Microphone for recording trains?

CaptOblivious

Captain,

way cool! was awesome sauce (love that term from bob's kid) that grant was able to join you as well! was grant your boom operator?! nice to have a crew!

cant wait to hear some of what you got. always wanted to play with audioscapes on a layout. its very cool when you can do stuff with sound to add to an exhibit. its really tough, but when it works it really can add a whole new dimension in the viewer's mind's eye. amazing how one little audio cue with just the right visual and timing can make the viewer fill in all sorts of detail from their own experience and think its all part of what you did. can make static stuff really come alive.

cheers

jeff

CaptOblivious

No, mostly he took photos of trains ;)

DSC_0023-6.jpg

But he did buy me a rather hard to find B-Train! For which I am incredibly grateful! Grant has been awfully nice, sharing his toys with Acadia (and now me too!) I'll do a post on my upcoming Kintetsu B-Train shorty layout once I get settled in in Denver.

Another recommendation for the H4n recorder.

They can be had for $100 less than the price you quoted earlier. Come the New Year sales, you might be able to get an even better bargain if you shop around.

CaptOblivious

Mr Frosty, thank you, but I acquired the Sony PCM-D50 last spring... :)

Another recommendation for the H4n recorder.

They can be had for $100 less than the price you quoted earlier. Come the New Year sales, you might be able to get an even better bargain if you shop around.