51769350521_51f3cdd0df_z.jpg

road-underbridge-2021-12-23_03 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

51768507207_c674f6a5c2_z.jpg

road-underbridge-2021-12-23_01 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

51769573603_caa776b7cb_z.jpg

road-underbridge-2021-12-23_02 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

51771317629_906463b0f5_z.jpg

road-underbridge-2021-12-24_01 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

It has ended up somewhat on the wide side for various reasons (the plausible get-out excuse is that there are long-term plans to bulldoze a nice wide road through the area, of which this will be part); I will add some metered parking space on the right-hand side to use up some space).

• Like 6

I LOVE the Chuo line, and can memorise the stations by heart from Tokyo to Takao using the Chuo line Rapid service, thanks for the continuous running of the Chou line back in Densha de go final... It also made me love the E233 alot and the Chuo line one is probably my fav. 

Tokyo - Kanda - Ochanomizu - Yotsuya - Shinjuku - Nakano - Koenji - Asagaya - Ogikubo - Nishi Ogikubo - Kichioji - Mitaka - Musashi Sakai - Higashi Kogane - Musashi Kogane - Kokubunji - Nishi Kokubunji - Kunitachi - Tachikawa - Hino - Toyoda - Hachioji - Nishi Hachioji - Takao ~ 

Trust me, the above was typed from memory with no reference ~  🙂

• Like 2
3 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Nice prediction! Is the Blue Thunder/ Green Taki combo always to be seen on the Chuo line?

Yup, the only regular freight traffic is tankers and/or containers (sometimes a combined set) behind an EH200.

Mind you these days, with that, an E353, a 211 series in Nagano colour and maybe an E233-0, you can recreate pretty much any random scene between Takao and Otsuki.

3 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

I LOVE the Chuo line, and can memorise the stations by heart from Tokyo to Takao using the Chuo line Rapid service, thanks for the continuous running of the Chou line back in Densha de go final... It also made me love the E233 alot and the Chuo line one is probably my fav. 

Tokyo - Kanda - Ochanomizu - Yotsuya - Shinjuku - Nakano - Koenji - Asagaya - Ogikubo - Nishi Ogikubo - Kichioji - Mitaka - Musashi Sakai - Higashi Kogane - Musashi Kogane - Kokubunji - Nishi Kokubunji - Kunitachi - Tachikawa - Hino - Toyoda - Hachioji - Nishi Hachioji - Takao ~ 

Trust me, the above was typed from memory with no reference ~  🙂

Very good, have an orange-flavoured cookie :D.

Mind you, you don't want to go head-to-head with the Squidlet on Chuo Line stations, he can do every one betwen Tokyo - Kobuchizawa (including the Chuo-Sobu line ones west of Ochanomizu).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, railsquid said:

Mind you, you don't want to go head-to-head with the Squidlet on Chuo Line stations, he can do every one betwen Tokyo - Kobuchizawa (including the Chuo-Sobu line ones west of Ochanomizu).

oooh maybe get him to do a Johnny cash meets super bellz YouTube, he will get a million hits! Especially if he wears the squid hat.

jeff

7 hours ago, railsquid said:

Very good, have an orange-flavoured cookie :D.

Let's have a friendly square off!! 😛 I can also do the Yamanote, minus the Takanawa gateway... it just gets in the way of the song... 

Training for the Kyoto Kobe line now, since it's also in Densha de Go Final  😛

Yeah, he still needs a bit of work on the Yamanote Line.

Meanwhile behind the playground a bus stop takes shape:

51784063087_d03d1aee7a_z.jpg

bus-stop-area-2021-12-29_03 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Tragically it's hard to see from normal viewing angles, but it helps fill in one of many awkward corners:

51784876951_2d37e81011_z.jpg

bus-stop-area-2021-12-29_01 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

51784061167_1982f83dfc_z.jpg

bus-stop-area-2021-12-29_02 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

• Like 8
5 hours ago, railsquid said:

Yeah, he still needs a bit of work on the Yamanote Line.

Meanwhile behind the playground a bus stop takes shape:

bus-stop-area-2021-12-29_03 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Tragically it's hard to see from normal viewing angles, but it helps fill in one of many awkward corners:

51784876951_2d37e81011_z.jpg

bus-stop-area-2021-12-29_01 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

bus-stop-area-2021-12-29_02 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

how do you manage to get to these areas for placement. I imagine you twisting and stretching your body into weird angles to access.lol

3 hours ago, beakaboy said:

how do you manage to get to these areas for placement. I imagine you twisting and stretching your body into weird angles to access.lol

'Tis very simple - I wave a magic wand and the relevant scenic section vanishes from the baseboard:

51785972381_06b1e421b9_z.jpg

bus-stop-area-2021-12-30_01 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

and reappears on my workbench:

51786594039_430ceee907_z.jpg

bus-stop-area-2021-12-30_02 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Lol, I actually spelled it steak due to my dyslexia when I posted, but amazingly actually saw the booboo after I posted it and corrected it even as it was a humorous pun mistake… too many decades of being ridiculed for my spelling errors…

easy just take your steak to the stake and roast it on the fire to well done and eat… last meal and such.

jeff

Excellent squid! You see those office and store videos where they get hit by a few of those fast sideways jerks and shelves are totally cleared, all the stuff stays put but the shelving unit yanked out from under it and it’s the Wiley e coyote moment then everything crashes to the floor.

your layout should survive a big quake with all its scenery being built with your chopstick framework. Should move around like a 800 year old pagoda!

jeff

• Haha 3

Those shelving units ("IVAR" from IKEA) actually survived the the 2011 quake just fine (IIRC shindo 5- where I was living at the time) despite being high up in a concrete apartment building and not anchored to anything. I was fully expecting to get home after a 3 hour walk and have to sift through a mess of fallen Scandanavian-designed composite wooden furnishings, but fortunately it was mainly only a small number of books and other bits and pieces. You could however see how the books on the shelves had moved around in the direction of the earthquake, and I am sure a lot more would have flown off at a higher shindo.

• Haha 1

I was living in Berkeley when the loma preata earthquake hit. The building I was in was a 1950s 5 story concrete box sitting directly on a finger of the Hayward fault. Every year on earthquake day (yes California has an annual earthquake day!) they would paint the finger of the Hayward that would cross UC Berkeley and the line would run dow and into one side of the building right at our lab and out the other side of the building. Joke was building would become tower 1 and tower 2. Luckily almost no damage to building or lab. We were goof with similar restraints on shelves with glassware and bottles.

I too ran home to my tiny studio apartment (it as old and not well looked after) expecting to see disaster as it was packed to the gills with books and antique lab equipment and glassware I had salvaged from the labs. My first thought in the door was what a mess, but then I realized that was the state I left it in that morning! I was very glad I had attached the very tall bookshelves I made (10’ ceilings) to the walls and had restraint strips like yours.

Only odd thing the pendulum on my modern grandfather clock I had built was missing. Finally located it about 7’ away. Best guess is it got in some harmonic resonance with the quake and finally unhooked and went flying.

jeff

• Like 1
Martijn Meerts
17 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Only odd thing the pendulum on my modern grandfather clock I had built was missing. Finally located it about 7’ away. Best guess is it got in some harmonic resonance with the quake and finally unhooked and went flying.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

My first thought in the door was what a mess, but then I realized that was the state I left it in that morning!

Reading this has made my day!! 🙂

• Like 2