Tomix - New Releases

6 hours ago, Kamome said:

Is anyone collecting the Disney Waku Waku 800s? Do we need any more?  I often see a lot of them in the used sections of railway shops.

Just had that discussion of some sorts on a different discord, where ppl. complained they won't get the "good" trains, due to many shops not exporting these (license restrictions, same as the Hello Kitty trains). I think it makes them a well sought after item outside of Japan, but oddly enough even after all the time, inside Japan you sometimes even find them brand new.

The funny thing is, I think Tomix made too many of the yellow Waku Waku that was released first and not enough of the following sets. The red one is a pita to source, and the Pixar is also relatively rare, but the yellow is flooding the second-market and has seen is price crash in recent months.

Holy inflation Batman.  That N700 has literally doubled in price since I bought mine 10/2018.  The new set B ¥26,180 MSRP, I paid ¥13,055. That makes for a hefty investment for all 16 cars.

21 minutes ago, Bob Martin said:

The new set B ¥26,180 MSRP, I paid ¥13,055.

Not to take away from your take, but you are comparing a full price (including Japanese sales tax/VAT) with a heavily discounted price. MSRP of previous N700-1000 B set was 22,880.

Edited by disturbman

I'm very excited for the new 200 K and 400 series. I came close to buying the old 200 K many times but I'm glad that I refrained from doing it all this time. Now all TOMIX needs to do is release a 200 G!

Not sure if you’re looking for specific differences between the 500 and 1000 in terms of prototype or model. If the real locomotive, look here with a translation app.

https://ja.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/国鉄DD51形ディーゼル機関車

The newest announcement from Tomix in N is for the release of a Hokkaido DD51-500 (2250) with winter specification windows, snow ploughs and the removal of some of the radiator covers as seen in the region in the JNR era. DD51 were used throughout Japan replacing the remnants of steam on a lot of “trunk” lines. There were a variety of subtle differences across the country depending on the workload, geographic and weather requirements.  The most obvious differences were the inclusion of rotating windows and snowploughs for cold regions. Otherwise there would be subtle differences in model form to replicate the equipment installed on the loco for its usage. Steam heating, jumper plugs etc.. 

• Thanks 1

For Blue Train / Hokutosei fans, please note that the additional cars needed to extend the 92792 Yume Kuukan Hokutosei are now up for pre-order. Weirdly, Tomix did not re-release them last fall when the Yume Kuukan was re-released. Hopefully more JR East Hokutosei items are coming soon. 

Here is a screen shot of the instruction manual; you can add 3, 4, or 5 additional coaches based on the consistsTomix suggests. 

I'd suggest ordering 5 coaches: 9529, 9530, 9531, 9532 x 2 . 

hokutosei.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, a new koki 106 with a 40-foot container, parts to make the curved viaduct into double-track and single-track catenary poles with simulated high-voltage power are probably of interest for some.

On 2/10/2024 at 1:28 PM, Rod.H said:

parts to make the curved viaduct into double-track

The description talks about the curve track pieces being convertible between canted track and cant approach track using a screwdriver which is the first for Tomix, even the original viaduct curves did have separate approach pieces.

So the original curved viaduct comes with 2 cant approaches to a canted curve, while the upcoming addon has all the curves canted but has a removable piece to make cant approaches.

jappomania

1985-2024, just ... ehm ... 39 years for a correct 100 series

so now still missing the original X set with large windows and NS red logo to close the circle....

heavy time for my credit card.... 😩

Ciao!