What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

2 hours ago, chadbag said:

In all fairness, someone else posted the same blue and yellow JR EF64 a few weeks ago... 🙂

Aha, thought I'd seen one somewhere, it was probably the subconscious memory which prompted me to buy it. Now I know who to blame 😉

• Haha 2

Another small parcel from Ami, and finally, the E235!

Really a lovely train... loved how Kato already attached all the misc. parts, printed all the car numbers, side destination boards and signs, has the closer couplers and even included 2 additional front destination boards (Tokyo, Shinagawa) and (Ikebukuro, Ueno)... Truly an easy choice this time...

20180525_111812.jpg

20180525_111822.jpg

20180525_111925.jpg

20180525_111929.jpg

20180525_144348.jpg

• Like 4

Still haven't succumbed to an E235. Definitely not, no never.

Meanwhile, deary me, look what popped out of the tunnel, yet another Azusa variant.

42318320272_445fc177e5_z.jpg

Kato 183-0 Series by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Going by the description on the auction site, from the same owner as the Kato 103 a page or two back, i.e. purchased in the early 2000s and never actually used, so in beautiful as-new condition for a reasonably small number of yen, apart from the horrible screechy motor which is no longer screechy thanks to a drop or two of Kato Unioil.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Another small parcel from Ami, and finally, the E235!

You know to me the E235 looks like a sardine can with doors.  :tongue3:

Edited by bill937ca

Luckily most of my commuter and non Shinkansen stuff is Kansai based.  The E235 is a nice looking train.  But except for some speciality trains, like the E231 Sumikko Gurashi for my daughter, and some resort trains (HB-300 etc) I can resist the Tokyo / Non-Kansai based stuff 🙂 😇

Edited by chadbag
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, railsquid said:

Still haven't succumbed to an E235. Definitely not, no never.

Meanwhile, deary me, look what popped out of the tunnel, yet another Azusa variant.

Your wonder tunnel is beginning to make me think it is like Doremon's pouch... always full of surprises!

9 hours ago, railsquid said:

See - my resolve is as tough as military-grade titanium.

It's a crime NOT to have a E235 for someone who is actually staying so close to one!   😛

9 hours ago, bill937ca said:

You know to me the E235 looks like a sardine can with doors.  :tongue3:

My first sentiments too, but getting the set makes me think otherwise... Kato really did a GREAT job on this model!

6 hours ago, chadbag said:

Luckily most of my commuter and non Shinkansen stuff is Kansai based.  The E235 is a nice looking train.  But except for some speciality trains, like the E231 Sumikko Gurashi for my daughter, and some resort trains (HB-300 etc) I can resist the Tokyo / Non-Kansai based stuff 🙂 😇

Resistance is futile! That's what I told myself initially (to stick to JR East and Kanto region only), and see what happened to a weak-minded me over the years....  

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Suica said:

Have fun making custom destination signs. 😛

All I need is 試運転 :D

9 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

My first sentiments too, but getting the set makes me think otherwise... Kato really did a GREAT job on this model!

Yup, it sounds a bit paradoxical but though I'm still not a fan of the prototype, the model is very well done and is completely convincing (OK, I haven't measured the positioning of every last rivet ;) ).

• Like 1
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:10 AM, Philphil said:

To top it off, the long-awaited Tobu 10000-series 10-car set finally showed up! Along with another 30000-series 4-car set. But knowing my history with those things, I probably shouldn't have gotten it, since I'll just crash it into another train, like I always do! 😂

(Hey, wait, when did the emojis get updated?!)

You know Phil, when I saw this video, I just had to show it to poison you.... sorry about that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Welshbloke
19 hours ago, railsquid said:

Historical Yamanote Line train lineup:

42386918521_f9c8d39c51_z.jpg

yamanote-line-trains-1 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

27516582287_72d43727ce_z.jpg

yamanote-line-trains-2 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Roughly what I'm aiming at! Got the 103 and E231 along with a six car set of 11 Series so far, planning to order an E235 when they turn up on Amazon and possibly another dummy KuMoHa 11 pair.

Yamanote 205 Series seem hard to find on eBay, at least for sensible money. All I have is a lone SaHa 204 which was cheap on Amazon Marketplace.

Das Steinkopf
2 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

You know Phil, when I saw this video, I just had to show it to poison you.... sorry about that!

You two crack me up, it's like watching smack junkies swapping their dealers phone numbers and then seeing who is the first one to race off and score a hit.

• Haha 8
EH500 (12)
3 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

You two crack me up, it's like watching smack junkies swapping their dealers phone numbers and then seeing who is the first one to race off and score a hit.

Some do drugs, some do japanese N-gauge and all say they can stop if they want. 

• Haha 8

Tomix 3247 Trough Bridge

Tomix 1232 Mini Electric Turnout N-PL140-30(F)

Tomytec 115 Film Crew (Take a Picture People)

IMG_6127 crop 1024 x 768.jpg

• Like 3
On 5/28/2018 at 4:00 AM, JR 500系 said:

OH NO, YOU REMINDED ME THAT I STILL NEED TO GET THE SKYTREE TRAIN! I'D FORGOTTEN ABOUT THAT UNTIL NOW! 😅

23 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh my gosh, you're right! How did I never notice that until you pointed it out!? 😂

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf
1 hour ago, Philphil said:

OH NO, YOU REMINDED ME THAT I STILL NEED TO GET THE SKYTREE TRAIN! I'D FORGOTTEN ABOUT THAT UNTIL NOW! 😅

Sammy did own one of those but he sold it a while back, I swear when it comes to trains he treats them like a woman does with what's in season fashion wise, when they're new in stock he races out and buys them and then 6 to 12 months down the track he is trying to sell them off.

3 hours ago, EH500 (9) said:

One week of Ebay madness.

Atleast the Aoshima figures were a gift.

So are we up to (11) now?  😁

• Like 1
EH500 (12)
49 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

So are we up to (11) now?  😁

No no no no no! :nono:

Those are EH800s not EH500s.

I only have three EH800s anyways.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, EH500 (9) said:

No no no no no! :nono:

Those are EH800s not EH500s.

I only have three EH800s anyways.

Well now you'll have to change your username! Maybe something along the lines of EH500 (9)/EH800 (3)

• Haha 4