Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

Hello,

So sorry, but if you read the link you will read "Model Products 500 Type EVA" and "N GAUGE" in quite large letters ...

I was joking about the H0 version ;).

Ochanomizu

Hello,

So sorry Mr railsquid.  It is clear to me now that you were referring to the misquote by Sascha of ¥300000 instead of ¥30000.

• Like 1

Actually I was wondering what stopping Kato from producing the 500 series Kodama set as they just need to revise the tooling of the roof for pantographed car for car 2 and 7, other than that all cars are exactly the same from Nozomi 16 car set, of course they had to convert some cars into making the 8 cars Kodama but that won't be an issue.

And for the 500EVA series, as translated by Ochanomizu, the challenge is on coating and painting but since Kato IMHO has nice finish result so I am glad they did it and hopefully complete with decals of car numbers, destination boards, registration numbers etc.. And hopefully, the model will be released with correct Kodama pantograph...

2016_10.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!

I let out a laugh when I saw this. It was kinda expected that the Kiha 25 will be released by Kato, since they already have all the mouldings of the 313. Perfect model to get to add on to the Tokai fleet!

• Like 3
Guest keio6000

BEAUTIFUL!

I let out a laugh when I saw this. It was kinda expected that the Kiha 25 will be released by Kato, since they already have all the mouldings of the 313. Perfect model to get to add on to the Tokai fleet!

"Tokai fleet"?  I always assumed that i collected what many considered to be "boring crap" with my massive collection of commuter emus. But "tokai fleet" takes that to a new level.

Other than the Wide View Shinano which I had to buy since I rode it so many times, i thought I'd never get any Tokai stuff, but I did get a Tokai 313 for a very inexpensive price on ebay recently.   It was even more boring than I could have imagined :)

Tokai fleet... I used to dislike them, same thoughts, thinking they were boring... Silver with Orange stripe.. What is the 'wow' factor?

But... Once I get my first 313, that changed. The front view with the lights and the Orange stripe grows more and more on you.... Then the Kiha-85 Hida came in, even nicer... The Silver Aluminium body with Orange stripe and the front slanted front is just beautiful when running....

Then the Kiha-75 came in... And then the 383.... Then this Kiha-25. I guess that makes it a great looking fleet! Enter the Shirasagi for a scene at Nagoya station ~

• Like 2
Gordon Werner

Hankyu trains ... how would one describe the color ... chocolate? burgundy? 

it's been to long since I've seen any in person 

Somehow, I have the feeling I have to get a KiHa25 and repaint it into a fictional Kanto version. Three door DMU are just a thing with me nowadays...

• Like 1
Fenway Park

The Tora 9000 lasted byond the steam era on Hokkaido, and I thought they were replaced by the Wham48000.

Mudkip Orange

Buying a 313 is like going out with a plain woman. At first you're like "meh," but then it grows on you, and other trains start to seem overly made up.

• Like 4

Going by the google translation of the Japanese Wikipedia page, https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%9B%BD%E9%89%84%E3%83%88%E3%83%A990000%E5%BD%A2%E8%B2%A8%E8%BB%8A, JR Freight inherited 213 in 1987 and the last were scrapped in 2002.

"1987 (1987) of April JNR division and privatization of the time, the 213 locomotives Japan Freight Railway inherited in (JR Freight). Last Hokkaido of Jinya-cho Station - Hagino Station had been used to transport the imported chip in between, successor vehicle ( Wham 80000 form 480000 series with the advent of), 2002 all up to (2002) scrapped and became."

serotta1972

Somehow, I have the feeling I have to get a KiHa25 and repaint it into a fictional Kanto version. Three door DMU are just a thing with me nowadays...

Hi Toni, do you or anyone else know how much it would cost to have a 4 car train repainted? I would love to have a couple of 313's painted in the Shonan and Yokosuka Colors.  I've seen on a Japanese blog a 313 painted in the Shonan Livery and it looked really cool.  Thanks.

Buying a 313 is like going out with a plain woman. At first you're like "meh," but then it grows on you, and other trains start to seem overly made up.

make sure the gf doesn't read this, Mudkip :grin

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf

10389827p.jpg

10389827a9.jpg

Please stop trying to tempt me, it was hard enough knocking back my wifes offer of buying me a full 8 car set from Tam Tam last year let alone having this version dangled in front of me.

• Like 2

I didn't realize that it was even up for pre-order yet.  I was waiting to see the price.  wish I caught it at pre-order discounted price.  Cos now it is a little over my budget for a 6 car set.

I caught it at pre-order price and is happy to see HS sending me a payment request ~ A little cheaper at 13,600 versus the current listed price at 14,400. The last time I saw it was still available but now it is out of stock... I heard this set was also not produced in large quantities, hence my prompt decision to order this from HS once I see it become available...

It would compliment perfectly with my Kato Hankyu 9300 ~

Just read here:https://www.facebook.com/katomodels/photos/a.124737854322767.22882.101300609999825/788782621251617/?type=3&theater that it seems that it will still be re-produced in October.

Edited by JR 500系