Tomix - New Releases

Yeah I saw those.  Also the Kanto Railway 2100s are interesting.  But I'm trying not to buy anymore Tomytec after this one last Kiha125. haha

U know, there will always be a 'last one after this'... and a 'final last one after this'... and a 'last of last'... and a 'no more after this'... and ... you get the drift ~~ :P

All those new little electrics are very tempting, but the Kanto 2100 DMU are on my wishlist for a while already. Strangely, HS didn't have the painted versions on their blog post...

Tomytec will release the Fukui Railway 200 type. It will be released as number 2 of Tomytec's 10th Anniversary series, the Akita Chuo Kotsu train being the 1st one in this series. As the 200 type has jacobs bogies, a corresponding new power unit will also be released.

Furthermore, Tomytec will also release the Osaka Municipal Subway Chuo Line 20 series. It will be released in January 2016.

Source: http://www.jp-ngauge.info/ngi/2015/08/tomytec2015-471a.html

I'm pretty excited about Tomytec finally releasing a power unit with jacobs bogies~

The 200 type also is an interesting train. Tomytec really made some good choices for their Anniversary series.

• Like 1

I'm pretty excited about Tomytec finally releasing a power unit with jacobs bogies~

The 200 type also is an interesting train. Tomytec really made some good choices for their Anniversary series.

ALL HAIL TOMYTEC! The harbingers of the curse. Once again, I can halt project developments on 3D printing... Just as I developed my jacobs bogie chassis, this comes out of the woodworks. It will probably be too wide, but it will certainly have extremely useful parts! I await this release with patience.

At least there will be a good time lapse to gather finances for investment and purchases in other fields of interest, like the announced Sotetsu N7000 2-car sets (old livery and sold by Sotetsu only).

So brown Suhafu 12 and Ohafu 13 (or similar) with some open air modified cars in the middle?

Interesting it is released without any passenger car options.  Maybe they'll come later.

Edited by katoftw

So brown Suhafu 12 and Ohafu 13 (or similar) with some open air modified cars in the middle?

Interesting it is released without any passenger car options.  Maybe they'll come later.

I was thinking about this too.. Though the Red DE10-1678 can be passed off as a DL Ben'etsu Monogatari engine...

On the other hand, the Tomix 98010 Kiha-120 Otio Line is finally out for orders again ~ Pretty little runner with nice graphics and pre-installed interior lights!

Also, the Tomix 98947 Series 24 Sayonara Twilight Express set is finally out! 5 engines baby! But disappointed they couldn't even install TN couplers on such a big set...

Hi,
Did someone notice that Tomix will realease a full Hokutosei formation in HO soon? And also a new DD51, so there will be 3 manufacturers with the same locomotive... (Kato, Tenshodo and Tomix)

post-1810-0-06672400-1441720092_thumb.jpg

A rerun of the Cassiopeia is also planned, maybe a rerun kf ED 79 could be a good idea as there are almlost soldout everywhere.

Bye

Nicolas

Edited by bnicolas1987
  • Like 1

You know you want it.  I don't even know what it is.  But I want it. haha

10348026b.jpg

Very cool, not too disimilar to how I got my Tamiya truck set up.

8N7vyWFl.jpg

h9ZY8xCl.jpg

Edited by Azumanga Davo

It's a mascot that represents a hobby nipper mady by Tomytec themselves: http://www.28ko.jp/ The usual over-marketed stuff with a middle-of-the-road moe (萌) character without paid license (like the Vocaloid characters).

• Like 1

Of course I want it! Anything Tomytec with cute little girls painted on them... Why not?

Not the airplane though... Wouldn't have space (nor cash) for another hobby....

*Side note - I discover the return of the Tomytec trailer tanker trucks. They used to be only available in Tomytec truck collection 1 and was selling for a high price on Yahoo for sometime due to the rarity of it. But they reused the mould recently to do the Shell tanker, and now this...

Edited by JR 500系
Krackel Hopper

Totally on board with this Ultimate! Nipako truck/tanker set.

Not going to lie, I was seriously confused.  I did not realize there was a sprue cutter brand called God Hand.  At fist, I though they were talking about the video game.  I am not familiar with the game other than the title, so I though somehow this was a character from that game.  Searching lead me to multiple Gundam Modeling Forums where there seems to be a solid consensus that God Hand makes the best nippers (sprue cutters) in the modeling world.

So I learned something new today.

Also.. now I want that plane too.. but certainly no room for a runway.. might have to look at that Sankei aircraft hangar and see if it would be suitable.  Maybe I can kitbash the Greenmax Bus Office to fit.. ugghhh.. I just finished (mostly) scaling down my "that would be cool" projects so I could stay more focused.. and here I am already starting another one..

Maybe I don't need that plane.. 

edit:

You can't be serious.. I just realized.. the weapons station on the plane is equipped with nippers.. that is so stupid.. I love it!

Edited by Krackel Hopper

Some latest news from our good friend at MTP, there seems to be a new release by Tomix for new year (2016) March, and it rhymes with 'West Japan Commuter Trains'...

Don't know whether it is ok to post the photos here (of course credits will be given to staffs at MTP), or those who are following MTP on facebook might have seen them.

"Think along the lines of 22x series ~ "  :)

And i'm ordering them soonest when they are available! :)   

Aahhh yes. That's a more 'legitimate' source I would say?  Wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble for exposing secrets?  :P

広島地区新型電車227系新発売!
製品化決定
2016年3月発売予定
■98201 JR 227系近郊電車基本セット(3両) 13,400円+税
■98202 JR 227系近郊電車増結セット(3両) 9,200円+税
■98203 JR 227系近郊電車増結セット(2両) 7,000円+税
先頭車前面の転落防止幌を再現します
先頭部用と連結時用の2種を用意する予定です
JR西日本商品化許諾申請中

001002_2.jpg

001003_2.jpg

All Special models with 98xxx prefixes? Kinda strange for a commuter train set. Also the price seems to jack up a fair bit... A 3-car basic set costing near to 14,000 yen is quite a turn-off... It doesn't say HG so I reckon it wouldn't have TN couplers...What seems to jack up the prices....

• Like 1