What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

5 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Oh WOW! You made me wanna search for this train too! IT looks GREAT!! Is that officially signed off by the author of the comic?

It's not actually signed, but tomix printed Matsumoto's signature on the bottom which was still pretty neat.

On other topics- got a box of upgrade bits from HS today.

50 more JC25's, some pantographs, some motors, and some lighting... although it turns out i ordered the wrong kato style lighting (the version without capacitors)- ...arrgh:
large.C640E5A6-A6AC-49D1-8A64-DC47D7E96192.jpeg.5bbe5450b63a070585a9dc3b12ba8507.jpeg

Also older Kato building and station area road plate kit arrived right after that:

large.0B32122F-B111-44F5-B425-590E6AF1B3E8.jpeg.931a5d598b7dd03cbfe3747de6d2374b.jpeg

Edited by defor
  • Like 9
On 1/27/2020 at 6:02 PM, Welshbloke said:

I think it was PU 5, unfortunately now I check again I can't see any. I'm not sure how it differs from PU 3 but there must be something or Bandai wouldn't have given it a new part number. The Kato 4w chassis are gaining the new coreless motor so will be better than the Bandai 4w ones.

Hobbysearch have a feature to notify you if PU 5 comes back into stock which may be worth signing up to, it just emails you if they have them. They seem to ferret new stock out from somewhere occasionally.

Yes, I've used that notify function on 1999 a lot over the years.  I've just set it up for the PU 5 and PU 3.  Having completed my inventory of recent train acquisitions and motors on hand, I've just put in a backorder with HLJ for 4 more PU 3 (they seem to think they might be able to get those).

Thanks to this forum, I discovered Buyee; grumble, grumble, thanks a lot folks, that one cost me!  For a few weeks they had a coupon to cover the ¥300 Yahoo Auction Japan fee for using Buyee.  That was a great time to bid on lots of small items.  Also added a few from Amazon Japan marketplace.  The big carton of cartons arrived today with lots of goodies for Ibaraki Shorty: freight, buses,  plus a nice quarter round office tower to go next to Mito Station.

Scored a Shorty kokifu set at a good price that was too cute to pass up, also a pair of 11 Piki No Neko wrapping buses that will be visiting on a good will tour from Nanbu.

BuyeeCarton29Jan2020.JPG

BuyeeHaul29Jan2020.jpeg

BuyeeBuses29Jan2020.jpeg

Edited by Cat
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Wow! Now time for the 12 step program! Bummer they didn’t reboxed, half the shipping was for those extra boxes.

jeff

At 1500¥ per box re-packing fee, that would have totalled 22,500¥, eeks.  Even as-is the shipping was 'only' 1,000¥ for them to put it all in one box and 6,600¥ for the shipping.  So, repacking would have cost quite a bit more in the end.  But dang, those big Amazon boxes only had one small item each, grr.

On  the plus side, the total cost for each item was still much less than going through EBay for the ones that do pop up there.  A little better or on a par with items in stock at HLJ or 1999.

Edited by Cat

Um? Isnt it jusy 1500 yen per rebox? Doesnt matter how many boxes go into the new box. But all have to be select at same time. Then recalculate shipping? I havent used buyee in forever. So it may have changed since.

Edited by katoftw
4 hours ago, katoftw said:

Um? Isnt it jusy 1500 yen per rebox? Doesnt matter how many boxes go into the new box. But all have to be select at same time. Then recalculate shipping? I havent used buyee in forever. So it may have changed since.

The fees were clear that for consolidation it was 500¥ for just 2 packages, and 1,000¥ for three or more as long as they are all consolidated at once.

For re-packaging, I read it as 1,500¥ for each smaller package involved, but perhaps it might be just once for the bigger consolidated box?  There is conflicting 'one time charge' and 'per box' clauses.
"There is a one-time charge of 1,500 yen for use of the Protective Packaging Service.
Regardless of being consolidated or not, the service fee will be 1,500JPY per box."

Re-packaging also involves their Protective Packaging, so I presumed that would add more bulky padding, etc.  So, I'm not sure if in the end it would have saved some or cost more.  Anyone else have experience with this?

I haven't used Buyee but you may also want to look at Zenmarket.  I used it a year ago to get a bunch of stuff and at the time the fees were less than what Buyee was saying.   Have not looked since.

• Thanks 1

Buyee’s auction fee is now a flat 300 JPY fee. When having to consolidate several packages I would indeed recommend to use another proxy. Otherwise, I appreciate not having to “pay” in advance the items but only when the auction is won.

On another note, morning pickup at the local post office. A little addition to my Niigata fleet, the 165 Series (the M3 unit I think) in its specific Moonlight Echigo livery.

4CE86537-EBB1-4217-8473-068438090CE3.thumb.jpeg.262d486e9f57e75a30e639d44737352b.jpeg

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 8
5 hours ago, disturbman said:

Buyee’s auction fee is now a flat 300 JPY fee. When having to consolidate several packages I would indeed recommend to use another proxy. Otherwise, I appreciate not having to “pay” in advance the items but only when the auction is won.

The New Year coupon for covering that 300¥ fee per auction won was the incentive to jump in with them for our spree.  I'll definitely take a look at Zenmarket if the urge to go bidding for more strikes.

Tomix C61 20 arrived from HS. I cannot remember whether the first release can with the numbers fitted all ready as with previous Tomix steam locos. 
This one has the sprue of numbers to fit so gives the opportunity to re-number the loco.

Hopefully, Revolution Factory will issue a set of C61 numbers in the future.

Malcolm

On 1/21/2020 at 6:11 PM, defor said:

A really small shipment arrived today, after getting delivered to the wrong address!
Tomix "Furusato Ginga Line 999" (sold as new, looks lightly used, but runs fine and I'm not worried as it's a rather old model)

large.59C961D6-6F47-47E6-8501-1EA381845A52.jpeg.f08d7c9136cb6ff42cbc08f9d741c5e0.jpeg

Oh man I just added something to my want list, JR East runs to Hokkaido so I'm not really breaking any rules...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Winter Carnival presents continue to arrive here in Boston — today's post brought the big package from Hobby Search.

With a solid sampling of Tomix track in hand, we can now proceed with layout planning the proper analog way!

A couple of more Ibaraki buses; the 3rd set of Girls und Panzer wrapping cars for Kashima Rinkai; the KiHa52 are the closest Shorty approximation of the KiHa units currently running on the Hitachinaka Kaihin, they just need a bit of repainting.

1999HaulJan2020.JPG

• Like 7

Arrived today! 49 pieces of viaduct track and concrete slab track from an n scale group. This is my second large lot of viaduct track. I bought another lot a couple of years ago on a certain auction site. 😊

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.beee1aa7d818d293be59f24ad5a3a5db.jpg

• Like 8
16 hours ago, nah00 said:

Oh man I just added something to my want list, JR East runs to Hokkaido so I'm not really breaking any rules...

Rules are meant to be broken!  😛

I have broken so many over the years ….   X_X

A long overdue trawl of the Akihabara junk bins:

480px-junk-2020-01.jpg

The Kato book cases are empty, but will provide the (more-or-less) correct home for stock currently in temporary accommodation.

The locomotives (a Tomix ED61 and ED75) were surprising bargains, both modern models with flywheel motors, cab detailing etc. (normally at those prices you'd get something with a spring worm drive and blacked-out cabs). Nothing wrong with either apart from minor detailing issues.

• Like 8
On 1/28/2020 at 12:27 PM, defor said:

On other topics- got a box of upgrade bits from HS today.

50 more JC25's, some pantographs, some motors, and some lighting... although it turns out i ordered the wrong kato style lighting (the version without capacitors)- ...arrgh:
large.C640E5A6-A6AC-49D1-8A64-DC47D7E96192.jpeg.5bbe5450b63a070585a9dc3b12ba8507.jpeg

Nice New Game! mousepad BTW. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nothing too exciting just a small care package of track which my gorgeous step daughter brought back from Osaka tonight. But l learnt there is another coming by sea - in a few months! and it's probably got wheels. 

No pics as my phone smallest pic size is 2.6mp

On 1/31/2020 at 7:21 PM, Jimbo said:

Items got here yesterday!! tanks are a bit bland but that's what paint is for!!

IMG_0230.JPG

This building is a Tomix item isn't it?  I was interested in getting it some years ago but I thought it was out of production or something.  What's the part number?

On 1/31/2020 at 8:31 AM, railsquid said:

A long overdue trawl of the Akihabara junk bins:

Is this a train store or stores in the Akihibara area? I searched and couldn't find a specific train store.

18 minutes ago, deathletter said:

Is this a train store or stores in the Akihibara area? I searched and couldn't find a specific train store.

There are a number of 2nd hand train stores in Akihabara which have "junk" sections, mainly rolling stock which is unboxed (particularly locos) or not in good enough condition to sell as boxed sets (so split up and all parts sold individually), ranging from somebody's badly painted amateur kitbuilding attempt for a few hundred yen to relatively rare items which can go for a few thousand yen. Stores I mainly "patrol" are Hobbyland Pochi 1 ~ 3, Poppondetta, and Liberty.

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, railsquid said:

4225: https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/n/4225.html

4025: https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/n/4025.html

Pretty sure I've seen these around in the shops recently.

Like most of these "long sellers" they get produced in batches.

And when the Tomix kits get re-released, they tend to be in a different colour and get a different product number.

So Hobby Search will show 4025 as 'Sold Out', and with no automatic reference to the new code 4225 when it arrives.  So alackaday, signing up for 'Notify when available' doesn't help at all when the code is changed; you just have to keep a weather eye on the new product announcements.

I got one of the grey ones several years ago, it is a lovely building.

Edited by Cat
  • Like 1