Storage cases for Tomytec

Nick_Burman

N scale shoe store??

LOL I have big box full of those Casco foam inserts and it's growing!!! Smells really funky too.

Ha! that one has not come up yet! but what about the rest of the leg? waist not want not... pun intended. i always thought a truck load of mannequin lower sections...

mmm that new that new case smell! bottle it and sell it. love that case smell when you open up a new train. only get 3 or 4 hits of it before its all out of the case...

jeff

but what about the rest of the leg? waist not want not... pun intended. i always thought a truck load of mannequin lower sections...

Yeah I can think of a few uses for pant leg as a window display, but there's only so many you can put on display. Truck load of lower sections is gonna more macabre than anything hahaha... Or maybe like have some fun with it, like a cemetary scene with legs sticking out of the ground... Man that's a tough one. I do know the feeling though - I just hate throwing things out. I even keep those little clear boxes that Tomix uses to package TN couplers. I find them quite handy as they easily snap shut. Or worse.. Any Tomix sets that get converted to TN - I've kept the coupler pocket that I snipped off the truck, even though it's completely useless!!!

mmm that new that new case smell! bottle it and sell it. love that case smell when you open up a new train. only get 3 or 4 hits of it before its all out of the case...

OK I admit I like new train smell, but specifically, the Casco foam just takes things to a whole new level. The funny thing is my 3 year old likes the smell too. Every time I pop open a train case, he asks to take a sniff. Ya modelers are sure weird...

i'm looking at buying some cases for my loco's to go in.

mainly de10, dd51 My ED's. Also want to fit in my 24 series passenger coaches and some of my 2 car sets like kiha 110 and addon to minimize the single plastic cases.

I notice some say 21m are these fine mixing and matching numerous sizes like smaller freight cars?

e.g. http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10164108 the picture looks asthough it's only suitable for longer carriages 20 - 21m and can't be broken up for smaller freight or is it just the picture is not that great?

i want an all rounder not for shinkansen size but passenger coach right down to my little yo 5000's

Also i have a few steamers but i'm really worried to place in a case especially for ones with a tender.

The c11 might be ok as all one unit though anyone got an opinion on steamers in this?

i'm looking at buying some cases for my loco's to go in.

mainly de10, dd51 My ED's. Also want to fit in my 24 series passenger coaches and some of my 2 car sets like kiha 110 and addon to minimize the single plastic cases.

I notice some say 21m are these fine mixing and matching numerous sizes like smaller freight cars?

e.g. http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10164108 the picture looks asthough it's only suitable for longer carriages 20 - 21m and can't be broken up for smaller freight or is it just the picture is not that great?

i want an all rounder not for shinkansen size but passenger coach right down to my little yo 5000's

Also i have a few steamers but i'm really worried to place in a case especially for ones with a tender.

The c11 might be ok as all one unit though anyone got an opinion on steamers in this?

This one is for long equipment only, there are no inserts in the foam.

Cheers NB

some of the freight inserts have multiple shaped parts to the cutouts so you can mix and match a bit to get the front end shape and length as close as possible.

you can also take the insert out and trim it to you won custom fit and paste it back into the hole. a jewelers saw with a fine blade cuts the foam well and lets you get really close. if you know someone with a scroll saw that would be great to zip these out to perfection. thats my eventual plan for a few cases i have that i want to customize to some trains, but the scroll saw is still boxed up at this point (im getting my father's pro one next year so i have not gotten the energy to unpack and set up my so so delta right now...)

i would not use the cases for the steamers, i would worry that the articulation parts may take some hard hits in them.

cheers

jeff

We've been using these, lots of these...

Are those cardboard? I can't really stand cardboard (see my post above re. Deluxe Innovation cases LOL).

Though I think I need some HO cases. Getting tired of pulling trains out of the box.

Agree that the Deluxe boxes are junk.  The Axian boxes are thick cardboard, with foam "rows" for trains.  The fold-down lid has a patented attached foam "rail" that keeps the trains from moving.  We have about 16 now (they hold about 30-40 cars).  The bookcase cases, whi,e nice, just didn't scale for us, and it's harder to find things.

I'll post some pictures when I get back from this trip (unless I can figger out how to post from my iPhone)

About all those chopped off legs: Aren't you guys modeling JAPANESE scenes? How about trimming them down to just the shoes and lining them up outside the doors of houses or temples? Problem solved!