E655

Guest ___

Astounding! That train is even more luxurious then an inter-continental plane! The lunch-box doesn't look very luxurious though in comparison with what you can buy at stations.

CaptOblivious

Guys, I think I found one. Need a Japanese speaker to fill in the details though.

http://ftfactory1993.cool.ne.jp/hobby.htm

It's clearly scratch-built. There is a link to a zip file that contains what appears to be outlines for cutting parts out of…paper, maybe? Hard to say. But you'll see two photos on the front page of that site of a distinctly 1/150 scale E655-series!

More:

http://ftfactory1993.cool.ne.jp/jre/oku/e655.htm

I wonder if there's an Shinkansen version of the Emperor train?

of course but in the past, one is the 0 series Shinkansen released from Microace with white V below the nose anothe one but never produced is the 0-1000 Shinkasen with blue strip over the frontal light.

I addiction I read that both Dr.Yellow T3 and T4 have a car with complete interiors seat that can be used for Imperial transport

ciao

Massimo

if you want you can build yourself one E655 but the base for kitbashing is KATO 257 (not so simple to find used and maybe junk to be low expensive)

you need this book that contain all instruction (in japanese but with a lot of photo and drawings)

http://www.hobbyjapan.co.jp/tmm5/

this is one example...

http://ftfactory1993.cool.ne.jp/usr/bin/perl/diarypro/diary.cgi?no=88

ciao

Massimo

from my october post...

for scratchbuilder TMM 5 still available at amazon.jp around 2000JPY (I hope mine arrive inside next month shipping)

and for people that can't wait Kato, Tomix or Microace

http://bustetsude.gozaru.jp/pepamo/pj/jre655.gif

http://bustetsude.gozaru.jp/pepamo/pj/jre655-special.gif

and more..

http://bustetsude.gozaru.jp/pepamo/pj/pepamo-j.html

ciao

Massimo

I would love my own personal Shinkansen.

Why did they chose the 700 series to be a Dr.Yellow Diagnostics Train?

Maybe for the same reason because the first 2 Dr.Yellow was based on 0 series, at time the last model in production was 700 series (N700 is most recent, 300 and 500 out of production)

the same is for JR East for the first 2 (S1 and S2 converted from 962 prototype) and the last S51 based on E3 (so they can use this to verify Shinkansen line and converted gauge line)

I don't know other reason...

Massimo

This looks like The Emperor and Empress?  Watch for the wave.

Full-organized system of both E655 6 train "summons", but in November 2008 (Tsutiura Hazama ~ Ueno Joban line) since the operation was two years. National Sports Festival attendance and the Emperor and Empress of Chiba, Chiba Prefecture, has come to observe, as a means of transportation 外房線 prefecture (Hara Shigeru Soga ~ ~ Katsuura Hazama), now in operation.

As the time of this play is fast. After about 10 minutes [Express] might also Wakashio is imminent.

• Like 2

In the last video the train isn't carrying the imperial crest and flags so my guess it that it's an empty positioning move the day before or maybe a practice run.

I wish Japanese railfan photographers would learn how to enable the silent mode of their cameras, that shutter noise in all their videos is downright annoying.

I wish Japanese railfan photographers would learn how to enable the silent mode of their cameras, that shutter noise in all their videos is downright annoying.

You don't have a silent mode on an SLR. ;-)

What about on a digital one? It's still annoying.

Nikon's D3s has a silent mode similar to that on the old F4s (minus film advance) Any dSLR that runs in Live View also runs in silent mode as the mirror box is not moving.

But I believe you get more visual noise in Live mode, due to heating in the CCD (it also uses more power), although I'll admit I've never used it, so I don't have any personal experience. My SLR has a live mode, but my train models have never complained about the shutter noise.  :grin

What about on a digital one? It's still annoying.

Yep, true!

Nikon's D3s has a silent mode similar to that on the old F4s (minus film advance) Any dSLR that runs in Live View also runs in silent mode as the mirror box is not moving.

I don't have a silent mode on my Canon 500D (something like Rebel Revenge Attack XZiYQK in the US, sorry don't know the name ^^,,) and almost never use the live mode unless I cannot use the standard mode. (If I put my camera on the floor for example, believe me, it happens :grin).

Canon Rebel, aka Kiss! (kissu) Bloody things don't even make for a half decent door stop I tell you. Hit a protester over the head with a Rebel and it will shatter in to a million pieces of plastic garbage I tell ya. Good D3s, jsut bounces off thier head, "booooooing!!!!!!!" and the camera keeps on working even of the person you just hit doesn't.  :laugh:

Canon Rebel, aka Kiss! (kissu) Bloody things don't even make for a half decent door stop I tell you. Hit a protester over the head with a Rebel and it will shatter in to a million pieces of plastic garbage I tell ya. Good D3s, jsut bounces off thier head, "booooooing!!!!!!!" and the camera keeps on working even of the person you just hit doesn't.   :laugh:

I dunno, my Rebel has been going strong for about 6 or 7 years... taken about 30,000 shots with it.

It has a metal frame.  I've dropped it several times onto concrete with no ill effects.

No, no model as of yet. It runs as either the imperial train (with the flags/mark/imperial car) or as a chartered VIP train.

Personally I have my doubts that we'd see it as a model any time soon:

- Only 1 exists

- It's not run frequently

- It's rarely used by the imperial family (they often ride a regular train now, leaving the imperial train for foreign visits)

- In the past manufacturers seem to have held the imperial carriage as a bit taboo to model while it was still in use

My bets are it will only appear as a model at the time the prototype is retired