What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Tony Galiani

A random selection of items from my last orders   With the cheaper shipping option from Hobbysearch and their recent sale as well as the free shipping weekends from Suruga-Ya, I indulged a bit more than normal and grabbed a bunch of detail and scenic items recently.  Didn't know Tomytec did paper building kits so decided to try one of them along with more Sankei items and some Tsugowa items.  A couple of diesels and DMUs as well.

Ciao,

Tony

IMG_1406.jpg

• Like 10
Whywaite

This was ordered over a two week period whilst on holiday so it was all here when I returned. As we will be moving in the next couple of years I decided to go the unitrack route rather than start a permanent layout. 
Shaun

IMG_3634.jpeg

• Like 16
32 minutes ago, Whywaite said:

This was ordered over a two week period whilst on holiday so it was all here when I returned. As we will be moving in the next couple of years I decided to go the unitrack route rather than start a permanent layout.

Oh myy thats a haul worthy of Christmas and Birthday combined.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Tony Galiani said:

Didn't know Tomytec did paper building kits

It’s a recent addition and the intention is they wrap over a stack of Tomix jewel cases. Have a load from Yamato Koki I was going to recycle so this is a smart idea. Not to say you can’t create your own. 

• Thanks 1
Whywaite
10 hours ago, Wolf said:

Oh myy thats a haul worthy of Christmas and Birthday combined.

I’ve sold up in another scale and outline 

• Like 1
Kingmeow
16 hours ago, Whywaite said:

Shaun

IMG_3634.jpeg

Yikes!  Can't imagine the size of the shipping box all this came in!  😲

• Like 1

Found Kato V3 pack for what seemed a reasonable price (approx AUD$100) so snapped that up. Have heaps of layout options now!

Yes! Seemed like good value considering the contents.

3 points, 3 switches, plus some straights and buffers.

Edited by N-Osoi
Whywaite

Had two more deliveries over the holiday weekend and this morning, hopefully I’ve enough track to be going on with

shaun

IMG_3777.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Whywaite
  • Like 6
lighthouse

Yesterday, after a long search, I finally received the last Hokkaido bus "Hokkaido Kitami Bus" from Tomytec. So I have every bus ever released on Hokkaido that Tomytec had manufactured in the past. Now only the future buses come into question.... Which collection area am I aiming for now? I also treated myself to the railroad Rumoi (Hokkaido) Kiha 1000 Series from Tomytec as a must have. Another model to motorize and convert... 😅

DSC_0087.thumb.jpg.9b6412905c0f8c31931e394f98ff3ef9.jpg

• Like 5

I got this cool little JRF Ko from Japan today to warm me up for what's showing up on Friday.

20240403_191100.jpg

20240403_191723.jpg

• Like 5
VentureForth

Well, after 11 weeks, finally got my surface package from Hobby Search!

IMG_1835.jpeg

• Like 4

This delivery is the latest installment of delivery from Japan which I think will have the last of my Koki acquisitions. I got a nice 2-car JR 103 kit from GreenMax which looks really nice and I'm looking forward to putting it together. I also got the final set of TOYOTA containers to complete a Koki set. There are some nice TOMYTEC Sagawa trucks in this delivery and finally a Kato case for extra Koki.

20240408_180801.jpg

• Like 6
Kingmeow

Are the Kato (and Greenmax) sets shrink wrapped by the retailer?  I've never seen Kato sets sold like that.  I do like the extra protection from moisture/dampness.

Yes many retails will put everything in plastic bags and tape them up well. Saved me once when an Sal package with three Tomytec motor units showed up soaked! While the bag was not completely taped up but it kept the vast majority of the moisture out of the bag and only the mech boxes were a bit damp and the motor units dry inside their internal plastic holders. I think just to protect from some spot moisture not the soaking my box got. But out of many hundreds of boxes from japan it was the only one that showed signs of getting wet!

jeff

Kingmeow the GreenMax kit was not shrinkwrapped but the parts were bagged. The Kato Koki and Train case were shrink-wrapped.

JR East
On 4/4/2024 at 1:26 AM, bc6 said:

I got this cool little JRF Ko from Japan today to warm me up for what's showing up on Friday.

20240403_191100.jpg

20240403_191723.jpg

I get the same on Sept'23 during the Tokyo Auto-ID & Logistics Fair at Tokyo Big Sight on JRF stand. There are 3 kinds : green / blue / marroon

IMG20240408183425.thumb.jpg.51aa3a31e3990f31658b6f08d2a49064.jpg

• Like 5
12 hours ago, Kingmeow said:

I've never seen Kato sets sold like that.

I have received some shrinkwrapped sets, but most of the times they are opened for inspection before shipped, the rare occasions I got them shrinked was when I commercially purchased a full box (usually 12 units on bookcases)

It seems that whoever takes them out of the box unwraps them.

• Like 1

JR EAST that's a nice looking container, I'm trying to get a few more st non-crazy prices lol.

They’re pretty cool and only ¥110 inc. tax each from Daiso or Seria (¥100 stores) 

I have most of my hobby tools and other bits in them on my desk. You can get a Koki to store them (also ¥100) or a truck trailer. All this cost ¥1300 plus tax.

IMG_3093.jpeg

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 5

Im back again after rescuing my TOMIX 98487 from the Post Office today lol.

20240410_111121.jpg

• Like 7

My Kato V3 kit arrived today, not bad considering ordered March 31, free shipping option to Aus.

IMG_8012 2.jpg

• Like 3