MicroAce - New Releases

disturbman

I nearly pooped myself when I saw the Kiha 72 5 car set.  The older A7890 4 car set sells for around 20,000 used.  So this new set is a bargain, if you look at it that way. haha.  It will be around 19,000 from AmiAmi.

Why do you have to tempt me further.....   :(

It's a Kyushu train - It's a Kyushu train - It's a Kyushu train - It's a Kyushu train -It's a Kyushu train - It's a Kyushu train -It's a Kyushu train - It's a Kyushu train -It's a Kyushu train - It's a Kyushu train - It's a Kyushu train - It's a Kyushu train -It's a Kyushu train - It's a Kyushu train -

Here's a quick peek at the new car at 04:54

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 1

Hello Mr JR500,

I know your feeling.  I too am tempted.  However, I have looked at the situation rationally.  Only 1 KiHa 72 is in operation.  I already own one.  So there is no point to buy a second. ... ... ... still ... the urge is there ... I must fight it ... がんばって!

So finally pulling through with that Keio 8000 I see MA? Weird they dumped it first, as this will be a big hit.

Two E10's, sounds like they will have a different mechanism to the ones Micro-Ace made several years ago?  I only had my old one out this morning going over my Japanese steamers for an upcoming train show, it has a nice smooth running mechanism but its downfall is that it effectively picks up power on only three of the drivers and with such a long wheel base and unsprung axles any small bumps in the track or turnouts cause loss of power altogether as wheels lift off the rails.

I feel a couple of pre-orders coming on. :)

• Like 1
Guest keio6000

I kind of suspected that rumors had been flying about the 8000 getting the nod since for the last few weeks there has been an absolute flood of gm built keio 8000s on yahoo auctions.

Dont let ma hear this, but i will pay any price for this one. Really. Any price :

The good news is that i suspect we will see this at some point.

Edited by keio6000
Guest keio6000

By the way, i am vienna today. Stopped into two model train shops (one near prater. One near wien messe). Makes microace look like an absolute bargain by comparison. I was, however. Severely tempted by this one (slovenian loco, i believe) an sz with "manner" waffle cracker livery. Gorgeous but over 200 euro for the loco.

Edited by keio6000

Btw. in Vienna, you can find cheaper shops with new and used trains around Mariahilfer strasse. And the most expensive two are in the pedestrian zone around the Stephansdom in the inner city.

Guest keio6000

Thanks for the info. I am probably flying the southwest of austria or northern italy tomorrow on business, but will have a look maybe the next time i have a trip to vienna as im sure i will. But honestly, i just stopped in to see if i should get a representative austrian train as i am sending a bit of time in austria this summer and i assume if i find something if the price in a shop is truly out of line i canjust get it on the internet. As i said, that waffle loco intrigues me though technically its not austrian.. But 200 euro for a potemtially dodgy euro loco... (Fleischmann). Id post pics but i only have my ipad here at moment.. But it kind of fits my curretnt travels as i was in slovenia (portorosz) a few days ago too..

But to the main point.. Hooray for keio 8000! And please please please ma make the "takao wrapping" version!

Edited by keio6000
Ochanomizu

Two E10's, sounds like they will have a different mechanism to the ones Micro-Ace made several years ago?  ...

Hello,

Actually, it was 15 years ago.  How time flies ... and I do not even collect steam.  With no other manufacturers making E type steamers I suspect these models will be quite popular.

But honestly, i just stopped in to see if i should get a representative austrian train 

I would suggest a railjet or a double decker wiesel. (Hobbytrain/Kato and Jagerndorfer) Both are relatively fresh sets so you can buy them at most places. Of course, online only shop prices are much cheaper, for example a railjet set is around 200 euro. If you want a loco only, i would say a Jagerndorfer diesel for around 100 euros chould be nice. And for example at dm-toys, there is a freight set with an Arnold loco and 4 cars for 129 euro. Physical shops are just expensive... i wonder how large is this difference in Japan?

Physical shops are just expensive... i wonder how large is this difference in Japan?

Not a whole lot.

• Like 1
Guest keio6000

6 cars 27400 = 4566 per car

8 cars 35200 = 4400 per car

when you discount the motor and end lights, it's clear they are actually charging MORE for marginal interior cars.

but anyway, keio  8000 reaction:

DancingBanana.gif

19000 for a four car Keisei train... A bit of a ripoff, but let's see what'll do on the 2nd hand market

Edited by Kabutoni
Guest keio6000

19000 for a four car Keisei train... A bit of a ripoff, but let's see what'll do on the 2nd hand market

a bit? 

but it's nice to see more 3500s.  i missed this due to the insane pricing and maybe another release will put a little relief on aftermarket prices.

still kicking myself for missing a GM 3400 8-car set for 12000 on the aftermarket a few weeks ago.  I figured "well, i already have the 3700..." and then realized that i want the 3400 too and in that instant it was gone :) 

Oooooh finally a chance to get my hands on the Kiha185! The few ones in japanese auctions houses never go below 30000 yens. Been wanting to have it since I had the luck to run it to go to Hitoyoshi to take the SL Hitoyoshi back to Kumamoto.

I've been slowing collecting a lot of Kyushu trains.  And yes they get to triple their original price on yahoo.  Got a Kiha 71 4 car set for 10,000 yen 9 months back, which was a steal.

I was looking at Kiha 72 4 car sets, but they reached 25,000 yen used.  So the new 5 car set is great value at 20,000 yen.  40,000 per car new is still high.  but better than 70,000 yen per car used.

Now another Kyushu release in the Kiha 185 2 car set means buying it for 10,250 instead of nearly 25,000-30,000 yen.

I'm hoping for a Kiha 185 Yufu express 4 car set and a Kiha 183 Aso Boy! 4 car set in the future.