GreenMax - New Releases

keitaro

7 minutes ago, disturbman said:

I also think it might come with a special sleeve, their special editions often come with one.

And I just saw it:

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, disturbman said:

I also think it might come with a special sleeve, their special editions often come with one.

Be careful with the special sleeve. Extras are not available from the manufacturer and modelers in the past have damaged the sleeve and then found to their dismay it can't be replaced.

No, never. Same for non-special sleeves. Or cases and manuals. It's not something that you can ask the manufacturers to provide. I'm surprised anyone ever thought they could get any spares of these.

Edited by disturbman
15 hours ago, disturbman said:

And I just saw it:

Wow! I find it quite nice, that packaging! I think I may get it in the end. And I agree with you, that I should get out of the comfort zone in this case. 🙂 

• Like 1

Well, the upcoming Komeda Coffee Shop is semi-tempting.  There is one of these in Mito City and one in Hitachinaka City that look just like this.  I'm not sure how well the photo printed model will look next to regular models.  Has GreenMax done anything like this before that folks have tired?
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10983658

disturbman

You know, there is a lot more sources of info than HS 😉 You should try following orientalexpress.jp, or the official Greenamx account on twitter. I think the model has been relatively well covered, it was presented at the current Shizuoka Hobby Show.

Edited by disturbman
37 minutes ago, Cat said:

Well, the upcoming Komeda Coffee Shop is semi-tempting.  There is one of these in Mito City and one in Hitachinaka City that look just like this.  I'm not sure how well the photo printed model will look next to regular models.  Has GreenMax done anything like this before that folks have tired?
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10983658

Check out the Shizuoka Hobby Show thread. The two most recent posts have photos and view of the model.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bill937ca said:

Check out the Shizuoka Hobby Show thread. The two most recent posts have photos and view of the model.

Ah, a timely post!  The raised details look quite decent.  Ibaraki Shorty might be getting a coffee shop...

1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

Can’t quite tell looks like the wall details are printed stickers? 

jeff

The 1999 description says that it's printed on.  If I get it, this won't be a foreground model in either landing spot we have open for it.

At the very least, it could go onto a mini one track module next to the TDF paper Cram School, seems like a good pairing!
: 3

Edited by Cat
8 hours ago, Cat said:

Komeda Coffee Shop is semi-tempting.  There is one of these in Mito City and one in Hitachinaka City that look just like this

Komeda are popping up all over the place. There are at least 10 in my local vicinity and all are built with this type of architecture. They tend to be in suburbs rather than downtown areas. 

Think it’s a Nagoya based company. AFAIK, Nagoya had a history of small independent coffee shops. 

1 hour ago, Kamome said:

Komeda are popping up all over the place.

Thanks to Google Maps, I can pinpoint the ones in our modelling area and modelling time of 2017.  Going to Streetview and scrolling back on early photos, the one in Mito City was not there in 2015 and was in 2017.  The one in Hitachinaka City was not there in 2013 and was in 2015.  

Whee!

I have enough wrapped trains, I have enough wrapped trains, I have enough wrapped trains, I have enough wrapped trains, I have enough wrapped trains…

jeff

• Haha 2
Das Steinkopf
22 hours ago, disturbman said:

Specially for Sammy and me. Though I don't think Sammy comes so much around anymore.

Don't worry, if a bus comes out in that wrapping he will be reappear in a flash.

On 8/9/2023 at 9:13 AM, cteno4 said:

I have enough wrapped trains, I have enough wrapped trains, I have enough wrapped trains, I have enough wrapped trains, I have enough wrapped trains…

"no you don't" "no you don't" "no you don't"

Special liveries is the whole reason to collect new trains.  Even my Euro and US ones tend to be special liveries after one or two basics...

• Like 1