What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Kato 885 series White Sonic, Tomytec TM-LRT01 and Kumamoto Type 0800 tram arrived this week.

The Sonic's tilt mech is a very good, but simple in design kit.  The Tomytec LRT stuff is a hell alot better than the Kato Hiroshima Type 200 I just recently sold.

Micro Ace Kiha47 Ibusuki no Tamatebako 2 car set.  Hopefully HS come good, didn't think they'd have one for a while since it was recently a pre order new release.  Find out n a day or two if it is really in stock or not.

Mine must be on it's way.  HS has taken my money and points.

Two packages at nce!

Renewal zoo train showed up today, thanks loco1! Very nice train, bright and colorful and fun.

Also my aru9 kits from modeltrainplus! These look to be really fin kits. Got the mow loco with the crane and a set of work cars. Can't wait until I have the time to star building them!

Jeff

Two packages at nce!

Renewal zoo train showed up today, thanks loco1! Very nice train, bright and colorful and fun.

Also my aru9 kits from modeltrainplus! These look to be really fin kits. Got the mow loco with the crane and a set of work cars. Can't wait until I have the time to star building them!

Jeff

Jeff

Got a train show this weekend in Dayton, so i will be running my new Zoo train....this should be fun!.

Jeff

Got a train show this weekend in Dayton, so i will be running my new Zoo train....this should be fun!.

Cool! Can't wait to run both old and new at the same time!

Jeff

My approach to Japanese prototype models has been "emotional" rather than well researched. The two sets I have purchased happen to be both Kyushu based. The first was the series 800 Shinkansen. My latest is the kato 10-410 Shiroi Kamome. So at least my stuff is from one island.

Putting a Digitrax DZ125 decoder in both was very easy. I have not connected the lights to decoders so they just stay on at the front and the rear. This doesn't bother me so I'm just going to leave that as it is.

I still have to build a Greenmax Endoden kit and another commuter pair.

Fun stuff,

Dave

Edited by dottney

Good luck man. That sucks big time! It's a beautiful looking train though.

I received this morning the missing parts...

Very honest seller!

lurkingknight

was hoping to combine 2 powered chassis for 2 more snow miku shells I had coming... but HS won't do that.. so guess I'm eating the shipping on separate packages. bummer.

Been away for a short while, but was nice to see this package at home waiting for my return!

A few Tomytec buses sets! Can't get enough of them! Also got my first Kyosho bus, have to say, the details are excellent and the model itself is heavy as it is diecast.. Abit on the costy side though..

Can't wait for the Tomytec moving bus system to release the junction next month!

post-819-0-15845000-1393388546_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-87607800-1393388562_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-31474700-1393388580_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-77749700-1393388595_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-96828400-1393388608_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-10183000-1393388625_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Collected D51 from Post Office and paid the Customs etc. Opening the box revealed the parcel had had a rough time. The loco was out of the plastic frame with the tender rammed under the cab. Also the chimney was missing, but was found in the box. Luckily the loco sprung into life when tested and I can glue the chimney back on. 

The head light on the Hokkaido version 2016-3 cannot be turned off using the chimney as with the other versions so it should be OK. 

First time I have had something arrive like this from HS and Japan. 

Malcolm

Collected D51 from Post Office and paid the Customs etc. Opening the box revealed the parcel had had a rough time. The loco was out of the plastic frame with the tender rammed under the cab. Also the chimney was missing, but was found in the box. Luckily the loco sprung into life when tested and I can glue the chimney back on. 

The head light on the Hokkaido version 2016-3 cannot be turned off using the chimney as with the other versions so it should be OK. 

First time I have had something arrive like this from HS and Japan. 

Malcolm

Mine arrived with the chimney loose in the box too, might be something to do with the original packing of the locos in the boxes rather than HS.

Hi

The plastic tray that fits under the loco was damaged in transit as I found several broken grey pins in the box. This caused the loco to slide within the foam packaging. This did its job .

No criticism of HS or Kato. I don't think the equivalent Bachmann or Hornby loco would have survived as well .

Malcolm

After faithfully checking my mailbox/porch everyday for the past two and a half weeks, today, to my delight, I found the items I had bought from Loco1Hobby had arrived!  :icon_cheers: 
There was no damage to the contents inside, or even the box for that matter, despite it raining heavily today.
Kudos to Mr. Keitaro and my mailman.  :icon_thumright:

post-2207-0-20708900-1393732128_thumb.jpg

post-2207-0-29957800-1393732136_thumb.jpg

post-2207-0-03746700-1393732144_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sohan24

What you get a decoder for?  How many lines and trains you got running?  From your other thread, it didn't sound like many.

Edited by katoftw
Krackel Hopper

What you get a decoder for? How many lines and trains you got running? From your other thread, it didn't sound like many.

If he's planning DCC it's best to start from the beginning and install decoders with every train purchase. Otherwise he'll end up in a situation where he has to purchase & install tens or hundreds of decoders in the future. If I were to switch to DCC tomorrow, I'd have to purchase 88 decoders.. and that is just for motors.. who knows how many more for all the lighting..

Even running a single train on DCC has its advantages. Turning on/off the head/tail/interior lighting independently while the train is still parked at the station.. things of that nature.

Not to mention, soon as he purchases a second train w/ decoder he'll be adle to run two trains on one track..

Edited by Krackel Hopper
  • Like 1

If he's planning DCC it's best to start from the beginning and install decoders with every train purchase. Otherwise he'll end up in a situation where he has to purchase & install tens or hundreds of decoders in the future. If I were to switch to DCC tomorrow, I'd have to purchase 88 decoders.. and that is just for motors.. who knows how many more for all the lighting..

Even running a single train on DCC has its advantages. Turning on/off the head/tail/interior lighting independently while the train is still parked at the station.. things of that nature.

Not to mention, soon as he purchases a second train w/ decoder he'll be adle to run two trains on one track..

You're spot on Krackel Hopper. I'm planning on going the DCC route in the future, and bought the decoder for use later.

I'm currently running DC and this is my first N scale train. 

I'm going to save up so I can buy a Digitrax Zephyr hopefully by June. 

Hello Mr Sohan24,

Digitrax Zephyr is a good choice.  The Kato decoders support Digitrax Transponding too.

Also, no need to post the Loco1hobby invoice in future .... looks like you're getting a better deal than me ... ;)

• Like 1