Bob Pierce - BTTrains - Sad News

Guest JRF-1935

Guest JRF-1935

All,

I received an email from Jennie, Bob's wife yesterday and spoke with her today.  Bob passed away peacefully in his sleep on 6/29/12.

If you would like to send your condolences, please email her  Jennie@bttrains.com 

Jennie has stated she will continue the business and Yahoo Auction Japan service Bob provided, but will need time to heal and sort things out.  Her main concern right now are her 3 young children.

This forum has lost a great member and personal friend. 

Rich C

CaptOblivious

My condolences go out to Bob's family. Do let her know if there's anything the forum can do to help out, we will.

I'm so sorry to hear about Bob's passing and will write to Jennie to express my condolences.....He will be missed at the forum.

Guest JRF-1935

My condolences go out to Bob's family. Do let her know if there's anything the forum can do to help out, we will.

Don

I have done so and Jennie looks forward to hearing from you and the other administrators so she can keep Bob's account active on the forum. 

Thanks,

Rich C

Guest JRF-1935

I'm so sorry to hear about Bob's passing and will write to Jennie to express my condolences.....He will be missed at the forum.

Thanks Bernard,

Rich C

Oh man, that is so sad.

Bob was a real crusader for Japanese trains.  He worked so hard to make bttrains different to other suppliers.  If I wasn't around the other side of the world I would have bought from him.

We had several conversations at one point about setting up a bttrains Australia.  Unfortunately I want to keep trains as a hobby and have my life full with running my own practice.  But that was Bob ... a thinker and a doer ... solving our purchasing problems wherever he could.

My deepest sympathies to his family.

Cheers

The_Ghan

• Like 2
Guest JRF-1935

Oh man, that is so sad.

Bob was a real crusader for Japanese trains.  He worked so hard to make bttrains different to other suppliers.  If I wasn't around the other side of the world I would have bought from him.

We had several conversations at one point about setting up a bttrains Australia.  Unfortunately I want to keep trains as a hobby and have my life full with running my own practice.  But that was Bob ... a thinker and a doer ... solving our purchasing problems wherever he could.

My deepest sympathies to his family.

Cheers

The_Ghan

The_Ghan,

Thank You.  Although Bob and I never met, we formed a special bond via internet and phone.  Very Happy to have helped him start his business and the Yahoo Auction Japan service he provided to this great forum group.  As you stated,  his enthusiasm, innovation, and passion for Japanese trains, has gone a long way for us here.  He will be truly missed.

Rich C

Oh that is sudden....

As i'm a newbie here i dont know Bob well as a friend, but i do see his effort in this forum through his messages in always lending a helping hand and helping us to get what we want. A really helpful and friendly guy.

Deepest Condolences to Bob's family members. He will be remembered in our hearts.

This is indeed very sad and stunning news. I really feel for his wife and kids' loss. We can always buy trains, but a father and husband are irreplaceable. My deepest condolences.

Many emails with him over the last couple of years. His was the first real attempt to import a wide range of Japanese train products at an affordable price. Much hope that this would make the hobby much more approachable to beginners.

Jeff

I forgot to mention bob will always be with me in one great, fun thing he shared, the wonderful term from his 5 year old son -- "Awesom Sauce!" this term hit my cool spot and now is installed as a cherished term in my dyslexic and eclectic vocabulary. It's always nice to have something like this to remember someone by.

Jeff

I am really sorry to hear about Bob. Though I have not interacted with him directly, I have noticed how active he was in the forum and the efforts behind BTTrains. I am sure he will be missed. My deepest condolences.

John

I forgot to mention bob will always be with me in one great, fun thing he shared, the wonderful term from his 5 year old son -- "Awesom Sauce!" this term hit my cool spot and now is installed as a cherished term in my dyslexic and eclectic vocabulary. It's always nice to have something like this to remember someone by.

Jeff

LOL, my niece uses "awesome" as a noun.  Ie: "That's just so much awesome!"

Cheers

The_Ghan

It is a very sad loss that Bob is no longer with us physically. My condolences does go out to his family for their loss. The good thing for Bob is that he wouldn't need to hear us complain about another shinkansen scrapping. I remember Bob talking to the Ghan about the idea of BTTrains Australia in which it would of been nice to have due to the Aussie Stores are making a big mark-up profit in selling Japanese trains.

Well I hope Bob is having fun where he is now, playing around with model trains with the rest of our train gods.

Fenway Park

I was shocked to hear the news. Very sad especially with young children.

Please pass on my sympathies.

Such sad news. I worked closely with Bob through emails last year when I wanted a stack of rail bits. I was lucky enough to get his last Tomix Tsunami Fund-raising car and cherish it. I think there would be very few in Australia to have one of these limited items as they were not carried by dealers outside of Japan. But that was typical of Bob. Though he lost money on the deal he gained by knowing he was doing a little bit to support his friends over in Japan.

He bought in quite a bit of stock for me around October then waited till my Christmas Santa Season was over and I got paid before invoicing me and sending them over. Opening that box was like Christmas all over again LOL

His dedication to helping me find what I wanted and keeping the costs down were such a welcome surprise.

Other than his shop there was his presence on so many forums, offering advice, helping out lost newbies like myself. Legendary.

My condolences to Jennie and the children. We have lost a fine member and friend. They have lost a husband, a lover, a Dad. my heart goes out to them as the climb out of the depth of grief.

Martijn Meerts

I'm no good with words in these circumstance, so all I can really say is my condolences, and all the best to his friends and family.

Such sad news for his family. My deepest condolences to them and all who knew Bob well. Although I have done no business with him, I had a few conversations with him. He will be missed by many and I can only wish for a hasty recovery of the negative emotional experiences by those around him.

Bob and I exchanged a few e-mails.  I was going to use him if I ever had the money to order anything from Japan. 

Very sad to hear of his passing.  My prayers and thoughts go out to his wife and children.