What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Yeah, I've mostly standardized on kato rolling stock for the ability to connect different locos, passenger cars, and freight cars together using knuckle couplers, and the ease of converting to DCC.  But I really like the looks of the HG Kiha's, and since they dont have to connect to anything but each other I've been getting tomix HG there.  I feel the buzzing issue may be in loose motor mounts, so I may take one apart to see if any shims can fix the problem. 

the_weird_one

It took them 18 months to send a package 70 miles?

With the Royal Fail that wouldn't actually be a surprise

No, I've had a lot of stuff happen in the last 7 months that have stopped me ordering the bits and prior to that money wasn't there to do it in one go

scotspensioner

I've recently had a good experience with Hattons's.Some very kind person passed some Kato trains on to them for resale pre owned.I played a hunch and I now have a mint condition 12 coach Hokutusei and a 6 coach Shinona!

Both were on my eventual plans( for fun!) but I didn't expect to get them that easy!

Only thing is the tables barely big enough for an ef500 and 12 coaches but it looks good!

• Like 4

Ding ding ding ding! Nice when that happens, especially w.o all those ems and parcel farce charges!

Jeff

• Like 2

Somehow the little people of the S.R.R.C. managed to find a train shed for their rebuilding project... currently they are in negotiations about buying or leasing a piece of ground not far from Nekomori. :)

post-4432-0-90766300-1493321320_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

A pile of tiny seated people to use in trains. I'm afraid there will be amputations in store for many...

Also 10 Lm334 current limiting chips as I can't find ones I bought a couple of years back and was playing with.

Jeff

• Like 2

I've recently had a good experience with Hattons's.Some very kind person passed some Kato trains on to them for resale pre owned.I played a hunch and I now have a mint condition 12 coach Hokutusei and a 6 coach Shinona!

Both were on my eventual plans( for fun!) but I didn't expect to get them that easy!

Only thing is the tables barely big enough for an ef500 and 12 coaches but it looks good!

The Hattons 2nd hand section can have some nice finds, it's where I get most of my British stuff from at the moment.

• Like 1

Just noticed that Nariichi-san is supplying drop-in LED lightboards for the Kato 205s so have ordered some :D

Arrived this morning, excellent service, I'll put them in over the weekend :)

Starting to get funny looks from the Japan Post guy mind, over the last week or so he's been delivering packages marked "model railway", and that during weekday mornings (I work from home usually...)

• Like 9

Welcome to my world,mthe postal guy finally had to ask after a couple of years and now wants to know what I get!

Jeff

• Like 1
scotspensioner

Railsquid

You might be amused to know that when ordering the Japanese models,I cancelled a Hornby R3402 Queen of Scots Pullman ordered last year.Due to domestic and health issues I've laid my Hornby collection aside.

This was intended to be a violin till I could get back into it.

What was planned as 4 trains and some track is now 16 trains and counting.Im truly smitten!!!

• Like 2

bought this little thing cheaply at local show

post-3935-0-14642900-1493388306_thumb.jpg

and fancy having a go converting to this type of food trailer

post-3935-0-74290600-1493388307_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Railsquid

You might be amused to know that when ordering the Japanese models,I cancelled a Hornby R3402 Queen of Scots Pullman ordered last year.Due to domestic and health issues I've laid my Hornby collection aside.

This was intended to be a violin till I could get back into it.

What was planned as 4 trains and some track is now 16 trains and counting.Im truly smitten!!!

Oh I know that feeling well
scotspensioner

Moral of the story is don't get interested in Japanese Railways .Then don't use the internet to YouTube the real thing!.Finally don't Google Kato trains!!!!

68 and watched trains since was in nappies--- need I say more !Thanks for your comments lads!!

temporary_zps1x4ov0es_edit_1493404269725

Finally got another controller as they were in stock again. Plus a tunnel portal to measure the holes I will need in my backscene and a Leyland Atlantean.

• Like 3
scotspensioner

I was watching a cab ride on YouTube the other night and somewhere in Japan there's a Leyland Atlantan type double decker in a scrap yard .It was a red one but I can't say where it was!

• Like 1

I was watching a cab ride on YouTube the other night and somewhere in Japan there's a Leyland Atlantan type double decker in a scrap yard .It was a red one but I can't say where it was!

Cool, do you have a link? I do love the old Atlantean\fleetliners.

Amazon jp and DHL teams up very well again! I believe this was released on Wednesday, and arrived to USA today.

14CE8326-6E97-48C0-BCAA-BDFA059745EB_zps

337FE3C9-77DD-4012-AB9D-F42E23B6B2CE_zps

• Like 5
scotspensioner

Sorry,I can't even tell you where it was because it was all in Japanese script which I haven't even attempted to learn apart for the symbols for the train name Asakaze!I watch a lot of stuff so it could be 2 or 300 entries back on my viewing history.Incidentally I was once catapulted down the stairs of an Edinburgh one on Princes Street when the driver braked sharply to avoid a woman who stepped out in front of him!

Up here there's a number preserved at a bus museum near Dunfermline in Fife.

Sorry I can't tell you more

By the way ,I'm Alex

• Like 1

I am very jealous of people sharing their super-rapid delivery with DHL. Unfortunately my EMS delivery from Nariichi has been stuck in customs for more than 2 weeks now. Another shipment with SAL was shipped at a later date and arrived earlier than my EMS shipment, in record time (4 business days). Why is EMS so much more expensive if it is much slower, I wonder?

Anyway, I received some really nice items most of you already have I think.

- TOMIX high grade C11

- TOMIX EVA 500 (definitely worth the wait!)

- KATO E885 Around the Kyushu (2017 release, loving the cornering technique)

- Minitrix TRAXX Van Gogh. 

I also got some cars from KATO to go with my city scenery, with some more items on order  :love10:

post-4447-0-50369700-1493425169_thumb.jpg

• Like 7
Das Steinkopf

Not so much of what the postman delivered it's more like what was the contents of my suitcase from my recent trip, this does not include the pre order from AmiAmi that I received when I was in Tokyo. I visited a decent number of stores on my trip, my favourites would have to be Yodobashi, Modeltrainplus and Joshin in Nagoya which had a superb range of products, Poppondetta has a great range but is a bit pricey and shopping at Tam Tam was a rather pleasant experience this time, mind you the rude manager that was there two years ago was nowhere to be seen.

post-3083-0-84317800-1493429142_thumb.jpg

post-3083-0-69004900-1493431469_thumb.jpg

post-3083-0-45087100-1493431509_thumb.jpg

post-3083-0-45975400-1493431562_thumb.jpg

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 13