MicroAce - New Releases

disturbman

While a price increase is noticeable with all the manufacturers, MicroAce really takes the cake. It wasn't that long ago when a 6 or 7 car MA set cost around 17k ¥. And now look, 27-30k ¥ seems to be normal. I would really like to hear their stand on this.

Yeah all manufacturers did a 20% increase in 2016. But MAs was about 50%.

My understanding is higher production costs due to their great Chinese supplier collaspe of 2015 is their reasoning.

I also have my serious thoughts on why MA decided to release a Tokyo Metro 10000! Not only Kato has released one before, but so has Greenmax in 2011 and 2013 in two different versions... MicroAce truly has lost me there.

Looking back, there were 4 variants of the Tobu Ryomo:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10060246

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10060247

Released in Mid Dec 2007 - RSP 18,900 

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10164558

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10164560

Released in Late Apr 2012 - RSP 22,680 

And the current 'Taiwan printing' one:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10444262 - 31,212

We can see the cost increase from so much over the 3 years, in which I think they are still using the same mold? I under inflation, but this is quite a lot to understand... I am just crossing my fingers and hoping they will NOT release a model I like anytime now with their kind of pricing....

Yeah all manufacturers did a 20% increase in 2016. But MAs was about 50%.

My understanding is higher production costs due to their great Chinese supplier collaspe of 2015 is their reasoning.

Still...

MA full production in China vs. Tomix/Kato (mostly) production in Japan

Shamed be he who thinks evil of it.  :angel5:

The D52 release states there is a small motor which I assume means a cab free of motor as opposed to the previous issue where the motor filled the cab and the area behind  

• Like 1

Still...

MA full production in China vs. Tomix/Kato (mostly) production in Japan

Shamed be he who thinks evil of it.  :angel5:

More to the point, if you don't own/control your own factories, then you are always at risk. I believe Hornby in the UK had that problem as well, possibly also Dapol. The impression I get (and I am open to corrections) is that Kato is a bit of an exception because they've been doing this so long at such a scale they're efficient enough to produce in Japan, whereas Tomy/Tomix is a big enough conglomerate to own/control its own factories in China as well as Japan.

• Like 2

just wondering.. did they fired some workers? causing a harder to produce models.. also less number could be produced.

also why they no longer make steam engines?

also why they no longer make steam engines?

But they do, they have just scaled back a bit from what they produced in past years.  There are the two variants of the D52 in this month's releases and the E10s that should be arriving soon, both classes that have not been done by Kato or Tomix.

I am hoping that Micro Ace improve their steam to compete with Kato and Tomix's recent offerings, the mention of a small motor in the D52 is promising.

MA new releases:

KIHA53-504 Express Color without Vertical ... Micro Ace N Scale、1/150 Diesel Car

KIHA48 Tsuruga Color (2-Car Set) (Model Train) Micro Ace N Scale、1/150 Diesel Car

Nankai Series 7100 Medetai Train (2-Car Set)... Micro Ace N Scale、1/150 Electric Car

Kintetsu Series 23000 Iseshima Liner w/Logo, ... Micro Ace N Scale、1/150 Electric Car

The last one is interesting but I am not amazed at the price...

Edited by cteno4

That Nankai looks cute, but the price isn't....

I'm happy MA is staying this way, as by far they have yet to release a set that I would really need ~~  :P

Das Steinkopf

Some of the steamers and the KiYa 95 Dr. Tōkai might be of interest here.

Looks like I will be shelling out about $200.00AUD on a KiYa 95 DR2, I will be needing a Dr Tokai in the future.

Edited by Das Steinkopf
Fenway Park

Two new versions of the C54 pacific. These are C54 12 and 17 one with cab visors and the other with a snow plough. C54 3 and 9 were released in 2002 by Micro Ace. One of MA's better attempt at a steam loco fairly close to 1/150.

Not a very successful class and all were withdrawn by 1963.

No mention of new motor for the new versions.

AE Skyliner 2012 release: ¥23,800

AE Skyliner 2017 release: ¥36,300

Why...

I couldn't agree more.... I was really hoping to get a skyliner model when it was rereleased or via yahoo auctions at the original price, then seeing microace were releasing it again I certainly took note until I saw the massive price increase. Will have to cross that one off the list....

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more.... I was really hoping to get a skyliner model when it was rereleased or via yahoo auctions at the original price, then seeing microace were releasing it again I certainly took note until I saw the massive price increase. Will have to cross that one off the list....

It seems like they got the pricing straight off Yahoo Auctions.

Used AE Skyliners usually have a buyout price of around 35k.

A while ago I was thinking how a 2 or 3 car Eidan 3000 wouldn't be bad to have, and now they're doing this. Still too expensive.

The new Skyliner seems to be a new tooling, as the catalogue number is different from the previous ones.

Yup, there's a difference. Car 2 features overhead inspection equipment. Worth ¥13,000, apparently.

serotta1972

I really don't have any parameters when it comes to buying trains but price is usually one factor I look at, part of the reason I'm staying away from Greenmax and Micro Ace. So I guess it's one way of limiting my purchases by sticking to just Tomix and Kato but still lots to choose from.

• Like 1
enodenlover

Micro Ace's prices are higher than I'm used to paying but I really like the Eidan 3000 series subway cars so I'm probably going to pre-order a 2 car set. 

Wow at that Skyliner... Double wow at the skyliner's price... well, I will excuse myself by saying it is a keisei train and I got enough private railways for now ~

But that Kiya... I think i'll dive in... Need a doctor for JR Central trains....

• Like 1

AE Skyliner 2012 release: ¥23,800

AE Skyliner 2017 release: ¥36,300

Why...

Geez, that skyliner is something I've always wanted...but at that price!?!? Come on MA...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1