What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Martijn Meerts

Well, they actually do have those things in the Netherlands as well, amazingly enough :)

I'll probably order a more universal one with adjustable voltage output and different plug types. Bit more expensive, but very useful.

• Like 1
Krackel Hopper

Finally received my December pre-orders:

A MicroAce DD16

Shorty DD51s

Shorty Taki 43000 tankers

Shorty Girls und Panzer

Greenmax Toyoko Inn

This is the first time I've ever had something arrive broken. My pre-built Toyoko Inn turned out to be a kit. All 4 walls, base, roof & roof billboard were all in pieces at the bottom of the box.. along with 18 little 90* tabs and a few other pieces. Luckily nothing was truly broken. I pieced everything together.. the only parts I have not yet attached are the roof (glues to sides) and the billboard (glues to roof) and I can see the glue marks on the parts so it will be easy to finish up..

Edited by Krackel Hopper
Finally received my December pre-orders:

A MicroAce DD16

Shorty DD51s

Shorty Taki 43000 tankers

Shorty Girls und Panzer

Greenmax Toyoko Inn

This is the first time I've ever had something arrive broken. My pre-built Toyoko Inn turned out to be a kit. All 4 walls, base, roof & roof billboard were all in pieces at the bottom of the box.. along with 18 little 90* tabs and a few other pieces. Luckily nothing was truly broken. I pieced everything together.. the only parts I have not yet attached are the roof (glues to sides) and the billboard (glues to roof) and I can see the glue marks on the parts so it will be easy to finish up..

My Toyoko Inn arrived the same way.

I got this from ebay awhile back. Seller doesnt ship to Manila so I had my cousin in Hawaii get it for me.  He shipped December 20 and I got it Jan 06...... not bad considering it ran smack thru the holiday season.

post-1282-0-79869500-1389951227_thumb.jpg

This next package is my longest SAL delivery to date - 47 days! HS shipped this last Nov.29 and I just got it today Jan 17.  Chuck it to the last holiday season I guess. 

post-1282-0-92369700-1389951308_thumb.jpg

SAL did make it up to me on this 2nd package which arrived today............ 3 catalogs from MTP. Shipped Jan 6 and arrived today the 17th. Just 11 days this time.

post-1282-0-23664100-1389951255_thumb.jpg

Third package today was again SAL via HS - shipped Dec.27 and got it today Jan.17 ........20 days this time.

post-1282-0-67161700-1389951279_thumb.jpg

Im still waiting on a HS package that was shipped last Dec.12 via SAL .............. nothing yet.

Mardon

mardon,

nice haul! I had some SAL packages over the xmas and new years holidays that took almost 3 weeks to get here. everything slowed down i think.

jeff

Just ordered a back issue of January's Japan Railfan Magazine, the Kato 2014 Catalog and the Tomix 2014 Catalog from Kinokuniya Los Angeles today.  Hope they can find that back issue of Railfan for me.  I already have February's issue from when I was in Japan over the holidays and hope to be able to collect all the issues this year.  Also an order from MTP and AmiAmi shipped this week, so hopefully they'll show up next week since they're coming via EMS.  I ordered a ton of stuff, so I'll just post pictures when they arrive!

• Like 1
Krackel Hopper
I got this from ebay awhile back. Seller doesnt ship to Manila so I had my cousin in Hawaii get it for me.  He shipped December 20 and I got it Jan 06...... not bad considering it ran smack thru the holiday season. 

Small world! I'm the one who sent those kits to Hawaii! Apparently I should do a better job of posting things here before I list on Ebay.

mardon,

nice haul! I had some SAL packages over the xmas and new years holidays that took almost 3 weeks to get here. everything slowed down i think.

jeff

Yeah, I kinda expected that with the holidays and all - but was hoping that the Nov29 package would at least arrive before xmas. No worries thou as that is how SAL works - some fast and some slow. But they all eventually arrive sooner or later.  :)

Small world! I'm the one who sent those kits to Hawaii! Apparently I should do a better job of posting things here before I list on Ebay.

Small world indeed! Thanks for the service and the kits were a joy to build!  :)

I just received my B train shorty deki-s and they will be motorized instead of the type 500 emu, which will only get wheels and couplers. I didn't start to assemble the locomotives but one interesting thing that is visible after opening the package is that they have clear inserts for the headlights, so it's possible to add working headlights. The emu also has the right baseplate type for interior lighting. And interesting fact is that these locomotives are not real shorties, since they actually full length.

ps: Does anyone know what type of movable pantograph should i use for them? (preferably one that can be mounted without glue or drilling)

Picked up a new addition to my Biwako Line collection at the customs office: A Kato Series 223-2000 (First Edition) 4-car set from ModelTrainPlus.

lurkingknight

just ordered 3 reels of warm, bright and cool white led lights... and one of those multi colored kits to play with.. seems an impressively cheap way to light buildings and layout stuff.

Huge ordered from AmiAmi and MTP arrived today.  Mostly B-Train Shorty items, a Kato V2 set and some Interior Lighting LEDs.  I'll post photos when I get home.

12076038323_7e286103f6.jpg

Edited by onthelam
  • Like 1

A box came in today from MTP. This was just shipped last week via ePacket.  As fast as EMS but cheaper - Nice!  :)

post-1282-0-85152800-1390556390_thumb.jpg

My first ever Modemo! A bit pricey that Kato, Tomix, etc. But lets see how it will perform the grueling task I have in store for it.

It seems this box is like a starter set - train, tracks and power supply. A new project is brewing..........

A few weeks back I started a discussion with Nariichi-san of MTP.net regarding the Tomix TCS Power Unit N600. Here in Manila, 220-240v is the norm - so I always buy a $20 step down transformers for all my kato 100v throttles. The Tomix N600 is about $10 more than Kato's throttle, but since it works for 220v, then I'll save $20 from buying a heavy and bulky step down transfo.

However, since all my tracks and turnout controls are kato - integrating a Tomix N600 will add complexities/adaptors down the road. I scratched that idea and instead requested Nariichi-san to source a universal adaptor with close enough specs to fit a kato standard throttle.

Luckily he did find one for about $13, so its still cheaper than a bulky $20 step down transfo. He tested it before sending it to me - so all is good! He is now offering this universal adaptor in his website:

http://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/n-scale-parts-new/products/ac-adapter-15v-1-6a

post-1282-0-48830800-1390556411_thumb.jpgpost-1282-0-86963600-1390556431_thumb.jpg

Mardon

Guest keio6000
Got new Micro Ace stuff today :love4:

attachicon.gif1669952_491617624282536_1291227144_o.jpg

if i ever get this (doubtful - it's handsome but outside of my 'area'), i'll wait for kato to put one out based on their e257 azusa/kaiji (wonderful) mould.

do you have the 255 microace sazanami to match?  it is available at reasonable price used.

anyway, nice pickups.