etc. :-)

Maybe in the tram section of the forum.

we DO have a Tram section?!

of course i had to rasp a lot of material but its quite simple!

ill shoot some pics and upload them in the tram section as soon as i can

• Like 1

My N500 set from Japan arrived very quickly and I was quite surprised that the cars are packaged in individual plastic boxes, I don't think that is typical for most sets.

All my other Unitrack is double track super elevated, so these are my first "flat" curves.  This model navigates the standard curves very well at high speed.  I may order the single track outer loop.

I was also able to add a couple of switches to the loop and am very pleased with the action, again if I only had the space for a permanent layout... :icon_scratch:

N500 Set

Edited by Mauka

Nothing new today, but yesterday I received a copy of the Kato Archives, and also a copy of the game "Railfan", for PS3. That, leads me to ask the question, "does anyone have an English language version of the PS3 manual for "Railfan"?

All my other Unitrack is double track super elevated, so these are my first "flat" curves.  This model navigates the standard curves very well at high speed.  I may order the single track outer loop.

I was also able to add a couple of switches to the loop and am very pleased with the action, again if I only had the space for a permanent layout... :icon_scratch:

R348 are good if planning to run more Shinkansens.

R282 are good if planning to run more non Shinkansens and have space issues.

Edited by katoftw

Dammit. The 鉄道模型市 (Tetsudō Mokei Ichi) in Hamamatsuchō yesterday proved to be terrible for my wallet...

The red train is a Keikyū 1000 type (MicroAce A-0071). It was dirt cheap, but the front lights don't work and the couplers have been replaced by ugly Kato couplers. The lights can be repaired (I think) and the couplers were going to be replaced with MicroAce or Tomix ones anyway. It runs well and fits nicely into my collection. A Keikyū 1000 is a must have for any Kantō area 1,435mm gauge collection.

Now, the small blue box contains a very very rare Hokusō Kaihatsu 9000 type (one of 250 made), made by Yellow Train in commissioned by Hokusō Kaihatsu themselves! With MicroAce in a pinch of survival and not expecting GM to make one, this was an instant purchase. I still have to acquire a lot of extra parts for it, since it's a body kit only, but I think I already have at least half of it from leftovers of GM kits. Anyway, this train was a must have for me, but I never was expecting to come across a cheap kit. Now I only need a good soldering iron, time and patience... Maybe I can commission someone to make this kit for me xD

post-188-0-18841800-1398817785_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toni Babelony
Davo Dentetsu

Hello...

just purchased in a second hand exhibition... for only 20 Euros!!!

attachicon.gifDSCF0068.JPG

Neat!  Reminds me of my own cheap adventures of the $25 EH10.  Something about those brown trains that attract low dollar! :D

Received my Tomix E7 a couple of days ago and have just given it it's first run. The power couplings and all wheels pick up means that the model starts to move at low controller settings and the acceleration is very smooth.

I have also just received a Kato Series 2000 Aichi loop from Traintrax, here in the UK. I don't know why but this little train appeals to me.

Now to build the layout.

Dave

post-2036-0-51648400-1398867644_thumb.jpg

• Like 1