bill937ca

What did you do on your layout today? (N scale)

Pauljag900
1 hour ago, James-SNMB said:

The other day I set up the new unitram loop and gave it a run with the pair of Portrams I have. After a few minutes, I got silly, and decided to see what else I could put on there. To my amazement, I got a Kato ES44AC and Maxi I unit to run around the R180 curves! Ok, well the front and rear axle of the locomotive would pop off at every curve and the coupler would yank off the first truck of the intermodal unit around each curve, but it would re-rail itself on the straights and keep right on going, no problem. and for what it's worth, without the loco, the Maxi I would sail around the curves by itself with no issue. Not that I plan to run it like this...

IMG_20200904_115055385_small.thumb.jpg.8528100a16a719192f180a29b08aba57.jpg

Ok, then things got ridiculous. Here's a TGV duplex really challenging the "there's a prototype for everything" mantra:

IMG_20200904_114136603_small.thumb.jpg.5f494e7371923b11a4d4dfdfbf675b92.jpg

It too made it around the R180 curves for reasons I don't understand. I don't think there was any derailing/re-railing action, but I could here some plastic clicking as it wound around the bends, so it wasn't perfect by any means. Still, I didn't expect this to work at all...

Anyways, I've put everything back to normal and told the citizens to pretend this never happened.

my kinda guy!😂😂👍 anything for a bit of fun😂 i ll be running b train shorty s onmine along with trams😂😂

Edited by Pauljag900

James-SNMB
1 hour ago, railsquid said:

If you can work on the radii, it seems quite prototypical for the US:

Ok, it happens for the North American Prototype... Got one for a TGV???

James-SNMB
1 hour ago, Tonytramman said:

actually the do the american street marking version of unitram track I believe 

They do (or at least they did) have street plates with NA markings, yes, but I plan to make my own roads. I've also seen other people suggest that it's possible to sand off the markings, so that's another option for people wanting to use the street plates and change things up.

James-SNMB
16 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

my kinda guy!😂😂👍 anything for a bit of fun😂 i ll be running b train shorty s onmine along with trams😂😂

Well I was running the trams on the mainline before I got the Unitram, so why not turn the tables right? Although I assumed the ICE 4 and Eurostar wouldn't work, so there's  still many things left to try...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pauljag900
1 hour ago, James-SNMB said:

Well I was running the trams on the mainline before I got the Unitram, so why not turn the tables right? Although I assumed the ICE 4 and Eurostar wouldn't work, so there's  still many things left to try...

Absoloutely,nothing wrong with having a bit of fun!!👍👍😂

• Thanks 1

gavino200
2 hours ago, railsquid said:

If you can work on the radii, it seems quite prototypical for the US:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_running#/media/File:Train_on_S_Mason_St_at_W_Laurel_St,_Ft_Collins.jpg

Agree. I've spent way too much time sitting waiting for trains like that to pass. They go really slowly in the cities. Sometime, when in a hurry I would detour around them. 

They're usually a few blocks from the most built up downtown areas, but not always. The one in this video is just like James' scenario.

• Like 1

Pauljag900

For anyone intrested here s My “Just For Fun”layout on YouTube.

• Like 9

Pauljag900

A couple of visitors are passing over 

46FAD029-824F-4CF7-89F5-0F0BC40AC0D8.thumb.jpeg.4eeeeecb182fc7384f22409795c23a4b.jpeg

CE511BBC-7AFA-4D83-91BE-C32DE2A30E41.thumb.jpeg.3a051f0870cf4dda923583d9384a06aa.jpeg

FD1E0853-0609-4C92-A143-4020AED5E58B.thumb.jpeg.484be1d7f8aaa72557260547ad01c388.jpeg

• Like 9

cteno4

Paul is just having too much fun, going to have to send out the fun police!

jeff

• Haha 3

chadbag

I know I am a bit late on the life size Gundam, but I believe it is now at Diver City (large mall) on Odaiba.  It was there the last several times we were there (as Unicorn Gundam) and from what I can tell it is still there.

Yugamu Tsuki

Speak of the devil, I just picked up a 1/144 Unicorn (and an RX-78-2 when I feel like going retro). Waiting for floor polish to come in so I can coat it before the panel lining. I'm going to need to build quite a few parts to represent Odaiba for my conglomeration layout.

• Like 1

Keith

I dragged the whole family to diver city to see it and we were a bit disappointed, because we were in Japan I expected it to do a bit more. Had some nice food there.