Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

Looking at Hobbysearch's old product entries, the previous Duplex and Thalys were offered in Japan as well as Europe, so the same should be true now.

I ended up pre-ordering a Lyria even though I like the Duplex, Reseau, and Thalys a bit more.  Less than $200 (before shipping) for a brand new Kato TGV is too attractive of a deal to pass up.  

Edited by 1954G
  • Like 1

Still trying hard to keep within my stipulated range: Japanese commuter trains within the main island. It takes strict discipline and I hope I can achieve that forever...  :)

Still trying hard to keep within my stipulated range: Japanese commuter trains within the main island. It takes strict discipline and I hope I can achieve that forever... :)

I would, but I just love the TGV Thalys a lot...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Still trying hard to keep within my stipulated range: Japanese commuter trains within the main island. It takes strict discipline and I hope I can achieve that forever...  :)

So you go and pick the biggest island in Japan. Should have picked one of the smaller island.  :laughing3:

So you go and pick the biggest island in Japan. Should have picked one of the smaller island.  :laughing3:

Haha good one ~ I would pick Okinawa since there's almost no trains there ~~  :laughing3:

But my favourite 500series don't run in Okinawa... To me the 500 series is my benchmark into trains ~

Is that E655 Nagomi a re release? It is a nice looking set. The price looks a bit cheaper than the old version too.

Wonder if they'll re release the Kyushu 800 series shinkansen, wouldn't mind one of those.

Is that E655 Nagomi a re release? It is a nice looking set. The price looks a bit cheaper than the old version too.

Wonder if they'll re release the Kyushu 800 series shinkansen, wouldn't mind one of those.

Mandarake has a used 800 series for a fair price right now:  http://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1036185110&ref=list  

Mandarake ships worldwide and sells high-quality used goods.  I've never had an issue with their trains. 

As for the other items on the poster, I am super excited for the TGV Duplex.  Might buy some of those Takis as well.  

• Like 1

Only on ones with a pink oval with the text "new" are new models.  If they lack this, then they are a re release.  The E655 is the same price as 2 years ago.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1

"safe'!

The shout of the umpire when I hit 3rd base in baseball!

Seems like i'm clear from the trains for now. Gotten the Nagomi & emperor car in the previous re-release. It's a fantastic model!

Is the C50 a new model to the same scale as the recent releases such as the C12 and D51? It has a new catalogue number 2017. The price is high so are there any other items in the set? 

Thanks

Unbelievable Kato gave surprise this new year.. E655 Nagomi is really tempting.. but adding the imperial car for full 6 car set will make a huge different on price...

Perhaps our suppliers here can provide lower price.. :)

Martijn Meerts

I must have that C50 and accompanying car set. And when I say must have, I really do mean must have, and not just want to have ;)

Krackel Hopper

Since nobody else has said it.. I'm super excited about the Series 711-0 Legend Collection!  I didn't think Kato would do a Legend Collection set for this train.

However, I am a little confused by them offering a 3 car add-on on top of the 3+3 basic set.  I have only seen the 711 as a 3 or 6 car set.  Does anyone know when/where/why the 711 was grouped up to run as a 9 car set?  Holidays I assume?  Or is there a specific route where the 711 ran as a 9 car on a regular basis?  I'm sure bikkuri bahn could school me on this subject.

• Like 2

Actually the grayscale photo shows a 9 car set and the two destinations are on the poster, but the image resolution is too small to be readable. On the other hand, i see more 12 series trains! (kumoha11+kuha16 pairs to be correct) The RhB bernina panorama cars are also interesting, more info on those would be great.

Kato getting serious for once!

2016_4a.jpg

2016_4b.jpg

2016_4c.jpg

The duplex is very tempting, however I'm waiting to see if they re-release a Thalys, which if so it is all over for my bank account lol. [emoji29]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Ok, i just managed to use google for the RhB sets:

-Allegra #1

-Allegra #1 and start set

-Allegra #2 and bernina express

(some Bernina line rolling stock is also used on the Arosa line)

allegra_v_1.jpg

allegra_v_2.jpg

Since nobody else has said it.. I'm super excited about the Series 711-0 Legend Collection! I didn't think Kato would do a Legend Collection set for this train.

However, I am a little confused by them offering a 3 car add-on on top of the 3+3 basic set. I have only seen the 711 as a 3 or 6 car set. Does anyone know when/where/why the 711 was grouped up to run as a 9 car set? Holidays I assume? Or is there a specific route where the 711 ran as a 9 car on a regular basis? I'm sure bikkuri bahn could school me on this subject.

Im excited abou the 711 as it would add to my Tokai EMU collection and also prevent me from buying the MA version.

Edited by serotta1972

Ah! nice, even more 'getaden' models from Kato! Nice to see them expanding into the 17m classes as well, as well as more Tsurumi-sen formations (maybe one day a Tsurumi-sen 72/73系 formation with the original (former 63系) front will be in order? one can hope.).

For those interested, the KuMoHa 11形/KuHa 16形 formations can be used in the following time period:

Nambu-shisen (branch line) 

1947~1980 depending on the numbers and details provided (most likely, like with other Kato 'getaden' they'll be based on the post 1959 vehicle format regulations).

They where retired in 1980 in favour of former Chūō-Sōbu-sen 101系 cars.

Tsurumi-sen 

Never found a definitive entry of service date, but I assume it was after May 1948, when the voltage from the overhead lines was boosted from 600V DC to 1500V DC. They where retired in December 1972 in favour of surplus 72系/73系, though I'm not 100% sure from which lines they originated. The 72系/73系 retiring themselves in January 1980 in favor of the same Chūō-Sōbu-sen 101系 cars as the Nambu-sen (same maintenance facility served both iirc).

On the other hand, i see more 12 series trains! (kumoha11+kuha16 pairs to be correct)

To be pedantic, those are actually MoHa 11形 cars (post 1959 vehicle format regulations they would be classified as KuMoHa 11形), which in it's self is simply a group of several 17m classes reclassified under the 1953 vehicle format regulations. The following classes where part of the (Ku)MoHa 11形: MoHa 30形 (post 1959: 30系), MoHa 31形 (31系), MoHa 33形 (33) and MoHa 50形* (50系, not to be confused with the later 50系 passenger cars).

That said, it's easy to get lost in the maze that the restructuring of the 'getaden' classes sometimes provides.

For further emphasis, this is how the distribution for the (Ku)MoHa cars ended up:

-MoHa 30形/30系 -> (Ku)MoHa 11形0番台/100番台 ((Ku)MoHa 11000~11060, (Ku)MoHa 11070~11084, (Ku)MoHa 11100~11140 and (Ku)MoHa 11150~11161)

-MoHa 31形/31系 -> (Ku)MoHa 11形200番台 ((Ku)MoHa 11200~11270)

-MoHa 33形/33系 -> (Ku)MoHa 11形300番台 ((Ku)MoHa 11300~11307)

-MoHa 50形/50系* -> (Ku)MoHa 11形400番台 ((Ku)MoHa 11401~11517)

* the MoHa 50形 themselves where (steel)re-bodied DeHa 63100系 cars, wooden bodied cars built between 1923~1925

The KuHa 16形 cars where formed using more or less the same vehicle classes, only the 33系 based cars where omitted.

see the following:

-MoHa 30形/30系 -> KuHa 16形100番台/200番台 (KuHa 16100~16138, KuHa 16150~16166, KuHa 16200~16234 and KuHa 16250~16264)

-MoHa 31形/31系 -> KuHa 16形0番台/300番台 (KuHa 16000~16015 and KuHa 16300~16304)

-MoHa 50形/50系* -> KuHa 16形400番台/500番台/600番台/800番台 (KuHa 16400~16543, KuHa 16506~16562 (even numbers), KuHa 16600~16607 and KuHa 16800~16862 (even numbers)).

Other cars from the remaining 17m classes series where reclassified as; (Ku)MoHa 12形, (Ku)MoNi 13形, SaHa 17形 or SaRo 15形 cars. But, as the Kato model doesn't contain any of those cars I won't delve further into their history here.

The difference between the (Ku)MoHa 11形 cars and the (Ku)MoHa 12形 cars you mentioned, is simply the fact that the (Ku)MoHa 11形 cars had a single cab, thus where meant to be used as part of a formation, while the (Ku)MoHa 12形 received a second cab, allowing for single car operations.

"safe'!

The shout of the umpire when I hit 3rd base in baseball!

Seems like i'm clear from the trains for now. Gotten the Nagomi & emperor car in the previous re-release. It's a fantastic model!

Lucky you, I had to stop myself from pre-ordering the 711系 (one of my favourites of the Tōkai style EMU's, but it's way out of my region(s) of interest) and I would've pre-ordered the re-release of the Chūō-Sōbu line 101系 formation if I didn't already have two Tomix HG 103系 formations on pre-order for the same month.

Lucky I'm not really interested in modern equipment though, would've made for an even more expensive month.

Edited by 200系
  • Like 3
Krackel Hopper

What is the legend collection?

Someone might know more about this series, but here's the basics that I know.

Kato started the Legend Collection in 2005

The 711-0 will be only the 8th set in the Legend Collection.

They get a swanky box with some cursive writing.

These sets are the full size set.. except maybe this new 711-0.. still don't fully understand the add-on 3 car..

Series 1 - Chuo Line Series 101

Series 2 - Series 151 Kodama/Tsubame

Series 3 - Kintetsu Series 10100

Series 4 - Kiha 81 Hatsukari

Series 5 - Series 381 Shinano

Series 6 - Series 581 Gekko

Series 7 - Odakyu Romance Car NSE type 3100

Someone might know more about this series, but here's the basics that I know.

Kato started the Legend Collection in 2005

The 711-0 will be only the 8th set in the Legend Collection.

They get a swanky box with some cursive writing.

These sets are the full size set.. except maybe this new 711-0.. still don't fully understand the add-on 3 car..

Series 1 - Chuo Line Series 101

Series 2 - Series 151 Kodama/Tsubame

Series 3 - Kintetsu Series 10100

Series 4 - Kiha 81 Hatsukari

Series 5 - Series 381 Shinano

Series 6 - Series 581 Gekko

Series 7 - Odakyu Romance Car NSE type 3100

(cursive) writing!  *#*^#*~#*!!   HaHa!