MicroAce - New Releases

disturbman

Looks like the 815 is the version I prefer, that's the version with the current logos and stuff right? So that's the A8362. The more I look at it the more tempting it becomes.... my poor wallet is crying. I just NEED it with my other Keihan trains, but now I want to motorize those as well. ;_;

An interesting detail is that in the PDF of the Keihan 800系 it says that MicroAce coupler is not supported. So I presume this will also mean that TN couplers won't work. But I get the feeling that this only applies to the body-mounted couplers because it looks like you can still replace the Arnold coupler with a TN coupler.

http://www.microace-arii.co.jp/release/pdf/A8360f.pdf

MA usually mentions the replacement coupler item nr. for the coupler between the carriages under オプション ('option') though...

With MA the front couplers are usually dummies. Because the Keihan 800 type is too narrow, standard body mounted couplers can't be supported. Rapido replacements can be done, but knowing MA it doesn't make much difference in the gap between carriages.

Usually, connections between carriages is with some form of permanent coupling system (like a bar), so TN coupler replacements aren't really needed. Depending on the type of train of course... ( ̄▽ ̄;)

Mudkip Orange

OK so if I only get one it's definitely going to be the old logo, that's what they looked like when I first fell in love with Keihan trains.

But I'll probably just end up getting both :/

My prayers have been answered by the Model Train Gods. They fit through at least R180 curves (R280 is listed as standard, but they run through R180 as it seems), which means they are T-Trak friendly :)

Edited by Toni Babelony
  • Like 4

[fanboy mode on] Waahh that's so awesome! I need one! [/fanboy mode off]

But now there's a problem. What to do with my soon to be made T-Trak modules: single track rural Shikoku or double-track suburban Keihan Ishiyama-Sakamoto/Keishin line scenery? I want both! :sad1:

[fanboy mode on] Waahh that's so awesome! I need one! [/fanboy mode off]

But now there's a problem. What to do with my soon to be made T-Trak modules: single track rural Shikoku or double-track suburban Keihan Ishiyama-Sakamoto/Keishin line scenery? I want both! :sad1:

Do both, I have or am planning modules representing double track mainlines in Texas and Japan in both the modern and late steam eras and am planning on building single track branch lines for each. Then there's my British trains that need somewhere to run.  With T-TRAK you can swap your modules around depending on what you feel like running.

Edited by westfalen

But with my little hobby money and available time it's not really doable to do both though. I have enough stuff for a few modules lying around, but the eventual aim is to make a 'complete' T-Trak loop with scenery that fits a certain area.

The temptation was too much. Resistance was futile. Just ordered the Keihan 800 new logo version. Now my wallet may hate me for eternity.

Guest keio6000

This whole forum seems to have little to no interest in commuter types, and suddenly everybody's agog over a pretty plain Keihan 800. I don't get it. What's the attraction - the short car length and the ability to run on city streets and Enoden/Keifuku don't do it for you?

Enoden is a classic interurban railway, while Keifuku is a tram line. Keihan uses a street running full scale commuter train, that can be prototypically run on tram layouts. Other than that, it's nothing special. By the way, can it run on Tomix R140 curves and switches?

• Like 1

Why? Because the line and train is cool! I just had interest in the line and train before it was announced so it was not a difficult decision to make. I already have a small collection of trains that run on this line and more to come!

I've been anticipating this model for years and was wondering who was going to make it, if at all. Not everybody likes Scottish Gauge 10-car cream and pink monsters, just like not everybody likes Standard Gauge orange cardan driven boxes. It's a personal hobby in which everybody reflects his/her personal interests. If you don't like it, that's too bad.

• Like 1

I like the operational corner lights.

I will attempt to have a look at the real thing while in Kyoto in October.

I was looking on the English Keihan website, and I couldn't find which of their lines these 800s run on. Help? Or a google map reference?

p.s. I prefer the commuter trains. Why? Being an outsider, the commuter trains are more unique and take you to places that aren't on the map.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1

The 800 series runs on the Keishin Line: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keihan_Keishin_Line

Since the the line was partly replaced by the Kyoto Subway Tozai Line the Keishin Line trains are run by the subway like-800 series.

It still confuses the heck out of me what route the Keishin Line trains actually do. They start at Hamaotsu and then dive underground into the Tozai Line after Misasagi station, but I still can't figure out what the terminus is.

I like the operational corner lights.

I will attempt to have a look at the real thing while in Kyoto in October.

I was looking on the English Keihan website, and I couldn't find which of their lines these 800s run on. Help? Or a google map reference?

p.s. I prefer the commuter trains. Why? Being an outsider, the commuter trains are more unique and take you to places that aren't on the map.

Stand on the footbridge across the intersection outside Hamaotsu station for a while and watch them come out of the station, turn the corner and run up the street.

• Like 1

The Keihan 800 actually does look quite good each time I look at it. But still, the heart is strong but the wallet is weak..

• Like 2

The early nineties of Keisei is already more than enough...

So that means the Keihan 800 will not be bought. ;)