What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

b.nice2000

This is a single track layout, so that is both up and down.  🙂

Inside track is down, Outside is up.

Edited by b.nice2000
  • Like 2
Kingmeow

Enough track to build this. 🙂

bottom spiral.JPG

Wow!  😲  First time I've seen a helix done up with Unitrack!  Bravo!

Edited by Kingmeow
b.nice2000

Some more Kato track arrived yesterday.. and I bought some timber and some plywood.. did some building.

I still think I must be marginally crazy even attempting this layout.

Further pics etc in the layout section, under "Crazy Spiral layout....

DSC01770.JPG

Edited by b.nice2000
  • Like 6

Today the KATO/Woodland Scenics Just Play vehicle arrived from Hobby Search. 

20240423_131437.jpg

20240423_124701.jpg

• Like 4
chadbag
On 4/10/2024 at 5:01 AM, Kamome said:

They’re pretty cool and only ¥110 inc. tax each from Daiso or Seria (¥100 stores) 

I have most of my hobby tools and other bits in them on my desk. You can get a Koki to store them (also ¥100) or a truck trailer. All this cost ¥1300 plus tax.

IMG_3093.jpeg

What "scale" are they?  Those are pretty cool

On 4/24/2024 at 5:57 AM, chadbag said:

What "scale" are they?  Those are pretty cool

I'd kind of say they are a sort of O scale, B train shorty.

Here’s some behind my HO stuff at Stage One. 

IMG_2281.thumb.jpeg.dec30d4cbc2de8ffd1218cd99c3fefa9.jpeg

Sadly the Koki are just a moulded plastic with no articulation whatsoever. They come with a separately fitted handrail that actually is stowed on a underside moulding when purchased. The containers are all steel tin plate with a push lid, like a biscuit tin. They do have a wealth of options in terms of livery across JR Freight and mainstream couriers and hauliers as well as some JNR and larger international shipping companies. They also stack on top of each other very neatly. A recess in the lid matches the footprint on the base.  They even sell truck trailers to load them on too.  

Range availability seems to differ across the ¥100 stores. Some Daiso have little to nothing while others have many container options. Likewise, some Seria stores carry them while others don't. The ones I have are just combination of when I've come across them or new container options in various stores. 

Edited by Kamome
  • Like 1
On 4/26/2024 at 12:51 AM, Kamome said:

I'd kind of say they are a sort of O scale, B train shorty.

Range availability seems to differ across the ¥100 stores. Some Daiso have little to nothing while others have many container options. Likewise, some Seria stores carry them while others don't. The ones I have are just combination of when I've come across them or new container options in various stores. 

That's kind of cool.  Kind of like "desk toy" style for train nerds.  (I'm a big fan of "desk toys".  They're a little big to have a lot on your desk but a couple for decoration would be cool.  I'll have to look for them next time I'm in Japan.  (Supposed to be this summer but with our building project its postponed)

Or something to put on a shelf in the train room for decoration.  Maybe I could sneak some onto a table in the living room or something (when we have a living room)

Edited by chadbag
  • Like 1

Well, new jobs and new ventures are starting, and thus I thought that I could treat myself again. After strolling once more into Nikkyosha Model Shop I walked away a happy new owner of these beautiful blue passenger cars (12 series) to go with my C56 160. I'm more in favor of older clerestory-roof style coaches, especially the wooden ones that operated in Japan, but these are so iconically affiliated with JR West preserved steam excursions and others across Japan that I went for it. 
They'll also be suitable to run behind D51 200 and C57 1, both also a part of my SL collection. 
1970b3f3-0912-4a56-81f4-8827169d58b6.thumb.jpeg.65874993cf2f557a25095597c161cb3f.jpeg

8d7c6a55-a563-43bc-8b6a-71781905e419.thumb.jpeg.ef5d4cfc5253bd9c9e61dc68f3ff473e.jpeg

Next I'm looking forward to the re-release of the Hokkaido Giesl-ejector type D51, and the 009 Welsh Pony, which is coming sooner. The Kato sound box would also do. 
I was allowed to keep the small dealer display card, too! 

Now I Really ought to get back to finishing the layout... 

• Like 7

Put my very first Japanese N gauge order in, I'm pretty hyped!  I won't give all the gory details but it includes a Kato starter set with a KIHA 58 train, enough track to make an inner loop since I will be doing T Track with a group of other like minded modellers, some terminal joint wiring, some other stuff I thought would be useful, and a Tomix KIHA 120-300 decorated for the Hiroshima Carp.  The 120 fits in really well as my wife's family are all from Hiroshima.  Shipped via Japan Post (EMS).  Will update once it all (hopefully) arrives.

I did try to order a pair of No. 6 turnouts (left and right) but Plaza Japan says these are pre-order, with a due date around June 10th.  Anybody have any idea what this is about?  I also looked at getting some straight sections but they are out of stock, nothing about pre-ordering.  So a little confused as I thought turnouts would be a standard item, not a pre-order.

• Like 4

I had a bit of trouble finding the #6 turnouts as well, but I managed to grab a V3 pack from Amazon which has 3 of the turnouts, straight track and switches etc included. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, AMoonRabbit said:

I've recently put some orders in, mainly for the D51 with giesl ejector, and the set of 10 seki hoppers. 

Also the limited E217-3000 15 car set. 

"D51 said again and again
His new funnel would put ours to shame
Went into the tunnel
And lost his old funnel
Now his famous new funnel's a Drain!" 

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Kudos to anyone who gets the reference