Mudkip Orange

For June:

- Kumamoto 6000 type (Kumamon Wrapping);

- Kumamoto 6000 series (6211 consist);

For July:

- Keihan 700 type 2nd release (Keion! Wrapping);

- Keihan 600 type 1st release (flat front window);

- Kumamoto Municipal Transport 0800 ([COCORO] Wrapping);

This release is like Pokemon, I gotta catch 'em all.

• Like 1

Oh, my.  Nariichi-san just put up preorders for what I think is a new Tomix model - the Hakone Tozan Type 2000 in both Rhaetian and Allegra paint.  I believe Tomix only did the Type 1000s and MoHas before, correct?  (Plus the Type 3000s that are imminent)

The Hakone Tozan has turned into a real interest for me...

PDF from the Tomix site:  http://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/kettei/pdf/20150311-1.pdf

Hi all,

Any idea or maybe you have an unofficial news about when the tomix shinkansen 300 series will be re-released again? :) any clue? Thanks...

NuclearErick

Hi all,

Any idea or maybe you have an unofficial news about when the tomix shinkansen 300 series will be re-released again? :) any clue? Thanks...

92639/92124 adds 2862+2863+2864

92808/92809/92810

92991 Limited Edition 300-3000

92997 Last Run 03/16/2012 ( Your Profile Pic )

92869/92870/92871

i have to agree with Mr.500 unlikely to be re-release again in at least 2 - 3 years

• Like 1

Hi Mr. 500, Nuclear & Katoftw,

Thanks for your response. Well, then I was late to know that it was just released last year.. 2-3 years seems like a long time to wait, but I think it's worth to wait..

Next question is, is there any possibility that the other manufacturers might have chance to produce this 300 series?? I've ever seen micro ace also released this item, but will they do that again? Or maybe Kato has interest to do the same thing?? Just wondering...

Sorry to be a wet blanket Robert, but seriously I think it's going to be very tough. The latest re-release was kinda a surprise, and a very welcomed one too since it has the upgraded power coupler system which everyone likes so much. Hence after that release, it will be VERY difficult to see it being release again, though I might be wrong. Same like the 100 series, we didn't get to see an upgraded one with power coupler for the Tomix except for the last Tomix 92823 Kodama colour. However, the 0 series did re-release quite a number of times with different versions, perhaps because the real model was in service for a long time hence multiple units and formations were running, hence the need to produce each prototypically correct model.

Kato on the other hand has never seen a 300 series, neither a 400 series too. It was the reason why I choose Tomix over Kato for my fleet for connectability fun in coupling and power coupler system.

There was MA release like you mentioned, but that was quite a long time ago. MA doesn't seem to do shinkansens as much as the other 2 bigger brands, seeing only the 0 series, 100 series, 200 series and 300 series being released on the MA platform, along with a few really special shinkansens like the inspection Doctor Yellow 0 series, the E926 East-I inspection train etc. which I regret not getting and it REALLY hard to find now...

I understand your situation, as I started quite late in this hobby too and it's hard to find the older models...

• Like 1

Same like the 100 series, we didn't get to see an upgraded one with power coupler for the Tomix except for the last Tomix 92823 Kodama colour.

I’m not sure it qualifies as a “re-release”, but there was also the 92987 Series 100 with hook-ring power couplers.  I purchased two sets to replace my two original 92286 sets.  The Series 100 is my favourite Shinkansen design - I think the classic lines scale down well to N-gauge, and it doesn’t have those awful pink pantographs  :)

100 series could be the next to come.  it is the only shinkansen Tomix has not released or rereleased in the past 2 years.

Edited by katoftw

100 series could be the next to come.  it is the only shinkansen Tomix has not released or rereleased in the past 2 years.

I bought the second of my 92987 Series 100 sets from Bigman just a couple of months ago, and they seem to still have it in stock.  I’m not sure there’d be that much demand yet for a re-release.

Sorry to be a wet blanket Robert, but seriously I think it's going to be very tough. The latest re-release was kinda a surprise, and a very welcomed one too since it has the upgraded power coupler system which everyone likes so much. Hence after that release, it will be VERY difficult to see it being release again, though I might be wrong. Same like the 100 series, we didn't get to see an upgraded one with power coupler for the Tomix except for the last Tomix 92823 Kodama colour. However, the 0 series did re-release quite a number of times with different versions, perhaps because the real model was in service for a long time hence multiple units and formations were running, hence the need to produce each prototypically correct model.

Kato on the other hand has never seen a 300 series, neither a 400 series too. It was the reason why I choose Tomix over Kato for my fleet for connectability fun in coupling and power coupler system.

There was MA release like you mentioned, but that was quite a long time ago. MA doesn't seem to do shinkansens as much as the other 2 bigger brands, seeing only the 0 series, 100 series, 200 series and 300 series being released on the MA platform, along with a few really special shinkansens like the inspection Doctor Yellow 0 series, the E926 East-I inspection train etc. which I regret not getting and it REALLY hard to find now...

I understand your situation, as I started quite late in this hobby too and it's hard to find the older models...

Hi Mr. 500,

Not a problem... This is what makes this hobby is interesting, sometimes we need surprise and wait for special gift from the manufacturer in an uncertain time.. :) better to be late then never.. :)

I think I will wait for a miracle for this one.. Hahah.. :D

Yes, this can be the reason for some modellers to choose their favorite manufacturer... :)

Hello Mr Robert46,

Please allow me to assist.  Several 300系 shinkansen are currently available on Yahoo Auctions.

Micro Ace A-7360 - http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m131898396

Tomix 92997 - http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h199659622

Tomix 92991 - http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m131150168

Tomix 92639 - http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d165430487

To purchase one of these from outside of Japan you have three options:

1. Join a forwarding service such as www.jauce.com;

2. Contact Mr Dave from Loco1hobby, he is member keitaro on this forum;

3. Contact Mr Narichii from Model Train Plus, he is member Narichii on this forum;

All will charge a service fee.  Apart from the auction price, you will have to pay a banking fee, a local shipping fee, and sometimes tax.

Good luck.

• Like 1