Suburban Stuff

Claude_Dreyfus

Claude_Dreyfus

First the Bullet thread, and now a Limited Express thread....poor old suburban stock is getting left out. :(

To redress the balance, the Dreyfus suburban fleet is out for inspection....

Again all this stuff is from the Tokyo area...no prizes for guessing were our club layout is set  ;D

post-141-13569922536049_thumb.jpeg

I love the suburban stuff!!

I have nothing in my collection so far except for a station platform and ticket office! :-\

That will soon change.  ;)

Embarassing to have to ask this, but--would my JR (or JNR by paint scheme, I think) 115 fit in this category? (If so, I need to get a better picture of it.)

Sushi Train

I like sub trains won't buy any, i don't like urban layouts and mine will be country/rural so won't look good with a tokyo sub line train.

Sushi Train

I like sub trains won't buy any, i don't like urban layouts and mine will be country/rural so won't look good with a tokyo sub line train.

saying that, i just got off the phone with a friend who wants to sell me his Yamanote line Correction Kato E231 10-471 10-473 10-472 full set including the 2 double decker cars for 150 never been used. I'll have to think about it  :o

LOL! just found this pic! priceless!!

ss_ds_yamanote.jpg

CaptOblivious

Urm…trains onthe Yamanote line don't use the double-decker cars…those are reservered for the longer-distance outer suburban lines (Joban, Takasaki, Shinjuku, etc.)

Sushi Train

whoops, yes, I was thinking one thing and describing another  :-X

rest assured, I will let it happen again  ::)

It's a Kato E231, im not that familiar with suburban trains.

why the heck I said Yamanote is beyond me, forgiveness please.

CaptOblivious

Doesn't matter what it is; Alpine is right: That's a great price for a full train. Post pics when you've got it!

They should come up with some sort of double deck system though. Just think of the amount of people even on the Yamanote Line you could move if you could nearly double capacity per train.

Sushi Train

They should come up with some sort of double deck system though. Just think of the amount of people even on the Yamanote Line you could move if you could nearly double capacity per train.

Kind of like the Tangara in Sydney

alpineaustralia

Im not sure I would ever mention Sydney's train service in the same breath as Tokyo's (or Paris's for that matter).

Sushi Train

Im not sure I would ever mention Sydney's train service in the same breath as Tokyo's (or Paris's for that matter).

i just did and i stand by my stupidity  :-X

Sushi Train

Thats because you are not from Sydney and dont have to catch these trains every day.

Well when we live in a society where everyone thinks only about themselves and not the big picture it's bound to happen.

Sushi Train

Sunday in the states, all at church? Easter? Anyway, to my above post, I guess that's why I love Japan so much, yes they have social problems but at least its not in your face all the time, I would love to live in an organised, civil, polite and friendly country. Man, I have to get off my rump and learn Japanese.

SubwayHypes

i LOVE the suburban and urban lines, commuters i call them!

I have the e531, e217, and Tozai Metro so far.

goodforjns1.jpg

Almost everything on my list is suburban stock, hobbysearch just restocked some of their lines too which is very tempting.

I have my eyes on so many different lines.

instead of getting Yamanote im gonna get the e231 Joban instead, the dual green stripes are more attractive!

e231-joban.JPG

I also really want the e217 Tokaido

E217_Tokaido_Hiratsuka.jpg

some others they have in stock right now too

363315995_33583f7aa0.jpg?v=0

hankyu lines

10-536_E223-2000_EMU.JPG

series 223 lines

and i cant wait to get me one of the series 221 suburban liners

fs_jrw221.jpg

i only need about, a couple thousand dollars right!??!?!?! :o :o

SubwayHypes

they have the double decker system on the lines that have much farther range, like the e531 joban, e217 yokosuka, and e217 tokaido.

Model_E531_Green_Car_of_JR_East.jpg

the yamanote doenst really need double decker because it literally runs every 2-3 minutes.

Subway - Nice photos.

Alpine & Sushi - When it comes to Subway rudeness, I'm going to win hands down! I take the NYC Subway system everyday and we invented it. To quote John Lithgows charater in "Terms of Endearment" when talking to a salesgirl: "Madam, either you are very rude, or you must come from New York City." ;)

alpineaustralia

My only experience of NY rudeness was when some friend and I went to dinner in Greenwich village. My friend had to park his car a fair distance away and so we had to wait at the table for him before we could order. 

The rude cow of a waitress (hereinafter called the "Rude Cow") sneered at us "you know you cant just sit there the whole night.. you wil have to order!" 

We explained that we were waiting for our firend who needed to find a parking spot before we could order. The Rude Cow then insisted that we at least buy drinks.

We then proceeded to buy our drinks directly from the bar. After a little while, the Rude Cow then came over for round two "you know, I am your drink waitress as well you know!"

OK. so then we buy our drinks from the Rude Cow. Finally, my mate shows up and we order. The Rude Cow continues being rude until she discopvers that I am an Aussie.  At that point she starts to be friendly.

The bill finally comes and it comes to $100 even. We split it and I decide to go to the bathroom before we drive home. My firends insist that I dont and make a bee line for the door. I go downstairs to ther bathroom any way. When I come back out, I see the Rude Cow has cornered my mate and is shouting at him. I come over and ask whats going on.

She yells that he has only left her a $10 tip.

I respond "what wrong with that?"

She tells me that in NYC it is customary to tip 20%.

My response is "Yes, but you were a rude bitch and it if it was up to me you wouldnt get anything"

Her response.... "Yes, yes, I admit that....but at least I did get better towards the end of the night"

At that stage, you could have blown me over with a feather.

Sushi Train

My only experience of NY rudeness was when some friend and I went to dinner in Greenwich village. My friend had to park his car a fair distance away and so we had to wait at the table for him before we could order. 

The rude cow of a waitress (hereinafter called the "Rude Cow") sneered at us "you know you cant just sit there the whole night.. you wil have to order!"

We explained that we were waiting for our firend who needed to find a parking spot before we could order. The Rude Cow then insisted that we at least buy drinks.

We then proceeded to buy our drinks directly from the bar. After a little while, the Rude Cow then came over for round two "you know, I am your drink waitress as well you know!"

OK. so then we buy our drinks from the Rude Cow. Finally, my mate shows up and we order. The Rude Cow continues being rude until she discopvers that I am an Aussie.  At that point she starts to be friendly.

The bill finally comes and it comes to $100 even. We split it and I decide to go to the bathroom before we drive home. My firends insist that I dont and make a bee line for the door. I go downstairs to ther bathroom any way. When I come back out, I see the Rude Cow has cornered my mate and is shouting at him. I come over and ask whats going on.

She yells that he has only left her a $10 tip.

I respond "what wrong with that?"

She tells me that in NYC it is customary to tip 20%.

My response is "Yes, but you were a rude bitch and it if it was up to me you wouldnt get anything"

Her response.... "Yes, yes, I admit that....but at least I did get better towards the end of the night"

At that stage, you could have blown me over with a feather.

HAHA good story.

The only bit of rudeness I encountered in NYC was at the Virgin mega store in Times Square, we went there a few times to buy DVD's and every time the young guys behind the counter would hand us the bag they would look away, I found that very rude.

It seemed like a race thing because they were all young African Americans  :-\ but there was this older black guy in there that went out of his way to help us pick movies/TV shows, he was awesome.

Apart from that, my week in New York was great, people were fantastic or we just lucked out.

Alpine - that was you in the restaurant?  ;D (joking)

I don't want to hi-jack this thread but generally people in NYC are nice, it really has a lot to do with the fast pace which leads to impatience. The commutation systems does bring out the worst in us, New Yorkers though.

Okay back to Suburban trains. ;)

SubwayHypes

Yea back to suburbans!!!

I really want this one, i remember seeing it in Kyoto when i was a young kid and my grandma took me to this hotel that overlooked kyoto station, i sat there all weekend watching the trains go in and out, i remmeber seeing alot of 221 series and alot of this line right here.

series 117, not sure of exactly what line though, it is light brown with dark brown stripe.

1235743810_f7088df695.jpg?v=0

also gotta love the series 211 tokaidos, really classic japanese train in my opinion, no matter where you go in japan, you will see the green/orange line of some kind

211.jpg

although i recently found this on hobbbysearch, its a 211 painted in blue colorway, i was thinking about buying this one too!!

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10038785