What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

the Y-DC125 also came with the extra bogie covers.  So the normal 600 Otsu may have been missing its?

Do the sets normally come with or without the bogie covers?  I know the motor units do.

Just got a package from the last HS bargain sale, 28 days SAL, so they seem to be taking longer these days to the U.S. hopefully it's been the weather and not a trend...

Got a set of the small kato container forklifts. Nicely detailed and a big improvement on the old tomix ones!

Got the permil suburban store also. Bit disappointed in the permil as they are just painted high density white cardboard that is laster cut. It's not as nice as the high quality precolored chipboard that sankei uses, it's much stiffer and harder and no edge coloring is needed. The boards are already a bit warped on this larger structure out of the package, it's definitely going to need some internal bracing to hold up. Also going to need coloring to the edges because of this. It was also missing any clear acetate for the windows, don't know if it comes with it or not. It's nice that permil is doing larger structures, but with the cheaper material they will need bracing for the long run.

Cheers,

Jeff

Somewhat O.T. - N gauge, but not Japanese

I just received a "pre-owned" Arnold Wismar railbus, AKA Schweineschnäuzchen (pig's snout).  I have this in other scales, and only recently discovered that it had been made in N scale.  I've seen it on German eBay, but most of those sellers will not ship outside the EuroZone, and specifically not to the U.S.  I wasn't actively looking for one, but stumbled across this at something called N-Scale division, whose prices are otherwise high. 

I don't know what year this was produced, but I was pleasantly surprised by the smoothness and quietness of the drive - no doubt helped by the heavy metal chassis, and it handled Tomix R103 curves with ease.  I'm disappointed that the windows are frosted, as all the drive components are below the window-line.  The roof-rack should be a cage, but I guess this is a sacrifice to the scale - I will need to add some luggage, etc.  Maybe a caged chicken going to market?  Many had small racks below the hood cowls to carry bicycles.

gallery_941_135_86573.jpg

gallery_941_135_91746.jpg

Darn it, I've just gone and jumped down the Tomytec Train Collection rabbit hole haven't I?  I'd been avoiding these because my impression was that they look very toylike, but I was browsing in retail therapy mode when I noticed the Choshi Dentetsu 1000-keis, which were mentioned here recently, so why not? One thing led to another and I decided to experiment with motorising these things, unfortunately I couldn't find the right chassis/wheels for these so ended up getting the Kokutetsu 42-kei on the left-hand side, which was the only thing that appealed to me (I'm a sucker for old EMUs) and for which the parts were available.

post-1206-0-23061800-1426310408_thumb.jpg

The 1000-keis do look very toy-like but can probably be improved. The 42-kei bodies look surprisingly good, once I'd replaced wheels/chassis and added the weight to the trailer, it looks and feels like a pretty decent model. I'll definitely need to fit a proper pantograph, and I'd like to use it as a test-bed for adding front/tail lights. The only downside is the way the motor is visible above the line of the windows; I guess the modular nature of the underfloor fittings make it difficult to create a generic chassis with the motor lower down.

Got quite an interesting delivery yesterday all from MA, yet again from my new secret source. After discovering this source I really upsized my MA fleet by quite a large amount, bringing it close to the number of train sets I have from Tomix! 

E231-800 commuter train 6-car basic set

Tobu 200 series Ryomo Single-arm pantograph 6-car set

Series 115-800 Shonan Colour 4-car set

Series 115-300 Konpira colur 3-car set

Series 455 Special JAM event training car 3-car set

post-819-0-22570200-1426391763_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-82753600-1426391768_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-57082900-1426391770_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-53929900-1426391772_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-61154300-1426391774_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-59086200-1426391776_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-58632600-1426391778_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-60357300-1426391780_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-62997700-1426391782_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-24387600-1426391869_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-48973600-1426391875_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-92196400-1426391880_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-63884300-1426391886_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-99918100-1426391891_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-45073500-1426391897_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-28828600-1426391899_thumb.jpg

Edited by JR500 のぞみ
  • Like 1
enodenlover

Friday brought another nice package from Hobby Search: a purple Keifuku "Randen" tram from Modemo, a Kato post office, rural railroad crossings and a couple of background "mountains" from Tomytec, single track catenary poles from TGW, and a few other minor things I can't think of right now. I've got to stop ordering so much stuff, I'm starting to suffer from a bad case of "The Incredible Shrinking Tax Refund".

• Like 1

Got quite an interesting delivery yesterday all from MA, yet again from my new secret source. After discovering this source I really upsized my MA fleet by quite a large amount, bringing it close to the number of train sets I have from Tomix! 

What's with the strange packaging? Where have the standard MA blue boxes gone to?

Very nice.  I especially like the 455 series for crew training; the oddballs always appeal to me :)

That one is really weird, and I reckon I needed a training car hence I got it. Really love the wordings at the sides 訓練.

What's with the strange packaging? Where have the standard MA blue boxes gone to?

Very good question, something which I am trying hard to find out too. My only institution is that they were stolen or smuggled out of the MA factory in China, or defective items that didn't pass the QC checks. They are by all means NEW and I checked the tyres and all, lights are also working really well like new... Only the urethane and the boxes are missing...

So not letting us in on your it fell off of da back of da truck source?! Do you have to meet up in shady chat rooms to strike a deal? ;-p

Could it be a collector who for some odd reason ditched the boxes? I've picked up a couple of sets like this on ebay, appeared to be new or like new but the box and all its other stuff was gone. Us sellers so just figured they misplaced the box at some point.

Jeff

So not letting us in on your it fell off of da back of da truck source?! Do you have to meet up in shady chat rooms to strike a deal? ;-p

Could it be a collector who for some odd reason ditched the boxes? I've picked up a couple of sets like this on ebay, appeared to be new or like new but the box and all its other stuff was gone. Us sellers so just figured they misplaced the box at some point.

Jeff

Haha ~

Not exactly not exposing the source, but it's kinda complicated. It's a China source, so the web site is all written in Chinese. I'm not sure if they will deliver to Australia or the US, but I need to use a forwarder service too in order to send the items here to Singapore.  

I can reveal the source but need to be proficient in Chinese to use the web site. Interested personal can PM me to let me know or I can just post the web site here.

It's a nice source for cheap, new and rare MA models, but no cases. Also no returns allowed. But I'm not complaining cause the price I paid for them is unbelievable!   :) 

A small parcel from loco1hobby arrived this morning,

A 10-891 Yamanote line 4 car add on set (Enough to make an 8 car set) and

A 10-572 E531 Joban line 2 car add on set. (The beginnings of the 10 car set)

post-921-0-01631100-1426560242_thumb.jpg

enodenlover

Today brought a Toden type 7000 tram ( cream w/green stripes ) from Plaza Japan and a Kato bus terminal from Hobby Search.

Guest keio6000

could not believe my good luck today.

found from an ebay seller in china who sells "factory seconds" from microace an 8-car tokyo metro fukutoshin line 7000-series set for $58 + $20 postage.  needless to say, i bought it instantly :).

This is one of those weird models where microace made the 7000 in both the yurakucho (mustard yellow) and fukushin (brown and yellow stripe) schemes and where the yurakucho one was heavily discounted the fukutoshin one quickly sold out and then became very very rare on the aftermarket.  i havent looked specifically, but i seem to recall this set fetching 30,000 - 40,000 yen normally these days.

So, I'm very happy as I never thought I'd see this set.  What's more, the "QA issues", at least from the photos, appear to be minimal.  fingers crossed.   I have the superb kato fuutoshin 10000 set too and this will make a great partner for it.

080724_fukutoshinsen15.jpg?d=a1

Welcome to the club keio6000!

It is about the same seller from China where I got my tissue wrapped trains, but not the same seller. They seem to carry the same sources so I reckon the sets will be quite ok. There's another forum member here too who got these sets and his were quite ok too. If you don't mind no cases they're quite ok ~ The rareness and the price really cant complain much!  :)

box of clearance items from Hobby Link Japan showed up after 6 weeks in SAL today! I had forgotten totally about the box, guess thats the up side to the long SAL times now to the US, you get a nice surprise at the mail box!

got a pile of various prohobby etched metal fences, another microace spa for kitbashing, and a Keihan Type 600 `Patoden` Wrapping Train Miku Tanabe. 

jeff

These 'factory seconds' is one of the main reasons microace has problems delivering new trains. Why bother if they get 'sold' before they get any money for it? Reminds me of a Lego seller from Poland who besides the heap of cheap new bricks had some lightly used warehouse storage bins that only the Lego company use in the automated warehouses. (to put it other way, would you buy a car if it was 'factory second' right off the assembly line?)

I just scored a Tomix E1 "Max", original paint, off eBay.  I got sets 92059 and 92060, that contain a total of 8 cars, from the 12 car prototype set.  It appears Tomix never offered the remaining 4 cars as a set, only as individual cars (#s 2843, 2844, 2845, and 2847). 

Anyone have any idea how I can complete the collection, sometime this century?

Once the new Tomix 200 series comes out, I'll only need those cars to have every "Bullet Train" I want (0, 100 "Grand Hikari", 200, 400, 500, and E1).  Now I just need to install DCC in all of them.  :BangHead:  :angryfire: 

• Like 1

(to put it other way, would you buy a car if it was 'factory second' right off the assembly line?)

Well, that will depend how much it is sold for~  :) 

I just scored a Tomix E1 "Max", original paint, off eBay.  I got sets 92059 and 92060, that contain a total of 8 cars, from the 12 car prototype set.  It appears Tomix never offered the remaining 4 cars as a set, only as individual cars (#s 2843, 2844, 2845, and 2847). 

Anyone have any idea how I can complete the collection, sometime this century?

Once the new Tomix 200 series comes out, I'll only need those cars to have every "Bullet Train" I want (0, 100 "Grand Hikari", 200, 400, 500, and E1).  Now I just need to install DCC in all of them.  :BangHead:  :angryfire:

That's amazing! I just scored a Tomix E1 Max Old painting too, but in a 4 car basic set 92059 and I think 2 of the 92060 or either 2 from the four individual car sets, cant be too sure until I inspect them when they arrive. Only having 6-cars in total and only 1 pantograph, my E1 set is very prototypically wrong, but it costs way too much for the wallet to bear to make it longer as the individual carriages are VERY hard to find and probably Yahoo Auctions are the best bet that will not be cheap...

Guest keio6000

These 'factory seconds' is one of the main reasons microace has problems delivering new trains.

i'm willing to be proven wrong, but unless you have any actual evidence for that assertion i'm going to call "bollocks" on it.  there's no indication at all that the practice is either wrong or widespread - the seller that i bought from clearly indicated that he had one of each only and went out of his way to point out flaws.   the prices he charges are not considerably less than what you can get the same models for (except for special cases like my 7000) in used train shops or online auctions in japan which is why the chinese sellers are selling to english speaking audiences elsewhere.  it's fair to say that microace train sales outside of japan account for probably less than 1 or 2% of their total sales.

I just scored a Tomix E1 "Max", original paint, off eBay.  I got sets 92059 and 92060, that contain a total of 8 cars, from the 12 car prototype set.

I'm sure we'd all like some pics when it arrives :)

I'm sure we'd all like some pics when it arrives :)

Yeah, I'd kinda like to see that myself...  wait!  I have an iPad and a whole lot of free time :P

post-2520-0-42516800-1426883761_thumb.png

post-2520-0-86011200-1426883759_thumb.png

I pulled out the "plugs" from the foam inserts, and placed the cars in their proper consist locations.  The holes will remind me to check Buyee every once in a while to try to fill them.

Edited by Atomsk

"James the Red Engine" by Tomix, marked as a non-runner, 1080 yen  minus 10% general sale discount

post-1206-0-99458800-1426908162_thumb.jpg

Motor runs fine, I got him running; problem is the connection between motor and flywheel which is prone to coming loose. I think this can be permanently fixed somehow.

• Like 1