Perpetual JR Aizu Wakamatsu Screen Shot Thread

Guest ___

Anyone notice the group of girls on Platform 2 who stopped pointed and then laughed at the camera earlier today?

Well, I'm gone for the weekend. This is my Coast Guard Aux weekend. If anyone sees anything interesting like a steam engine on track 3 here, a 0-series shinkansen or a 75 year old man dressed as Lum Invader running around the tracks, post a screen shot (with the time).

for those of you that are too easily bored to watch waka all day...

and for aaron, the steam pulled in! either some loud generators on the cars or a diesel helper up there. too bad it backs in!

good thing there are terabyte drives laying around... not bad at grabbing at about 200mb/hr...

cheers,

jeff

From what I understand, yes there is another platform to the left, off-camera.

And, sure enough, I fire up the webcam, and there's Akabei again!

BTW, for those who don't know what all this is about:

JR Aizu Wakamatsu station on the West Banetsu line has an awesome webcam:

http://www.nttfukushima.com/live/jr_aizu/Default.html

Sometimes you can find great trains here, like the steam-hauled Banetsu Monogatari.

More on the station

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aizu_Wakamatsu_Station

Thanks , i have been looking for webcam in Japanese stations, do you have more links to other stations ??

domino

Thanks , i have been looking for webcam in Japanese stations, do you have more links to other stations ??

domino

Domino

heres the page for the fukushima webcams (of which wakamatsu is one). some other interesting ones, but none quite as charming at waka.

http://www.nttfukushima.com/

cheers

jeff

Wooo Hoooo. just happened to have been recording and look what showed up going in head first! the video is crunching now down to a 10 min piece for youtube wakamatsumania. ill post it once its crunched and up. 1:30pm japan time

cheers

jeff

post-25-13569922731983_thumb.jpg

I knew they'd run that damn stream train the one day I'm in uniform and on the other side of the Chesapeake.

Aaron,

sorry i knew you would groan when you saw that... Figured you must be out if it showed up like that, Mr Murphy clearing his throat and all.

I have the full res video dump if you want to see it in full beauty. Since it came in butt end later in the day sat, i wondered if maybe it came in head end earlier in the day so put vlc to recording and then it just pulled in while i was sitting there closing up shop for the night so i got to watch it live and was figuring that vlc would crash before i hit stop at the end and the file was closed out (vlc tends to puke after a few hours of higher def encoding), but it made it!

It was the first time i ever got to see it all these years! i suspect its because it may only come into the cam platforms on weekends and maybe only special run weekends and i tend not to watch the wakacam ever much late friday or sat nights.

anyhow it was a treat! want to soap up a few of the whistle blasts, figure they would make a nice ring tone!

did you like the Koyaanisqatsi waka clip? might do it for a full day when i get some time to play in the summer. fun with the clouds going over head and the light changing. would need to put it to glass though!

cheers

jeff

Yeah it figured, I was climbing over a split rail fence with Captain O'Mally, USCG CO of Sector Baltimore. That was an adventure for the books. Still, I'd've given up on that chance to see and capture that screen shot of the steamer. Murphy's law. Still, glad you caught it. I DL'ed it to the master achieve. This thread is going to serve two different purposes when I finish with it in a few weeks. I saw the back end of another train, doubt there's a screen shot of that floating around is there? #152, second video, old passenger coach?

Yeah it figured, I was climbing over a split rail fence with Captain O'Mally, USCG CO of Sector Baltimore. That was an adventure for the books. Still, I'd've given up on that chance to see and capture that screen shot of the steamer. Murphy's law. Still, glad you caught it. I DL'ed it to the master achieve. This thread is going to serve two different purposes when I finish with it in a few weeks. I saw the back end of another train, doubt there's a screen shot of that floating around is there? #152, second video, old passenger coach?

thats the back end of the steam, i assume the same one coming from the other direction, came up from the left then backed into the left siding. it came in sat at like 15:45 sat japan time.

here ya go

should add all these to the waka wiki showing all the different trains that can show up at wakamatsu.

cheers,

jeff

post-25-13569922732437_thumb.jpg