What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

@cteno4

as far as I know eBay purchases are only covered when a registered shipping method is used. Otherwise you only need (as a seller) proof that it is shipped (e.g. a receipt of acceptance) and if it doesn’t arrive, that’s tough luck on the buyer. At least that’s how it works with German PayPal/EBay, and that’s the reason most eBay sellers refuse to ship items without tracking, since a customer can always claim he didn’t receive it and get free money with no recourse. 

Edited by Yavianice

With ebay.com they have the buyer protection plan and they don’t list any restriction that it needs to be registered shipping in order to get the item. You just contact the seller to say you have not received the item and if they don’t refund you start a request with ebay and they will refund if there is no tracking to show it was delivered you get a refund. I’ve had a few go poof from China and elsewhere over the years that were untracked and always refunded.

jeff

received today from Hobby link black Friday sale. Really pleased with the prices. NZ Goverment has started on Dec 1st to request 15% GST collection from overseas retailers for any items under $1000. This was shipped on the 2nd Dec, but no mention of GST payment from HobbyLink

Train Collection: Narrow Gauge 80 Tomibetsu Kani Kido Diesel Locomotive + Traction Car Set

Qty: 1

Price: NZ$35.02 NZD

TM-TR02 Power Unit For 2-axis Electric Car

Price: NZ$30.65 NZD

Motion Unit Pocket Line for Smal Passenger Car

Price: NZ$8.76 NZD

U20A Container (Nissan/3pcs)

Price: NZ$6.64 NZD

• Like 1
11 hours ago, katoftw said:

Good price if new

yes seller bought thinking it would work for what he was building an ,,, well  not so much, an went a different way,  I bought a EF81 from him this summer, which was lightly used, it runs great!

In my experience PayPal is pretty buyer friendly when it comes to missing items.   Since most of the time PayPal is used on eBay, that is a backup to the eBay policy.  Final line of defense is your credit card issuer (if you used a CC).  They tend to side with the card holder on items not received unless there is a signature (ask me how I know as a [non eBay] seller).

Hello Guys,

2 packages have been delivered. I bought the Cleaning Car with Lok  on ebay. The second package was my 20x order from Hobbysearch (which then earned over 9600 points  😄 ). Now I have all 4 train sets together.

20191218_110352.jpg

20191218_133744.jpg

20191218_134331.jpg

• Like 13
10 hours ago, beakaboy said:

NZ Goverment has started on Dec 1st to request 15% GST collection from overseas retailers

I got in early and bought what I could - hopefully I do  not need to buy things for a couple of years. 
I kept telling my wife "I just saved us another 15%" but I dont think she appreciated my attempts to cut back on our essential spending!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

EF66 Its New!!  good deal for 35 bucks!!   Im going to badge this one  so need to figure out the  newer models,  Thanks Oh an I reset the settings on my camera   works better now!

IMG_0211.JPG

• Like 8
On 12/18/2019 at 7:31 AM, shiniji said:

20191218_134331.jpg

I really love those boxes!  Now I'm tempted to get the tomix version of those models solely for that display...

• Like 4

Ugh, the boxes are great and I’m a sucker for the 485 and amazon had it for almost half price and $20 DHL shipping. It was just screaming buy me... my xmas present!

jeff

• Haha 2

In the not to distant past, I received the freight lot below. I am a sucker for the 6 axle tank cars and I got this lot at a good price on a certain auction site.  I should also add that I am a sucker for Esso tank cars.😀

10 jnr.jpg

Edited by deathletter
  • Like 7

A few gifties for myself this festive season: bright green foliage, the train repair plant, some pantographs for an experiment in loco modification, and a second pair of Koki 104’s in the darker blue, because any time I get something container-related that I really like, it makes sense to get another. 

4A0C9412-169F-4364-91A6-2722F5B1D772.thumb.jpeg.c303a9b5d61cf28cf2782fa17fb10268.jpeg

• Like 10

What better way to celebrate the passing of the winter solstice etcetera than to round off my collection of Azusas:

49277944291_7557b72da5_z.jpg

Kato 181-100 series "Azusa" by Rail Squid, on Flickr

New (well they've been sitting on the shelf unloved at Yodobashi Camera for a couple of years) so no chance of surprise interior lighting. However I need to do something about the high-intensity headboard lighting, which at anything above minimal voltage would, in real life, cast shadows on station platforms kilometres in front of the train.

• Like 9
On 12/26/2019 at 8:17 AM, railsquid said:

However I need to do something about the high-intensity headboard lighting, which at anything above minimal voltage would, in real life, cast shadows on station platforms kilometres in front of the train.

I have the same complaint, it's the only time I miss the older bulbs that gave that nice warm light. 

10 minutes ago, nah00 said:

I have the same complaint, it's the only time I miss the older bulbs that gave that nice warm light. 

I had a similar problem on an old 183 series when upgrading it to LEDs, solved by adding a strip of white plasticard behind the headboard. Haven't checked with this, but I think there might be space behind the headboard on these to squeeze something in. Will have to experiment.

One problem I do have on older Tomix trains (my 381 series especially) is that the diffusers for the lights and head mark light very unevenly since the bulb is on one side. I wonder if using silver permanent maker on it will correct that, I tried painting it but it just made it more dim. 

Purchased M2 Unitrack set and the 4-car E351 set which was on sale from Traintrax UK. A bit of self-medicating retail therapy to help cope with the news that we've been rejected by the JET programme. 😞

Like I really needed another E233 but I love fully painted or wrapped modern trains - it's a nice break from the stainless steel with a stripe. 

IMG_4138.thumb.jpg.a3b75b3150d50feed42b16b02b71f6ad.jpgIMG_4139.thumb.jpg.5fa4eb6c66db509119e018b2b817d1c0.jpg

• Like 13

Think of it as helping to reduce overcrowding for the commuters on your layout.

As will this MicroAce E231-800 series:

49273760771_1b73ed7956_z.jpg

MicroAce E231-800 series by Rail Squid, on Flickr

acquired (as always) at a knockdown price due to the general state of the set, which looked like it might be genuine junk, though worth a punt as it came with reusable Tomix TN couplers and in the worst case the case would be useful and the rest would provide a useful source of MicroAce spare parts. As it turned out, one car is beyond economical redemption (scratched lining/numbering, underframe details victim of a bad glue job), the rest is OK beyond the usual MicroAce issues (growly motor, overly bright destination box) and nothing which can't be fixed. A replacement for the damaged car has been sourced.

• Like 11