What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

21 hours ago, N-Osoi said:

I found the same with mine 😎 - post about it if you work out a fix!

For sure.  I'm meeting with our Friday night group and will see if any of them an idea.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, cplchanb said:

Recent new additions from RGR. 

20240525_224126.jpg

I have to ask, what is this?

• Like 1
Kamome
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, RS18U said:

The Shikoku Shinkansen.

Actually a Kiha 32 with an added 0 series tribute appendage. This is known as the Tetsudo Hobby train. It has model train displays on the real thing. It runs between Kubokawa and Uwajima stations.

https://www.jr-shikoku.co.jp/yodo_line/tetsudohobby.html

The model has had 2 or 3 runs from Microace. A7887 I believe. Everyone should own one. They get a lot of attention and I'd recommend adding some interior lighting as the simulated model displays are a printed glazing piece. 

There were also a few other themed Kiha trains like the Kaiyodo Hobby Ultraman train although that finished in 2022.

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Kamome said:

The Shikoku Shinkansen.

Thank you!  This really appeals to my sense of fun in model railroading, so will be looking out for one.

cplchanb
15 hours ago, RS18U said:

Its  MicroAce A7887 Kiha 32 Railroad Hobby Train based on the one run on the Yodo line

image.thumb.png.aef8ae88b3b1bf9e7ba86265fbe0b252.png

• Like 3
cplchanb
12 hours ago, RS18U said:

Thank you!  This really appeals to my sense of fun in model railroading, so will be looking out for one.

send an email out to RG Rokko. they can for sure hook you up with one. cost me 6300 yen approx 

• Like 3
SL58654号

Recent additions to my Japanese ferroequinology library.
A few more classics issues of TMS 鉄道模型趣味 came in the mail today. 
I also obtained the KATO 50th anniversary book in stunning condition for a cheap price on the same day.

S__68034597.thumb.jpg.89db96d1ff2f9d7f97cf201e0e92d530.jpgS__68034599.thumb.jpg.1980b4e5e3faf99ad66d0a20f20fa010.jpg

I also bought some Surform tools that are great for profiling foam, as I need to return to the landscape of my 桜木の湯線.

• Like 6
ED75-775
Posted (edited)

Heh, only one day in and I’m already accumulating trains like they’re going out of fashion! Proof of said feat:

image.thumb.jpg.da9120cc1b3c5154db3ea0b6103ec549.jpg

From Popondetta Shinjuku: two Tomytec buses, two Tomix KoKi container wagons, and the latest Tomix 19D containers. Plus, the latest Kato and Tomix catalogs (currently on my hotel room desk).

From Imon Shinjuku: the Micro Ace ToKi 10 gondolas.

From Hobbyland Pochi: another Micro Ace DeKi 300 electric locomotive.

From Hobby Center Kato: two packets of spare tyres, one set N’Ex open nose doors, some KoKi 200 container wagons, Tsugawa switch stands and the store’s last set of Micro Ace ReKi 1 bogie box wagons! Plus the 23-583 UT13C containers in a less conventional form… individually shrink-wrapped, with some assembly required. At ¥1,000 per container, that’s a moderately good discount.

From Mandarake Ryusenkeijiken: the Greenmax 30271 MaNi 44 sliding door boxcars. These have the same road numbers as the older 4213 set, but fret not - with some effort and a 6311 decal sheet, they’ll transform into completely ‘new’ wagons!

Also got some books but they’ll need a  post of their own due to file size.

The container wagon with the blue containers is currently looking for a new home - the previous owner decided to glue them down for whatever reason, and chose three of the same container number. My OCD doesn't like that! If anyone wants it they're welcome to send me a message.

Alastair

Edited by ED75-775
  • Like 7

Today was a pretty small order but a special one from RG-Rokko.

As you can see I got two Yamoto containers on a Koki I'm beyond happy right now.

I also received two GreenMax power bogies hey I won't turn away a power bogie.

And finally a couple of orange GreenMax JR 103/102 units to throw into the mix of my other blue JR 103/102 units.

20240603_183818.jpg

• Like 6
Kamome
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, bc6 said:

Today was a pretty small order

Shopping by colour perhaps?

The Ta Q Bin containers are nice. 

Edited by Kamome
  • Haha 1

Hmmmmmmmmm, Maybe and green isnt my favorite color. 

I would have purchased a couple more if I could, These are a grail for me.

Kamome
Posted (edited)

Certainly see a lot of these mixed “Necology” and Ta Q Bin containers, usually once a day on a long EH500 hauled train through Moji to Fukuoka. 

Seino and Sagawa are certainly less well represented in northern Kyushu but there is another daily train made up of predominately Fukuyama containers. 

Love the fact that even koki 107s end up the same colour as 50000s eventually. 

Inspiration

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 4

Nice video someday hopefully my luggage will be transported via Yamato container lol.

• Like 1

My wife sent me a note that a package from a hobby shop in Osaka Japan had arrived.  I think it's for something I pre-ordered from Plaza Japan that shipped May 28th.  Of course I'm on the road, this time in Atlanta, so won't see what it is till I'm back on Saturday.  I'll post photos then.  7 days is pretty amazing!

• Like 2
N-Osoi
7 hours ago, bc6 said:

I got two Yamoto containers

They are awesome! We used Yamoto heaps on our trip, I love the logo, would love some of these.

• Like 1
N-Osoi
Posted (edited)

Got a nice little second hand haul for a freight consist - will add the Yamato bits when I can! Also, need to go back to Japan to see a freight loco in person so I can pick it up 😛 

IMG_8469.thumb.JPG.443e08eb9eeb37b4a3a38065f565fbf7.JPG

Also a novice questions about these freight cars - they have a different coupler than the ones on my passenger trains. Is there a guide to the different coupler types anywhere? Do Freight locos have the couplers that will work with these? 

Edited by N-Osoi
asking about couplers
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, N-Osoi said:

Got a nice little second hand haul for a freight consist - will add the Yamato bits when I can! Also, need to go back to Japan to see a freight loco in person so I can pick it up 😛 

IMG_8469.thumb.JPG.443e08eb9eeb37b4a3a38065f565fbf7.JPG

Also a novice questions about these freight cars - they have a different coupler than the ones on my passenger trains. Is there a guide to the different coupler types anywhere? Do Freight locos have the couplers that will work with these? 

There should be a few guides to couplers on the forum best thing is to do a search. YouTube has some videos on coupler conversions but in Japanese. Ive actually done a GreenMax JR103 coupler conversion write up here and on my blog. 

• Like 1
beakaboy

easiest way to hook up different couplers for a train is to make a convertor wagon with a rapido coupler, as on your wagons, at one end and a kato knuckle coupler on the other. saves having to convert every wagon. The rapido don't look prototypical and are chunky, but seem to be very reliable in use. 

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, beakaboy said:

easiest way to hook up different couplers for a train is to make a convertor wagon with a rapido coupler, as on your wagons, at one end and a kato knuckle coupler on the other. saves having to convert every wagon. The rapido don't look prototypical and are chunky, but seem to be very reliable in use. 

I've been meaning to do that for a long time maybe I'll get to it tonight.

Kamome
Posted (edited)

Yes many options. Locos come with knuckle coupler replacements to rapidos, coaches and wagons generally don’t. Tomix loco rapido couplers are exceptionally horrendous looking in my view.

The most commonly found rolling stock couplers from Kato.

11-702 Knuckle couple 20x (11-707 if you want grey)

28-187 Short knuckle (reduces gap between wagons to almost prototypical looking distances. (28-188 if you want grey)

The first one will push couple but not uncouple, the latter, shorter one won’t push couple or uncouple so you’ll need to lift one over the other to couple the train. 

IMG_3624.jpeg

IMG_3623.jpeg

IMG_3622.jpeg

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 3
N-Osoi

Thanks all, very useful. Posting for my reference as well - took me a while to realise that the Kato freight cars come fitted with rapido couplers but it was confusing as I was googling Kato couplers and all I was finding were the replacement options as listed above! Good idea @beakaboy thanks

chadbag
On 5/26/2024 at 7:58 PM, N-Osoi said:

I found the same with mine 😎 - post about it if you work out a fix!

Maybe some PVA white glue on the led lense/housing?  Probably don't want to change the color so the orange/yeloow medium on the think won't work but maybe the dried PVA will tone it down.

• Like 1
chadbag
On 6/3/2024 at 4:53 PM, bc6 said:

And finally a couple of orange GreenMax JR 103/102 units to throw into the mix of my other blue JR 103/102 units.

man after my own heart.  You can never have too many JR103 and the Greenmax are really nice renditions of it in terms of how they look on a layout.

• Like 1
chadbag
23 hours ago, Kamome said:

Love the fact that even koki 107s end up the same colour as 50000s eventually. 

It's probably not true (at least outside of Hokkaido) but it seems to me the further away the Osaka--Tokyo are you are, the dingier the KoKi look...  I've noticed it a few times when we've taken longer trips away from our home base.  Both on trains passing through a station we're waiting at and at small yards we pass.  Especially on Hokkaido.