MicroAce - New Releases

disturbman

Ah. That could explain why Microace has not announced any new releases these month (which is quite unusual).

NuclearErick

I'd hate to see MA increase prices.  They are already the priciest of the big 4 JPN train model manufacturers.

Thats is because of the Consumption Tax or "Shouhizei" was 5% and it is now 8% and in Oct 2015 will go to 10%

Edited by NuclearErick

MA announced new trains (three ex-Seibu trains and some JR Hokkaido EMU), but retracted them very quickly.

Thats is becouse of the Consumption Tax or "Shouhizei" was 5% and it is now 8% and in Oct 2015 will go to 10%

That has hardly anything to do with it. It's the disputes in the Chinese factories that will drive up the prices if MA manages to continue. All others will be a bit more pricey as well, but a 3% increase won't hit your wallet very hard.

First and foremost, I'm worried about MAs existence, rather than the prices... 

Tomix is also made in China, their factory must have better relations with their employees, or rule over them with a tighter fist.

Tomix has its parent company tomy who does a lot of production in china, so they have a lot more clout with the factories. The more you produce the better terms and more consistent order fulfillment.

Jeff

Thats is becouse of the Consumption Tax or "Shouhizei" was 5% and it is now 8% and in Oct 2015 will go to 10%

Not really since those taxes are charged accross all companies.

i think the bigger issue is tomix and kato have been creeping into MA`s market. who are you going to buy ma or kato/tomix.

examples being kato and the subways and tomix been doing more 103 115 etc etc which usually was more popular runs with MA.

green max already toned down on their subway releases, not as many as usuall and been doing more private meitetsu/seibu/tobu/kintetsu etc.

even pulling out some kiha`s which is not much of their scene.

but yeah the tax hit greenmax more than anyone as they have the higher % of made in japan goods.

still they all have a 3% increase on the base price and next year another 2%.

Still intl sales customers get a much better deal than the average Japanese customer due to the 8% on top of base price.

i think the bigger issue is tomix and kato have been creeping into MA`s market. who are you going to buy ma or kato/tomix.

MA :D

• Like 1

Maybe the range of their products? MA produces a lot of trains that Kato and Tomix would probably would never do. I like the versatility of their offering and always found Kato's roster quite bland in comparison.

But that is probably because I have a thing for the JRs local stock, the variety in DMUs for example.

Edited by disturbman
Mudkip Orange

I can't tell the difference in quality between by MA Keihan trains and my Kato JR trains, except that the kato trains use close-couplers which causes them to derail on R216s, while the MAs use rapidos which can take anything.

Why MA over any other manufacturer? Well, I'm not seeing Tomix, Kato or Greenmax producing the stuff MicroAce does (for a good price). Fairly easy argument.

• Like 1

Indeed. Just look at JR Shikoku models: only MA does them. (except for one or two sets Tomix did many years back)

Hehe seems like it's moving into the endless makers argument discussion again... Each maker has their advantages and disadvantages, and any preferences over the other is purely based on personal preferences over some particular issue that that particular maker makes.

For example, I like the tilting mechanism that Kato does like when the Super Azusa turns around the bend...

Then the power coupling of the N700A that ensures almost flicker-free interior lighting even across my dirty track.

Then there are some exclusive models like the Kiha-40 Squid/ Fox/ Crab and many other painted trains that only MicroAce produces.

Finally that's some beautiful private lines that GreenMax makes.

So I think it's basically what you want to look for in a model and which maker you feel does that model better, but no hard and fast rule which maker is better ~~  

• Like 2

If I could afford to pay 20% than Kato/Tomix prices, then I'd buy alot more MA stuff.

MA website is like Katos and much more English speaking/reading friendly.

All of my Kyushu DMUs are MA. (As Tomix/Kato don't do them).

All my Freight Kokis are Tomix. (As Kato/MA have smaller range and availability is horrible).

All my Kyushu EMUs and random other locos are Kato.

I'd prefer the MA Kokis as they are slightly more detailed like white ladders and yellow lockers, but you pay double for MA Kokis versus Tomix Kokis.

So all the companies have their pros and cons.

I cannot comment on Greenmax as I have failed to buy any product yet.  But was eyeing off some Kiha 200s (ie Kyushu Seaside Liner, Nanohana or Red Rapid) but $120 for a motorized 2 car set and $90 for a trailer 2 car set is very expensive.  Considering my Kato 813-200s cost $110 for a 3 car set.

But back to MA.  I hope they sort it all out soo.  I really want my Isaburo/Shinpei soonish.

Edited by katoftw
disturbman

Receive notification that my pre--order should be released next month. Wonder if this mean that the issue regarding the workforce is settled or if it will be postponed again.

Receive notification that my pre--order should be released next month. Wonder if this mean that the issue regarding the workforce is settled or if it will be postponed again.

Which retailer?

Just curious.  I've had automated messages from Hobby Search before saying your reverse item arrives next month etc.  Then a week later another message saying the arrival date has been moved back.

so was curious if you were getting the automated message or not.

MA's website does list an impressive variety of models.  Look at all the 185s!  http://www.microace-arii.co.jp/products/itemlist/ec_l.html

These aren't actually in stock and available from the manufacturer are they?

Doubtful. I think a lot of them are out of stock and hard to find. I was looking at all the wide range of 485s! From No-Do-ka types to Resort train Yamanami types!

Yes, interesting indeed! There have actually been updates from MicroAce on http://www.jp-ngauge.info/ of the upcoming releases of a few Nishitetsu and Osaka City Transport trains.

Next to that a little bit older, but still some prototypes and previews for upcoming releases here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/ngauge.information/2014050111MICROACEVol1?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCLCP3unXuKrUtAE&feat=embedwebsite and https://picasaweb.google.com/ngauge.information/2014050111MICROACEVol2?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCO3FltrF393yDQ&feat=embedwebsite

Also, I wonder if MA is planning to release a new Keisei (or related) train any time soon again...

Edited by Toni Babelony
disturbman

Yes, interesting indeed! There have actually been updates from MicroAce on http://www.jp-ngauge.info/ of the upcoming releases of a few Nishitetsu and Osaka City Transport trains.

Indeed. MA updated its website yesterday, stating that the nishitetsu trains will be released on the 14th and the Osaka City Transport trains on the 22nd. These are the first activity on their website since April or March i think.

Indeed. MA updated its website yesterday, stating that the nishitetsu trains will be released on the 14th and the Osaka City Transport trains on the 22nd. These are the first activity on their website since April or March i think.

Indeed! I wonder if they will re-release the new poster as well soon. It was released for a few hours or a day or so, but was retreated quickly after the troubles in their factory started. IIRC it contained three small private railway versions of 3-car ex-Seibu trains (probably Sangi RR, Izu-Hakone RR and Ryūtetsu) and a one or two others (maybe JNR electric engines). Not the most thrilling of releases xD