Bob Pierce - BTTrains - Sad News

Guest JRF-1935

Guest Closed Account 1

Wow. That was sudden.

What happened? Sleep Apnea? None of my business really, just that he's near my age and it makes me think of my own health.

Really suxx. His prices were unbeatable during the pre-shipment sales. He'd buy a container full from his overseas supplier(s) and sell the dickens out of it in pre-sales.

Guest JRF-1935

All,

Jennie has emailed me and asked to convey her Thanks for the kind responses she has received via email from the forum as she hasn't got to the forum yet.

Rich C

Wow, like others I'm shocked (and late being away from the forum for several weeks).  Bob was a great entrepreneur and risk taker taking this hobby to new levels...I join with you all in the sadness that he will be missed not only for this small thing, but for the greater loss shared by his wife and family.  Bob was awesome sauce.

I just saw this, and I really don't know what to say.  I didn't know Bob very well, but I'd had a few dealings with him, and he always came across as a really nice person, as well as someone committed to the hobby as both a hobbyist and a retailer. I'll certainly miss him.

I'll add one thing:

Bob always treated this forum with respect.  I'm sure we've all experienced the hard sell from retailers on one forum or another and it's the reason why their participation isn't really encouraged here, I guess.  But Bob wasn't like that.  He was happy to keep a low profile with the occasional mention of a shipment coming in.  I notice he averaged only 1 post every 3 days, and don't forget that many of his posts were advice on track cleaning, spare parts and the like.  I'm under no illusion that the forum didn't serve his cause, but he let it work for him, rather than working it.

Cheers

The_Ghan

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I also don't really know what to say, but my condolences. I hope that his wife and children can eventually pick up their normal life again.

what a shock! I just recently discovered bttrains, as I have started to model trams and such. Condolences to his family.