Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

A steam heating unit, I didn't think I would see that in ready to run. The EF13 was offered by Micro Ace in all its forms as was the DF50 in a twin pack in brown some years ago. Also Tomix made a brown version many years ago.

Interesting offerings from Kato.

Yap.. It's almost like a re-run of the other maker's models, including the E233-8000 which was recently released by Tomix some months back. I think it was done in conjunction of the new sound card for the E233s...

Mudkip Orange

That Nambu E233 has got to be the most 1970s color scheme in existence. You sort of expect the interior to have shag carpeting and a naked woman with the full hedgehog...

HI,

Ordered this set even if it's not found in Kyushu. Intrigued as Kato have listed the coach numbers for the set and several have numbers beginning with 2xxxx which means they were fitted with electric heating. So the heating unit was for not many vehicles in the set, winter months only. Any comments welcome.

Thanks Densha for the link. One photo shows a very smokey unit. Is there room for a smoke unit in a N gauge model?

Edited by Fenway Park

HI,

Ordered this set even if it's not found in Kyushu. Intrigued as Kato have listed the coach numbers for the set and several have numbers beginning with 2xxxx which means they were fitted with electric heating. So the heating unit was for not many vehicles in the set, winter months only. Any comments welcome.

But the Suha 32s and Suhafu 32s don't have heating.

The Mani 34-4 in only used in Winter.

2016_3.jpg

Holy crap! TGV?? Kato IS going international...

And here's the official and really nice video of the sound card of E233 at work, including a short introduction to the Keikyu musical motor sound!

• Like 1

2016_3.jpg

Holy crap! TGV?? Kato IS going international...

And here's the official and really nice video of the sound card of E233 at work, including a short introduction to the Keikyu musical motor sound!

You beat me by seconds for posting! Kato has done TGV in the past, probably just a re-run as I believe they've already made the Lyria!

Nate

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What does DCC friendly mean in this case? DCC ready means it can take a slot in or socketed decoder. DCC friendly usually means it's easy to add a wired decoder as there is enough space and it's easy to connect it without too much hacking. Many Tomytec motors are DCC friendly as they are easy to add a decoder.

Takahama Trainwatcher

For Kato, "DCC-friendly" specifically means that the an EM13 decoder will slot in to control the motor and FL12 decoders will slot in to control the headlights and tail lights. (and I suppose FR11 decoders for interior lights). This is what I mean in this case: will the new 205 series release be equipped to slot in FL12 and EM13 decoders?

I am afraid I agree with katoflw on this, but it would be a nice surprise if Kato used new tooling and produced this to be DCC-friendly.

See http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/770-installing-kato-drop-in-decoders-em13-fl12/ .

Guest Closed Account 1

Isn't Kato 10-1151 DCC friendly? It accepts the interior lighting as most do. I found it in a few places online. Can't be that hard to add a motor decoder. Start a dedicated thread in the DCC forum and lets discuss it there.

Edited by Webskipper
Takahama Trainwatcher

Isn't Kato 10-1151 DCC friendly?

Yes, it is, like all Kato E233s released in the last few years. Good for me, bad for my credit card.

The question as to the likelihood of the new release being DCC-friendly pertained to the 205 series, 10-1341.

Kato is planning to release the TGV Lyria in Europe soon, as well as a Carmillon-livery Duplex, a Reseau, and a Thalys.  

But so far, only the Lyria is up for pre-order at Japanese train retailers.  Is it likely that the other three TGVs will be sold in Japan too, or just the Lyria?

I'd love to buy all four TGVs, but preferably at Japanese domestic market prices. 

• Like 1

Kato is planning to release the TGV Lyria in Europe soon, as well as a Carmillon-livery Duplex, a Reseau, and a Thalys.

But so far, only the Lyria is up for pre-order at Japanese train retailers. Is it likely that the other three TGVs will be sold in Japan too, or just the Lyria?

I'd love to buy all four TGVs, but preferably at Japanese domestic market prices.

A Re-release of the Thalys? No way...I might have to jump at the chance.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk