Jump to content
bc6

What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

Recommended Posts

Pauljag900

People, do we really need an excuse? Truth of the matter is we re weak👍😂😂

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
cteno4

No strong with rationalizations!

 

jeff

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Pauljag900

So to iterate ME being weak,last year I switched to g scale as I was finding n scale hard to handle with my arthritis,so much for that statement!!😂😂

truth is i just can t help myself👍👍😂

so here we go again,these just arrived this morning,

 

326ACA64-00EC-49D4-B65E-F6CBD8FF1AF7.thumb.jpeg.98a6aa09f63b94cff5d700cd76e5d711.jpeg

 

it’s not everything I need to make my plan but enough to make a small loop,

 

A7C02084-094E-4F1F-AC33-3ECDBDA597DC.thumb.jpeg.8f5f4b9ef4cdf9abc15d4a25a9026c49.jpeg

 

the baseboard will be 120x73 cms and will sit from the train layout up to the end and will come out as far as the tall unit,making the overall layout slightly L shaped.

 

661D7869-0B16-4613-87E8-CD2C32B1775B.thumb.jpeg.b8b3ae203ee9984a8c51dad12d75cf97.jpeg

Edited by Pauljag900
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
railsquid

Weak? Nah, it's all about helping the economy. Had a pleasant amble around Akihabara today hoping to find a KiRo 25 to complete my early Alps set, and some other stuff which I just happened to come across, as one does.

 

purchases-2020-09-19.thumb.jpg.a5fe36df5ef46050b8676eaae9334538.jpg

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Pauljag900

I totally get that buddy!!👍😂
 

I m soooooooo glad we do nt have a local hobby shop! I can t resist as it is!!! And that’s buying stuff I need,lord only knows what I’d be buying when just “browsing”😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
NateJ93

Money's been tight for me lately, but I was finally able to complete my motive power roster for my layout with a DD51, EF64, EF81, and of course a D51 (I love steamers, what can I say?).

1637852095_20200919_070402-Copy.thumb.jpg.787a8d370b9d638f1b60389479c3b081.jpg

I had previously picked up the DE10 and the "Steeple cab" switcher (As similar locos are called in the US) at a train show last year.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
cteno4
6 hours ago, railsquid said:

it's all about helping the economy.


yes yes that’s it! No weakness! 
 

who am I kidding... this showed up yesterday.

 

jeff

EA2EB4AA-3112-49FC-9D53-840F6135F3B8.jpeg

75090C2D-6F30-484A-8668-220DD12EB995.jpeg

F2D24A01-C48E-4D9B-B324-01E70B7EBADF.jpeg

B95CFEB3-B93F-4344-AC15-2372278DBA13.jpeg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
bill937ca
8 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

So to iterate ME being weak,last year I switched to g scale as I was finding n scale hard to handle with my arthritis,so much for that statement!!😂😂

truth is i just can t help myself👍👍😂

so here we go again,these just arrived this morning,

 

326ACA64-00EC-49D4-B65E-F6CBD8FF1AF7.thumb.jpeg.98a6aa09f63b94cff5d700cd76e5d711.jpeg

 

it’s not everything I need to make my plan but enough to make a small loop,

the baseboard will be 120x73 cms and will sit from the train layout up to the end and will come out as far as the tall unit,making the overall layout slightly L shaped.

 

 

Did you break the bank?  I think I did. 🙂

Edited by bill937ca
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Pauljag900

Yes Bill,that’s why I’ve only got half of what I need👍😂😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
deathletter

Okay.... I got my first order of 20 packages from a service (I refuse to name them 😡). It was shipped from Japan to TX on the 9th and arrived on the 11th using DHL. Very fast shipping and the box was in perfect shape. It should be for the money I paid, lol 😵. The box weighed 29 pounds! Anyway, what you see below are photos of the box, diesel / electric locomotives and steam locomotives. Their are many freight cars Kawai, Kato, Tomix and maybe a few Greenmax / Micro Ace(?). I will upload those in another post in a day or two. The two Seibu Electrics are part of a group of two Kato Mitsubishi Taki sets that I got in one auction. The EF66 came with some containers if I remember correctly? Nothing has been tested yet. Anyway, enough rambling for now....

 

box.thumb.jpg.cfc1b469a3d1b8b1bfcc60abc3faa03b.jpgdiesel.thumb.jpg.7f072323bff6d921344165467643bcc4.jpgsteam.thumb.jpg.dce13f4e624d1ea9e7874ae47ab8d05a.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
gavino200
4 hours ago, cteno4 said:


yes yes that’s it! No weakness! 
 

who am I kidding... this showed up yesterday.

 

jeff

 

B95CFEB3-B93F-4344-AC15-2372278DBA13.jpeg

 

That looks great. Sort of wish I ordered one now. You know I don't own a single Greenmax or MicroAce train!!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
gavino200
5 minutes ago, deathletter said:

Okay.... I got my first order of 20 packages from a service (I refuse to name them 😡). It was shipped from Japan to TX on the 9th and arrived on the 11th using DHL. Very fast shipping and the box was in perfect shape. It should be for the money I paid, lol 😵. The box weighed 29 pounds! Anyway, what you see below are photos of the box, diesel / electric locomotives and steam locomotives. Their are many freight cars Kawai, Kato, Tomix and maybe a few Greenmax / Micro Ace(?). I will upload those in another post in a day or two. The two Seibu Electrics are part of a group of two Kato Mitsubishi Taki sets that I got in one auction. The EF66 came with some containers if I remember correctly? Nothing has been tested yet. Anyway, enough rambling for now....

 

diesel.thumb.jpg.7f072323bff6d921344165467643bcc4.jpgsteam.thumb.jpg.dce13f4e624d1ea9e7874ae47ab8d05a.jpg

 

What's that red Steamie?

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
deathletter
3 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

 

What's that red Steamie?

 

Micro Ace A9711 9600-29660 - a 2-8-0

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
cteno4
1 hour ago, deathletter said:

Okay.... I got my first order of 20 packages from a service


omg! That’s just the first of 20? Starting a train shop?! Wow!

 

i guess I’m not one to talk at times I think my office looks like a small Japanese train shop packed to the gills!

 

jeff

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
deathletter
6 minutes ago, cteno4 said:


omg! That’s just the first of 20? Starting a train shop?! Wow!

 

jeff

 

Only 54 left and they are all freight cars and locomotives except for a three pack of Tomix passenger cars.... 😁

Share this post


Link to post
cteno4
5 hours ago, gavino200 said:

You know I don't own a single Greenmax or MicroAce train!!


this needs to be rectified.

 

jeff

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
disturbman
6 hours ago, gavino200 said:

You know I don't own a single Greenmax or MicroAce train!!

 


😱 How can you live with yourself?!

 

😘

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
nah00

Random order from Hobbysearch, mostly line-side details and a few things that I was waiting to come back in stock. One question though, the kit on the left side, are the elevated speed limit signs for temporary speed restrictions? The speed signs I see are the little rectangles almost at track level. Also will be arranging the letters on the bike shop correctly.

HSsep.thumb.jpg.adce2571c8666590ed43e313e8b15313.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
deathletter

Okay.... this should be the rest of the stuff that I got:

Picture 1: Kato fish 16 cars total, two sets of Mitsubishi Takis, Micro Ace Chiki container set,  Kato / Tomix container cars (this came with the EF66) and two random Kato 2 packs (Wamu woodchip cars and Hitachi Takis)

Picture 2: Kawai sets

Picture 3: Mostly Tomix with 4 Kato 2 packs (Sekis and Wamu 90000). The Komus and Kato fish cars (yes more of them) were in one auction and the Chiki flats with rails (and a random container car with rails?) were in a separate auction. I forget about the Bandai Takis.

 

Sets.thumb.jpg.bdf5e81658d621f6b1c10a2bfd82299a.jpgKawai.thumb.jpg.2002bde5f1014143fbe33ba647d65343.jpg1742228035_TomixKato.thumb.jpg.226dbdf9f54f0b418d4eae281e25109c.jpg

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
cteno4

Wow, that is a peck (don’t know what you call a group of rr stuff!) of freight cars! Nice haul.

 

jeff

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
chadbag
2 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Wow, that is a peck (don’t know what you call a group of rr stuff!) of freight cars! Nice haul.

 

jeff

 

I don't know either what they are called but I like "Gaggle" myself.  Don't know why but it just sounds "correct".

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Cat

I think it's a 'yard'.

: 3

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
ED75-775
18 hours ago, deathletter said:

Okay.... this should be the rest of the stuff that I got:

Picture 1: Kato fish 16 cars total, two sets of Mitsubishi Takis, Micro Ace Chiki container set,  Kato / Tomix container cars (this came with the EF66) and two random Kato 2 packs (Wamu woodchip cars and Hitachi Takis)

Sets.thumb.jpg.bdf5e81658d621f6b1c10a2bfd82299a.jpg

 

Nice haul! BTW what's the number on the top Kato fish van set - the one with the combined van/guard's van? I can recall seeing something very similar when I was at the Railway Museum in Omiya last year and it's now got me thinking 'maybe I'd like to have one of those'.

 

I can't claim anything as big with my next three packages, but I'm looking forward to receiving them eagerly. One has six second-hand Kato and Tomix wagons plus an eight-car Kato 500 Series Shinkansen for good measure (an older model but a runner!), the second is mostly spare parts courtesy of Zenmarket, and the third has the bits I'm really excited for: the Kato 8620 class steam locomotive and matching Hanawa Line freight train. First time I've brought a new N scale locomotive, all my others are second-hand.

 

I don't know if I'll buy any more N scale stuff soon, but continuing in that holiday vein I'd love to have the SL Yamaguchi and steam locomotive D51 200, plus a single KiHa 40 DMU to run on my layout and remind me of a day spent travelling on the Yamaguchi after trekking down to Kyushu for the morning (flying visit to the Kyushu Railway Museum and Popondetta Hakata!). It was definitely well worth it!

 

Chomonkyo 20190525.jpg

SL Yamaguchi 20190525.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Yavianice

@deathletter wow that's a cool haul. I've been looking for the Kawaii TAKI 50000 for quite a while. Can I ask where you managed to obtain those?

Share this post


Link to post
Kamome
On 9/20/2020 at 10:25 AM, gavino200 said:

What's that red Steamie?

Apparently a 9600 used as a shunting loco in the Aomori region. Orange body and a safety mark on the tender.

 

@deathletterI’m very envious of those fish vans.

Edited by Kamome

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...