Hobby Search

bill937ca

marknewton

They're etched kits - nickel silver is often used as an alternative to brass as material in the smaller scales.

Cheers,

Mark.

Another bargain for you

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10109905

I thought these where sold old - the Tomix limited edition 5-car Koki 107 set with the green containers and case. With the discount it works out to $15 per car, about the same as the regular cars would cost without the case. So price wise it's not a fantastic bargain, but it is a chance to get a set of 5 uniquely numbered cars with limited edition containers. I was very tempted to order. I still might be tempted.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10109905

I thought these where sold old - the Tomix limited edition 5-car Koki 107 set with the green containers and case. With the discount it works out to $15 per car, about the same as the regular cars would cost without the case. So price wise it's not a fantastic bargain, but it is a chance to get a set of 5 uniquely numbered cars with limited edition containers. I was very tempted to order. I still might be tempted.

Mwahahaha as of one minute ago, there's one less in inventory.  :grin

2011/6/16 Temporary Suspension and delays of shipment

We are currently required to stop shipment of packages to Canada,

due to Canada Post being on strike. We will resume the shipment of orders

to Canada once the postal service start accepting our packages again.

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2011/0616_02_en.html

Also, there are also delays with shipment to some countries such as Italy.

Please refer to the Japan Post website for more information.

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/delay_en.html

Thank you very much for your understanding and patience.

From the Japan Post page:

Japan Post Service is temporarily suspending acceptance of international postal items to Canada due to a postal strike. This suspension is effective from the date in the table below.

Destination Starting date of suspension

Canada June 17, 2011

For postal items already accepted and on the way to Canada, Japan Post Service will return them to the sender. The postage will be refunded to the sender, if desired.

Thank you for your understanding.

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2011/0616_02_en.html

Just logged onto HS and noticed that their bargain section is missing.  Mind you, the pickings had been slim in recent days anyway.

Cheers

The_Ghan

I think most was the stuff that is hard to move off the shelves.  Add-on sets where the basic set is sold out. Less popular Toyama tram colors. Expensive kits with limited fan interest.  Maybe they got an offer from a jobber.

most of the stuff on there for the last 4 months or so had just not moved at all it seemed and hardly any new stuff showing up. i expect bill is right, instead of fire saling it on their website the opted to just dish it off somewhere cheap to not be connected to it. some retailers hate to ever do fire sales to get rid of odd stuff as they think it gives them a bad stigma and upsets customers as other stuff is not on sale as well.

jeff

New shipments will be temporarily halted on July 1 (Japan time, GMT +9) as we take inventory. We apologize for the inconvenience.

only 1 day though thought i'd mention it.

Canadian postal service resumes tomorrow.  Legislated back to work. We'll see how long it is before Japan Post and HS resume shipments.

It's weird.. I think when their stock reaches a certain level and hasn't sold, they put up a limited number in the bargain section. I've seen stuff in the bargain section for a few days, then the same item is "restocked" at their regular prices. So not sure what's going with this and how they determine whether something goes into the bargain bin...

wow, i just noticed that you now can get a Release list (by date or manufacutrer), a manufacturer list, and a series list by using the pull down icon at the top of the model train section nav next to the model train Genre title! how long has that been there and i just over looked it?! very nice addition.

cheers

jeff

wow, i just noticed that you now can get a Release list (by date or manufacutrer), a manufacturer list, and a series list by using the pull down icon at the top of the model train section nav next to the model train Genre title! how long has that been there and i just over looked it?! very nice addition.

Its been there a very long time....... long enough to grow a beard to your. toes!!  :cool:

Have you noticed many items now have a "limited to xxx number of items per household" tag on them?