Anyone order the Kato Hayabusa Shinkansen?

The_Ghan

Je sais bien, c'est pour ça que je demande.  :grin Maintenant la question est plutôt de savoir comment j'ai fait pour oublier qu'il y avait un autre français très actif que moi ici.  :cheesy

Bref, c'est pas très important.

Let's go back to our normal programmation. Yeah, I also found the 300 very appealing.

Let's go back to our normal programmation. Yeah, I also found the 300 very appealing.

I have to agree,  The 300 have a really aggressive cylon look to it, which appeals a lot, although I don't think you can beat the series 0 :)

CaptOblivious

My daughter has fallen in love with the E6 ("pink train? He's sick?" [say it aloud]), but also likes the E5 ("don't want to ride it, white train [N700]. Ride it, blue train?"). Might have to get an E5 (and the E6 when it comes out). I think the nose couplers will be the deciding factor as to whether Tomix or Kato, honestly.

Personally I think the prettiest Shinkansen is the round-nosed 200 series renewal in green/cream scheme (AKA Tohoku 25th anniversary). Then I'd say the 100 series Grand Hikari. Then the 500 series, and then the 300 (the 300 seems to be the only one that looks "happy" LOL). I don't personally mind the duck bill trains. I think it's great that they're taking the function over form approach. I am sure there are many people living hear Shinkansen tracks, with endless complaints, especially ones living near tunnels. I am sure I'd be giddy for the 1st month living near tracks, and then just be sick of it after that.

My daughter has fallen in love with the E6 ("pink train? He's sick?" [say it aloud]), but also likes the E5 ("don't want to ride it, white train [N700]. Ride it, blue train?"). Might have to get an E5 (and the E6 when it comes out). I think the nose couplers will be the deciding factor as to whether Tomix or Kato, honestly.

This page on the Kato Japanese language site gives a view of the nose coupler

http://www.katomodels.com/n/e5kei/

Angus

Nice and thanks for that!

It really looks good but I can't help noticed the slight disagnilement between the first and second car on the first picture.

I'm looking forward to the E6.

It really looks good but I can't help noticed the slight disagnilement between the first and second car on the first picture.

Plus the misalignment of the nose piece in the last pic. I think this train looks great as a model! Still waiting for those Tomy guys to make an announcement [grrrr.....].

Guest Closed Account 1

That's probably what happens when you remount the nose piece.

The alignment issue is either a wheel off or the diaphragm mechanism hanging up because it's new. It can't possibly trail behind like that with all the weight behind it and forward of it. So much tugging and pushing.

My JR500 did that a little and it smoothed right out.