Tomix - New Releases

Has anyone received their Hakone Tozan Type 3000s?

Just delivered today.  I posted a pic on the "What did you order..." thread.

I was a bit worried when I placed the order because it doesn't have the flywheel motor, but it seems to run pretty well.

• Like 1

Hello Mr Robert46,

Please allow me to assist.  Several 300系 shinkansen are currently available on Yahoo Auctions.

Micro Ace A-7360 - http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m131898396

Tomix 92997 - http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h199659622

Tomix 92991 - http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m131150168

Tomix 92639 - http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d165430487

To purchase one of these from outside of Japan you have three options:

1. Join a forwarding service such as www.jauce.com;

2. Contact Mr Dave from Loco1hobby, he is member keitaro on this forum;

3. Contact Mr Narichii from Model Train Plus, he is member Narichii on this forum;

All will charge a service fee.  Apart from the auction price, you will have to pay a banking fee, a local shipping fee, and sometimes tax.

Good luck.

Hi Mr. E6,

Many thanks for your suggestions, I will do the necessary... Thanks a lot!! :)

• Like 1

For those whom got cheeky when I suggested a Sayonara Twilight express. haha

Well my prediction came true.

10320933k.jpg

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 3

Holy crap, Tomix just announced a bunch of amazing releases tripple ballin'!

Just a list of some:

- JR Hokkaido H5 Series Shinkansen;

- JR East E2-1000 Series Shinkansen in Yamabiko livery;

- JR West Sayonara Twilight Express set (as katoftw already pointed out);

- JR Kyūshū KIHA66/67 Type DMU in Huis Ten Bosch livery;

- JR Kyūshū 415-100 Series EMU;

- JR East 415-1500 Series EMU in Jyōban line livery with grey underbody work (post-2007 for Jyōban and Mito line);

- Odakyū 4000 Series EMU (Odakyū and Tōkyō Metro Chiyoda line through service);

- JR East E233-2000 EMU (Jyōban Local line and Tōkyō Metro Chiyoda line through service);

- JR West KIHA 187-10 Type DMU, Super Oki livery, 3-car;

- JR West KIHA 187-500 Type DMU, Super Inaba livery, 2-car;

- JNR KIHA 82, Hokkaidō version;

- JR East 485-3000 Series EMU, Hakuchō livery;

- JR West 225 Series EMU, 3 car SD set;

- new containers (UR19A-10000 type Japan Oil, pink livery & JR Freight 19D-42000 type);

- New Power Pack! N-DU101-CL a contemporary one-handle controller.

That's a damn lot! And damn interesting!

The Odakyū 4000 is a surprise, which really appeals to me, and the 415-1500 goes on my wish list, as I travel on them and photograph them frequently when visiting the in-laws. The new controller also is being gauged.

Related .pdfs with pictures, prices and so on can be found here: http://www.jp-ngauge.info/ngi/2015/04/tomix-0d0a.html

Edited by Toni Babelony
  • Like 1

- JR East 485-3000 Series EMU, Hakutaka livery;

I believe it is the Hakucho livery. Nice none-the-less. :)

I believe it is the Hakucho livery. Nice none-the-less. :)

I'm bad with JR/JNR Ltd. Express names and birds. xD Thanks for pointing that out!

Guest keio6000

Excited to see the Odakyu 4000. I love the 2000 more but still the 4000 is nice and I am sure Tomix will give it a good  shot.

i'm 100% with you there.  4000 is probably the least inspiring odakyu EMU, but it's good to see it made.  i'd love a 1000 or 2000 even more, but as i'm no particular fan of tomix, this still leaves out hope that MA or Kato will make those.

The price for the Sayonara Twilight Express set makes me want to cry.

5 locomotives and 10 carriages, but still.... that's a lot of money.

It is an interesting concept.  I would've expected a 11 car set. ie 1 loco and 10 passenger cars.

It is an over the top set with 5 locos included.  Not ever attempted by any manufacturer has been close to this.  Time will tell if 5 locos were too much.

Guest keio6000

It is an interesting concept.  I would've expected a 11 car set. ie 1 loco and 10 passenger cars.

It is an over the top set with 5 locos included.  Not ever attempted by any manufacturer has been close to this.  Time will tell if 5 locos were too much.

my favorite set is the Akatsuki/Naha set by Tomix.   3 locomotives and 11 coaches.

kind of get the feeling that Tomix mails it in with their locos.  They produce a ton of them and are happy to 'add value' to such sets knowing darn well that people will buy them one way or another. 

Wow one for the book or records.  Just got a e-mail to stat one of my Tomix pre-orders release date has been move forward.

It is rare for a release not to see a delay.  But released earlier, I'm going "what the?"

Edited by katoftw

The price for the Sayonara Twilight Express set makes me want to cry.

5 locomotives and 10 carriages, but still.... that's a lot of money.

Don't worry I will wait when they do a re-release of the Sayonara Twilight cause I don't have the funds to get it right away.

That Sayonara is tempting, but the price to go along is equally...

That 485 Hakucho is interesting! I think we had that before, made by MicroAce? These 485s seems to be tempting me more and more!

The Kiha-187s are also a nice come back from previous versions. I recalled there was a camera version for the Kiha-187... The Super Inaba is interesting as a limited edition set bearing the 98xxx series.

That controller looks mighty awesome! Will keep an eye out on this one!

Thought I would dive in on the E233-2000 after thinking why there wasn't a model on it, but after looking hard at it, I think it's a pass for me...

Romancing SaGa Kiha 125 aka Y-DC125.  Yes please.

10326581b.jpg

And for Toni, there is two different Kanto Railway 2100s sets available.  Which I'm tempted in buying also.

Edited by katoftw

And for Toni, there is two different Kanto Railway 2100s sets available.  Which I'm tempted in buying also.

Yes, I got a notice from a friend about this! That sort of ends my venture into the 2XXX/5000 series in 3D, as this will probably lead up to single-car Niigata produced Kanto Railway trains. Not too bad, as these painted models are more than half the price of 3D printed and unpainted models. This way I can concentrate on other things. It was good practice in the end and I'm looking forward to these!

• Like 1

Off Topic a little, so I goggled what's Kansengar and it turns out to be a kid's cartoon...

The lead is the conductor on the 500 series Kodama called 'Nishi' and he changes, sort of transform into Kansengar.... And the devils he fights are the bad things people do on the train, such as throwing litter anywhere, placing belongings on seats etc. It's an educational program about how to behave while travelling on trains...

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 2

Yes, I got a notice from a friend about this! That sort of ends my venture into the 2XXX/5000 series in 3D, as this will probably lead up to single-car Niigata produced Kanto Railway trains. Not too bad, as these painted models are more than half the price of 3D printed and unpainted models. This way I can concentrate on other things. It was good practice in the end and I'm looking forward to these!

The 3D modelling curse is true.

• Like 1

The 3D modelling curse is true.

I will only believe it when a professional affordable model of my current project (Sneltram Utrecht) is announced ;)

I will only believe it when a professional affordable model of my current project (Sneltram Utrecht) is announced 

Which one are you making? The austrian, the swiss or the modern ones? Do you have a business plan for it or at least a motorization idea?

In N scale, no. In H0, yes: http://www.skiptram.nl/?KleinSERIEfabrikanten:HALLING:SUN_tram_BRU (although it's the modernized version with new front)

N scale tram modelling is far from popular anyway...

There is a brass etched kit available in N-gauge, but it looks very crude when finished. The modernised H0 version isn't great either IMO xD

Which one are you making? The austrian, the swiss or the modern ones? Do you have a business plan for it or at least a motorization idea?

I'm making four variations on the Swiss high-floor versions: basic, basic with cabin cooling unit, modernised and modernised with altered ventilation grills. Personally, I'm only interested in the basic versions, but because the modernised versions only have front changes visually, I'll add those later as well. More on this later in the 3D printing topic.