Perpetual JR Aizu Wakamatsu Screen Shot Thread

Guest ___

Ok, if this all goes to plan, expect to see me on this webcam some time around 1:31pm on the 27th of June, 2009.

I'll then be loitering until the Aizu Liner takes me to Koriyama (first leg of train hopping to Toyama)

Ok ill see if i can stay up and record you! what is going to be the secret gesture so we know who you are in the shot? jump up and down like a monkey? wear a 10gal texan hat? samurai suit? make it good you will be being broadcast world wide!

have a great trip, would love to do a visit like that, find a nice bench and sit through a day watching to see if its like watching on the cam!

cheers

jeff

Yeah it figured, I was climbing over a split rail fence with Captain O'Mally, USCG CO of Sector Baltimore. That was an adventure for the books. Still, I'd've given up on that chance to see and capture that screen shot of the steamer. Murphy's law. Still, glad you caught it. I DL'ed it to the master achieve. This thread is going to serve two different purposes when I finish with it in a few weeks. I saw the back end of another train, doubt there's a screen shot of that floating around is there? #152, second video, old passenger coach?

thats the back end of the steam, i assume the same one coming from the other direction, came up from the left then backed into the left siding. it came in sat at like 15:45 sat japan time.

here ya go

should add all these to the waka wiki showing all the different trains that can show up at wakamatsu.

cheers,

jeff

Thx for the image catch, Jeff.

Ok, if this all goes to plan, expect to see me on this webcam some time around 1:31pm on the 27th of June, 2009.

I'll then be loitering until the Aizu Liner takes me to Koriyama (first leg of train hopping to Toyama)

1331 on 27.JUNE Is it safe to say that will be Jp time?

Thanks , i have been looking for webcam in Japanese stations, do you have more links to other stations ??

domino

Domino

heres the page for the fukushima webcams (of which wakamatsu is one). some other interesting ones, but none quite as charming at waka.

http://www.nttfukushima.com/

cheers

jeff

Thanks.

Not many off them works, by the way ??

Domino

I had them all up Friday and only this one was down. I  think a lot depends on how the system is working as these are all tied in to the National traffic camera monitoring system. (Info comes from my buddy Kensuke whose father is a senior NTT engineer)

Yes, definately... I'll be arriving on the SL Banetsu and then taking the Aizu Liner... so I get to loiter for an hour.

Yes, definately... I'll be arriving on the SL Banetsu and then taking the Aizu Liner... so I get to loiter for an hour.

Excellent make sure to do a little dance or something, maybe the Curly Shuffle for the camera  ;D

Ill try and grab the video. if you wind up with cell phone service at a reasonable overseas rate i can give you a number to ring when you are going to get there to ping me to make sure we get you immortalized at waka!

cheers

jeff

Martijn Meerts

Ill try and grab the video. if you wind up with cell phone service at a reasonable overseas rate i can give you a number to ring when you are going to get there to ping me to make sure we get you immortalized at waka!

cheers

jeff

He should just bring a large flag with the JNS Forum logo and URL on it, pretty sure that'll get noticed =)

cheers

jeff

He should just bring a large flag with the JNS Forum logo and URL on it, pretty sure that'll get noticed =)

That would be great. We need the flag.