Prototype Trains in Wrapped or Painted Special Liveries

Didn't the posessed panda come up before?! It's so evil looking it's good. Kind of reminds me of stewie on family guy for some reason, probably the eyes...

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 1

On more repeated viewing of the video, I find myself more and more a fan of this livery! It does look pretty cute far... but up close, it looks freaky.... The side liveries are nice though... Any idea if this is to promote some sort of zoo with giant pandas or something?

Side question though, the next 287 series (normal version) to come up on the video has the connecting doors closed even though they are coupled together... I wonder why...

I wonder if the lights on the model will have the same twisted effect... one can hope!

ueno panda mania?

Jeff

12 minutes ago, bill937ca said:

Space Train on the Nankai Railway. Video by DR YELLOW video by charonzoom.

Very cool livery, although I can't help but think it would have looked even better on the 50000 series/ RAPI:T :)

Edited by Gryphr

I have yet to find a Nankai train I'd like. It will probably never happen.

Also that "Kiss my Nagasaki" campaign JR Kyushu has been running since last year went unmentioned so far. Somebody must've thought this was a good idea.

On 10/7/2017 at 6:53 AM, katoftw said:

I put up a thread about the Miss My Nagasaki crap last year sometime.  It is Kyushu, so nil response from this community.  Two weeks ago I was in Kyushu.  Those themed trains look horrible.  Lots of rainbow colours and some boy band images on the side of the trains.  Yuk!

They are indeed as horrible as calling a boy band Kis-my-FT2 and their singing ( I use the term loosely). Mrs Kamome had a short moment of madness and bought one of their albums.

I assume Kis-my-FT1 were even worse and whoever gave the green light on the marketing campaign needs a stern talking to. I saw a 800 series Tsubame with their vapid faces on my way to the JR Kyushu depot open day. Thankfully the Eva 500 was there to restore some faith in painted trains.

DBFE745F-7903-43F6-B9C2-A951EAA7D64E.jpeg

• Like 1

Yes a design I would consider not done well and I’m no boy or girl band fan, the chap did a great job with this model! That is a lot of work and done well!

cheers

jeff

Edited by cteno4

[Series 201] Universal Wonderland-Tennoji Station departure / JR West Japan  Video by North Railway

• Like 2
Martijn Meerts

Ooooh, that one is definitely really nice. I'm doing quite well not buying new (N-scale) rolling stock, but if that comes out as a model, I might just have to pick it up.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Martijn Meerts said:

Ooooh, that one is definitely really nice. I'm doing quite well not buying new (N-scale) rolling stock, but if that comes out as a model, I might just have to pick it up.

Yes!    I love the special livery trains.  Even a lot of my Euro trains are special livery and my small number of US Prototypes are 50% (I only have a few US prototypes that "fit" into what we see locally of UP freight).

This 223 is really nice looking.  And though I don't limit myself to a certain regional area for Japan, I tend to favor JR West areas since that is where we base ourselves when we are in Japan...  Double fit!

Thanks for posting @bill937ca

Edited by chadbag
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Martijn Meerts said:

I know. I had the same reaction. One of the nicest special liveries I have seen in a while.

• Like 1