Kato - New Releases

Darren Jeffries

3 hours ago, nah00 said:

I kinda wish the 283 didn't have the tilt mechanism as I always end up having to fiddle with them to keep them from derailing in curves

There is a processing instruction on www.orientalexpress.jp for the N2000 how to fix the tilting mechanism.

Edited by roadstar_na6
11 hours ago, chadbag said:

I have the Glacier Express basic set and expansion (and the Glaciers on Tour Start Set) and a Hakone GE4/4-II with EWI coaches (and maybe something else). I know I don't have quite everything (baggage car as you say) but I think I'd be in trouble right now if I did.  I like the various locos as well with the various special liveries...

Definitely worth getting the luggage van then!

I've stuck to the main Kato range for now, rather than the Noch extras. Only missing the original Allegra, the silver Ge 4/4 III and the Unesco limited edition GEx set. The new Allegra with the different number will have to wait until March, hopefully there'll still be a few about by then as the coach packs took priority.

Oh, and a handful of the MDS bogie vans, and a couple of the Pirata EWI resprays that Rails listed on ebay last year...

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

KATO has announced (through Lemke) that it will produce the ICE 4 in the current “Ökostrom” livery. 

Uchh. More money to spend! 🙄

A very special product, in honor of the Olympics kato will release a gold EF65.  Only 65 will be made, and they'll be given out by lottery.  To enter you must buy at least 10000 yen worth of kato products at a kato (JP) dealer, where they will then give you a postcard with the store's stamp.  The winners will be chosen by lottery in April.

https://www.unitrack-kato.com/goldef65

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf
On 29 January 2021 at 3:45 PM, serotta1972 said:

Thank goodness my love affair with the 313's have fizzled or have enough of them already. 

I'm pretty much in the same mindset as I my main focus is on Tokaido Honsen stock and I already have 0, 1700, 2300, 3000 and 8000's in my roster soon to be joined by 5000 and 5300's so I think I can be fairly content with that lot.

20 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

A very special product, in honor of the Olympics kato will release a gold EF65.  Only 65 will be made, and they'll be given out by lottery.  To enter you must buy at least 10000 yen worth of kato products at a kato (JP) dealer, where they will then give you a postcard with the store's stamp.  The winners will be chosen by lottery in April.

https://www.unitrack-kato.com/goldef65

Lord help me! I gave this some serious consideration today. 😱

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Oh, it's only paint 😐

Considering how much these limited runs sell for on yahoo auctions, I bet you could turn it into gold if you won pretty easily!  😁

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Considering how much these limited runs sell for on yahoo auctions, I bet you could turn it into gold if you won pretty easily!  😁

The BIGGEST question is the 'if'  😅

But heck yeah who doesnt love a golden locomotive on the tracks? 

• Haha 1

A golden locomotive is so cheesy. A better alternative would have been to smelt gold, silver and bronze lingots into three solid  12f containers that could be put on a KoKi. 

Kato marketers lack vision.

• Haha 1
Das Steinkopf
6 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

The BIGGEST question is the 'if'  😅

But heck yeah who doesnt love a golden locomotive on the tracks? 

I once had a LEGO Mr Gold that I found in Target when Series 10 came out and purchased him for the princely sum of $3.75 as they had a 20% discount on LEGO, I held onto him for about 5 years and ended up selling him for $2250.00AUD on eBay.

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Das Steinkopf said:

I once had a LEGO Mr Gold that I found in Target when Series 10 came out and purchased him for the princely sum of $3.75 as they had a 20% discount on LEGO, I held onto him for about 5 years and ended up selling him for $2250.00AUD on eBay.

Yeah LEGO is an amazing investment ~ I hope one day i can sell my Resort Shirakami Buna formation for more than 10 times of the retail and i'll be massively happy! 

Martijn Meerts

Still has nothing on Marklin's platinum crocodile with rubies as tail lights and gold detail ....

• Like 3
Das Steinkopf
44 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Yeah LEGO is an amazing investment ~ I hope one day i can sell my Resort Shirakami Buna formation for more than 10 times of the retail and i'll be massively happy! 

I never viewed LEGO as an investment as I always saw it as a hobby, that said I fell out of love with it after my first trip to Japan, I have always been a railway modeller at heart and decided to go back to the more traditional type rather than pursuing the idea of a full blown LEGO train layout. mind you the LEGO collection is serving a good purpose these days in providing ample funds for me to pursue the hobby in a way that I may not have in the past.

47 minutes ago, Martijn Meerts said:

Still has nothing on Marklin's platinum crocodile with rubies as tail lights and gold detail ....

I know Markliners are a different breed, but did anyone actually bought that?

Martijn Meerts
48 minutes ago, roadstar_na6 said:

In a nutshell:

Hide contents

Yes.

What he said..

Turns out, it was a pretty decent investment, considering you see them getting sold once in a while for well over MSRP.

Arnold did an annual golden loco for a while, I have one which I picked up for £20 about ten years ago. There's no motor or gearing so they're purely display pieces. Should probably see what it's worth...

• Like 1