Hobby Search

bill937ca

Kumo

I had an order with hs have this issue about 10 days ago. Appears they are having some issues with the paypal notices. I'm going to start checking the order status on the website more lik others have mentioned as that seems to be ready way in advance of the payment notice these days. Hs order turnaround seems to have slipped some from the old days where it would sometimes post the same day as the order, but that was with direct cc payment, not paypal where there may be a lag.

Has anyone used their new cc fulfillment?

Jeff

Its an intermediate service called Alert Pay.  There is a warning that come CC companies may treat the transaction as a cash advance.  I used it once.  You have to sign with HS and Alert Pay to use a CC now.

https://www.alertpay.com/en/Default.aspx

They are based in Montreal, PQ.

Some sellers think its a scam and hard to get money out of.

Kumo,

if you get a e-mail saying that this item is now in stock like below:

Dear (insert customers name ,

You can now place an order/pre-order for the item you have been waiting for.

[item Name]

The ordered item that you asked for

[item URL]

the url of that item that you have ordered

[store code]

what ever the code is that that item lol

[Waiting list registered day]

Released Date : mm/dd/yyyy

Please note that this mail only notifies you that the item can be

ordered/pre-ordered.

Please order the item on our site if you wish to purchase it.

Just log into your account user at HSJ na dthen go to payment request it is a lot quicker than waiting for a e-mail for payment request.

I'll second what linkey and the others have said: pay using the link on their page once you see the "in stock" email.  I've never failed to receive an "in stock" email, but the "pay now" notes have been erratic for many months now (they used to be reliable, but something changed).

I'll second what linkey and the others have said: pay using the link on their page once you see the "in stock" email.  I've never failed to receive an "in stock" email, but the "pay now" notes have been erratic for many months now (they used to be reliable, but something changed).

Thanks, I'll know this for the next time.

I double checked, the only mail I received was to apologize about the delay because the product was supposed to arrive in mid-September instead of late-September.

I'll see if the answer me on monday and it they don't I'll just pay for the one I was able to place yesterday. I'll just lose about 1500¥ because I won't have the preorder price but at least I'm pretty sure I can have my train! :-)

If you didn't get the "it's in stock now, we'll send the payment request shortly" email, then you have a different problem from the one I've see.  I've received the "schedule changed" emails a few times, but they delay between them and the "in stock" emaill can be weeks, and is variable.

I still have no news from them.

And I still can't see any PayPal button on my new order.

If I have to pay the non discounted price I'll do (it's about 1300¥ more) it but I certainly don't want to miss this baby!  :grin

Capture%20d’écran%202011-10-10%20à%2010.58.07.jpg

I too was about to say that HSJ is closed due to a public holiday. When you get to their rail homepage scroll down and to the bottom right hand side you have their calendar of when they will be closed. So you should get a response soon, as well I should be getting my Seibu series 101 (new color sceme) shipped out too. :)

I just had a mail from them.

They will cancel my new order and restore the old one.

Next time I'll check directly on my user menu when a new item is released.

I'll tell you when I will be able to pay this order but this story arrives to it's conclusion! :-)

It was just a bit frightening because of the long weekend.

Thanks everyone!  :cool:

Guest Closed Account 1

I just canceled an item that I reserved when there was only a sketch, no picture. They didn't scold me at all now that it's in stock.

However, the Paypal transaction resolved today for the other two items and I'm floored.  2 of each kato V52 and V53 just set me back a total of $680 shipped.  Um, I'm totally rethinking my two 6 foot tram ovals. Gonna become a better crowd pleaser with crossings.

Actually I once got away with canceling an order after it came into stock.. Because my CC on file was out of date LOL (back before they started taking Paypal). I am sure they're quite different now hahaha.

hobby search are getting slow and sloppy.

i paid for an order last wed morning 9am japan time after waiting from the thursday before for payment request.

still no shipped notice although i did get the thank you for payment message on saturday night.

hwjapan domain expired too :( worried it's not coming back now

Guest Closed Account 1

Yeah, I give them a day or two to send for payment request, one day for payment/shipment notice and now 4 business days for delivery. Sometimes the package goes from customs to Denver, and then back into customs. Duh. So waiting a week instead of 3 days is expected.  Something to watch for updates on the USPS app on the iPhone.

I haven't had that experience.  Once I pay, it generally ships by the end of the next business day (which can be over a weekend) and from ship to arrival (via EMS) is usually around 4-5 days (I've had things take a week, but not often).  I often pay on Friday or Saturday, see it ship on Monday, and receive the package on Saturday (assuming I remember to be home to sign for it).

They've been bad about sending the emails lately, but everything else has been working just like it did a year ago.

still no shipped notice although i did get the thank you for payment message on saturday night.

Machines can send emails and process payments but they still need a human to put your stuff in the boxes and ship it. Even if it's Japan, they don't work on sunday! ;-)

Machines can send emails and process payments but they still need a human to put your stuff in the boxes and ship it. Even if it's Japan, they don't work on sunday! ;-)

i think you missed my point that i paid on wednesday and they took 3 days to send thanks for payment.

Anyway just got the shipped notice now so almopst 2 weeks to process my order and ship it.

i think you missed my point that i paid on wednesday and they took 3 days to send thanks for payment.

Anyway just got the shipped notice now so almopst 2 weeks to process my payment and ship it.

this was for the canceled order, correct? that was probably in the 'special' box that took time to work its way through getting reprocessed.

I have noticed that hs is no longer shipping the same day or next after payment they use to do like a year or more ago. the last six months it seems it can take 2-5 days to get the payment email and then 2-4 days to get the shipped email. in the past it was w/in like 24 hrs of ordering/paying it was shipped. i assume the manual process of sending the payment request, then manually starting the packaging/shipping process after the payment is confirmed has just slowed things down a lot.

cheers

jeff

HS are still usually quicker than a large US online retailer who only bothers to go to the post office to send foreign orders once a week.

I have noticed that hs is no longer shipping the same day or next after payment they use to do like a year or more ago. the last six months it seems it can take 2-5 days to get the payment email and then 2-4 days to get the shipped email. in the past it was w/in like 24 hrs of ordering/paying it was shipped. i assume the manual process of sending the payment request, then manually starting the packaging/shipping process after the payment is confirmed has just slowed things down a lot.

There could be issues beyond HS`s control.  I assume the number of fights to Japan has decreased since the earthquake and meltdown. It always seemed HS shipped on certain days to international flights, particularly with EMS.

Martijn Meerts

I haven't really noticed any delays from HS actually. I receive payment requests at most 2 days after placing an order/items coming in stock, and after payment, things are usually shipped the next day.

Last package even only spent 4 days at local customs rather than the more usual 2.5 weeks ;)

There have been reports of HS is experiencing some delays in shipping items as well getting innodated with new stock coming through. I have had a delay messages but also lucky to e-mail them if I need extra time to pay up. (under 7 days)