Bandai B-Train Shorty

Welshbloke

I am getting a little bored with the recent releases to be honest.  There seems to be very little of interest lately, though I know that is purely my subjective personal opinion!

I hold on to hope that they will do a Series 285 "Sunrise Express" and a NEX E259 in the near future.  Would love to run a full formation of the Sunrise Express!!!

Kami_illy, if you don't have luck finding the Yokohama 205, you might check the buy and sell forum, I plan on putting a lot of B Train items up for sale in the near future and have the 205 in that colour.  Not abandoning B-Trains, I'm still as mad as ever about them, but I am thinning out the collection a bit as I do have a lot of duplicates that I have picked up over time.

Edited by nickhp
  • Like 1

And yawn again on the latest releases... Good thing the private sector have been commissioning a few good items in the past year.

I wonder if the economy is driving the releases to be re-runs rather than new designs? Hoping there will be some really cool new items later in the year to get excited about.

The shell kits contain no metal parts, not even wheels. So yes, an additional motor is needed. But if you have more locomotives you can swap a single motor under most locomotives on the fly.

Plastic wheels are included. But those are not meant to roll. Good for static display, but the metal ones are needed if you want to move a car around.

They slide perfectly on the rails. On the other hand, the N scale rapido couplers are in the metal wheel trailer package, so if you want them instead of the oversized plarail like bandai ones, you will need the trailer bogie packages. At least they come preassembled so you don't have to put together the imitation ones. One pack is 6 bogies and with a motor that's a 4 car train, the practical limit for one motor. Longer trains usually need more motors, just like in real life.

Hantublaulol,

The btrains basically start at a display model and then as kvp has outlined you add the new bogies and motor chasis to run them. This way it's a lower starting cost and you can add the running components as you have the funds, or for those that just want the model and not run it they don't have to buy that stuff.

This is the same process as the tomytec trains and trams. In the end they are usually more inexpensive over all than ready to run models, but the quality and detail are not quite as nice as most am RTR stuff is from tomix, kato, MA, etc. but it can be a good way to start if you don't want to do a big investment up front. Of course with the shorties it's the only way you can go.

Jeff

• Like 1
HantuBlauLOL

I'm interested with shorty tank cars because I wanted to convert them as a cement car used in my country.. They are prototypically short.

Anyway does Bandai made a coal hopper car? They are prototypically short too.

• Like 1

Like I said, commissioned models seem to be the only interesting releases lately...  Thank god for Peach!

南海50000系 Peach ラピート

Hi, I really like this Peach version, I didn't know this model had been released and I now have ordered some kits to make the full 6 car version.

Yes I also feel the latest B-Train releases are a bit boring. I really wish they would release a version of the EH500 or EH200 Blue Thunder loco. They would look so great!

:)

Hantu,

I don't think any coal cars have been produced as btrains to my memory, only freight are the oil tankers and the container flats (which actually use standard sized containers!)

Jeff

Got a couple of boxes from Japan today. Tram time! B Train Shorty Electrical Tramway 7 Hankai Train A Set Type 161 Yellow Line + Type 501 Orange Cloud set.

10201442a3.jpg

10201442a5.jpg

And a B Train Shorty Electrical Tramway 9 Hankai Train C Set Type 161 Green Cloud + Type 501 Yellow Cloud set.

10201444a3.jpg

10201444a5.jpg

• Like 1

Cute little trams! Really cute!  Like the Yellow Clouded one the best.  :)

Edited by JR500 のぞみ

I'm interested with shorty tank cars because I wanted to convert them as a cement car used in my country.. They are prototypically short.

Anyway does Bandai made a coal hopper car? They are prototypically short too.

Bandai doesn't make any coal hoppers that I'm aware of, but Micro Ace makes some little ones if you can find them. These wouldn't look out of place with B Train Shorties I think.

10100537a.jpg

Todd

• Like 1

These look just like the shorties that are being released by Tomix only much more detailed. Btw. some of the Bandai shorties are actually prototypical in length, i just call them b-train normies. :)

• Like 2

Had a bit of help putting together my B Train Shorties tonight...

c047838a54e256a2e0905c159ac6ca48-800.jpg

... notice where the instructions are :/

• Like 2

Lol, great assistant! I can just see that car end sitting there and the SWAT! Bingo there it goes across the room with cat in hot pursuit! Cat looking up at you saying "you didn't need that one, it's shiny and spins well on the floor so better a toy for me!"...

Cheers,

Jeff

Edited by cteno4