Portuguese N Scale Models

Tuga

Spent 14 years looking for them and finally found the CP Corail Intercidades (Portuguese) coaches. 🥵

A1.png

A2.png

Edited by disturbman
  • Like 4

Actually I was quite surprised with the price/unit, that's why I got 6 of them.

They usually reach between €45 to €70 per unit, and I paid a lot less per unit than the bottom value. Guess I was just lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

Edited by disturbman
unnecessary quote, answering previous message

That was extremely lucky! The only time I tried to grab one of them, the coach was sold for 65€, and I thought I was going mad when I attempted to buy it for 55€!

Take good care of them!

@Tuga and/or @Giugiaro, I'm curious to know a little more about this CP set (I think is for this one that you search the CP2600 CIL 😋, right? )

what's more available in N gauge based on CP company?

I'm just curious, I don't wanna start another collection, maybe the only one I would try to reproduce will be the renewed "Alfa Pendular", (I still have enough Del Prado ETR for cut & paste) but before I have to find enough documentation like blueprint or similar)

ciao!

Massimo

19 hours ago, jappomania said:

Not much actually. For CP specifically, most of the stuff produced was in 1997 by Arnold. 

Arnold references:
2432 - CP 5600 Eurosprinter (Analogue), Nr. 5601 w/ Entroncamento Coat of Arms
82432 - CP 5600 Eurosprinter (Digital), Nr. 5601 w/ Entroncamento Coat of Arms

0335 - Pack of coaches ref. 3751, 3752, and 3753:
3751 - CP 19-97 000 Corail 1st Class, original livery
3752 - CP 21-97 000 Corail 2nd Class, original livery
3753 - CP 85-97 000 Corail 1st Class+Bar, original livery

4780 - CP 592 7 000 Ealos (non-prototypical)
4792 - CP 558 5 000 Ekkls (non-prototypical)

Hobbytrain references:
H2964 - CP 4700 Eurosprinter (non-prototypical Vectron repaint)

Mabar references:
85306 - CP 1320 Alco, unreleased

There are also the static models Del Prado CP 1200 Brissonneau & Lotz and the CIL CP 2600 Alstom.

And that's it.

There are also other Portuguese models from operators CIWL, Medway and Takargo.

Edited by Giugiaro
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, jappomania said:

@Tuga and/or @Giugiaro, I'm curious to know a little more about this CP set (I think is for this one that you search the CP2600 CIL 😋, right? )

I'm just curious, I don't wanna start another collection, maybe the only one I would try to reproduce will be the renewed "Alfa Pendular", (I still have enough Del Prado ETR for cut & paste) but before I have to find enough documentation like blueprint or similar)

ciao!

Massimo

Yes that's why I was searching for the CP2600 CIL 😉

Now adding and correcting Giugiaro list 

Arnold references:

3751 - CP 19-97 011-5 Corail 1st Class, original livery (CP 19-74 011-5)
3752 - CP 21-97 000 Corail 2nd Class, original livery  (CP 21-74 026-7)
3753 - CP 85-97 000 Corail 1st Class+Bar, original livery (CP 84-74 005-5)

4780 - CP 592 7 000 Ealos (non-prototypical) (CP 592 7 115-7)
4792 - CP 558 5 000 Ekkls (non-prototypical) (CP 558 5 167-7)

Hobbytrain references:
H2964 - CP 4700 Eurosprinter (non-prototypical Vectron repaint)

H2964-3 - CP 4700 Eurosprinter weathered

Mabar references:
85302 - CP 1320 Alco (85306 - CP 1336 Alco) unreleased

There are also the static models

Del Prado/Amer/CIL CP 1200 Brissonneau & Lotz

CIL CP 2600 Alstom

CIL CP 5600 Eurosprinter

other Portuguese models from operators CIWL, Medway and Takargo.

Arnold

HN4344 Set of 3 coaches:

4344-1 - T2 Sleeping Car

4344-2 - T2 CIWL Sleeping Car

4344-3 - CIWL Restaurant Car

3909 -  F Type Baggage Car

Sudexpress

SMED034N - Medway "Adriana" - Stadler Euro4000

STAK600416N -  Takargo 6004 - Vossloh Euro4000

Can't remember anything else...

Edited by Tuga
  • Thanks 1

Decided to open a new topic dedicated the Portuguese N scale models available. Everyone is welcome to join and help. 😊

ALTREN

CP Medway "Joana" Vectron 4702 (Hobbytrain exclusive livery for Altren)

CP 308 Ferrovias

Cimpor Deutz 

CP Copaz Wagon weathered

CP Ferrovias Wagon U Type

CP Tagds Hopper

ARNOLD

3751 - Corail 1st Class, original livery (CP 19-74 011-5)
3752 - Corail 2nd Class, original livery  (CP 21-74 026-7)
3753 - Corail 1st Class+Bar, original livery (CP 84-74 005-5)

4780 - Wagon Ealos (non-prototypical) (CP 592 7 115-7)
4792 - Wagon Ekkls (non-prototypical) (CP 558 5 167-7)

HN4344 Set of 3 coaches:

4344-1 - T2 Sleeping Car

4344-2 - T2 CIWL Sleeping Car

4344-3 - CIWL Restaurant Car

3909 -  F Type Baggage Car

HOBBYTRAIN
H2964 - CP 4700 Eurosprinter (non-prototypical Vectron repaint)

H2964-3 - CP 4700 Eurosprinter weathered

LILIPUT

L265999 - CP Galp Tank Wagon (774 0 064-3)

MABAR
85306 - CP 1336 Alco - unreleased

MFTRAINS

H30160-1 - Medway "María" Vectron 4703 (Hobbytrain exclusive livery for Mftrains)

H30160-2 - Medway Vectron 4715 (Hobbytrain exclusive livery for Mftrains)

SUDEXPRESS

SMED034N - Medway "Adriana" - Stadler Euro4000

STAK600416N -  Takargo 6004 - Vossloh Euro4000

Static Models

Del Prado/Amer/CIL CP 1200 Brissonneau & Lotz

CIL CP 2600 Alstom

CIL CP 5600 Eurosprinter

Edited by Tuga
  • Tuga changed the title to Portuguese N Scale Trains

I didn't include the CIL CP 5600 Eurosprinter because with the Arnold version it's pretty forgettable 😂

Is Mabar's CP 1320 still planned, or they gave up on it?

29 minutes ago, Giugiaro said:

Is Mabar's CP 1320 still planned, or they gave up on it?

They are still producing the Renfe Ref. 85300 and 85301.

Mabar's reference for the CP 1336 is 85306 so I guess we'll have to wait and pray.

Mftrain has the following stock from Portugal:

N33408 - Takargo 38 94 455 2 012-2 Sgnss (loaded with Crossrail 40ft swap-body container)

N33409 - Takargo 38 94 455 2 032-0 Sgnss (loaded with generic 40ft swap-body container)

N33420 - Takargo 38 94 455 2 057-7 Sgnss (with anti-drag wood transport kit)
N33421 - Takargo 38 94 455 2 064-3 Sgnss (with anti-drag wood transport kit)

N33422 - Takargo 38 94 455 2 103-9 Sgnss (with wood transport kit)
N33423 - Takargo 38 94 455 2 111-2 Sgnss (with wood transport kit)

Edited by Giugiaro
  • Like 2
On 2/28/2023 at 8:59 PM, jappomania said:

It's not easy to get a blueprint or any helpful documentation about the "Alfa Pendular". There is a lot of online videos that might be helpful but that means hours spent on searching.

For me the hardest part would be the paint work. I'm curious how would you approach the livery. Paint it fully? Decals/transfers? Any ideas?

Edited by disturbman
signature quoted
3 hours ago, Giugiaro said:

I didn't include the CIL CP 5600 Eurosprinter because with the Arnold version it's pretty forgettable 😂

I agree, but before I need to verify if the CIL version is too short like the Arnold (like the Renfe 252 is only a re-paint of BR127 Eurosprinter)

I'm sure I still have the first BR127 release and "enough ☺️" CIL 252 to compare, I let you know....

23 hours ago, jappomania said:

... maybe the only one I would try to reproduce will be the renewed "Alfa Pendular", but before I have to find enough documentation like blueprint or similar).

Colours at least are the following:
Metallic Gray - RAL 9006
Black - RAL 9004/3M Black 100-12
Green - Pantone 382C/3M Lime Green 100-449
White - 3M White 100-10

Fonts are Eurostile and Helvetica.

Edited by Giugiaro
Misstyped 3M Black on Gray instead of Black.
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Tuga said:

It's not easy to get a blueprint or any helpful documentation about the "Alfa Pendular" .....

For me the hardest part would be the paint work. I'm curious how would you approach the livery. Paint it fully? Decals/transfers? Any ideas?

I agree, but maybe something has been published in portuguese train magazines or books..

BTW the only thing I need is the windows dimension (just to confirm that are like the italian ETR original version) and the BAR/restaurant layout, I already accumulated enough  docs about italian, slovenian, spanish and czech versions, the Alfa Pendular is the last one, it was not planned because the original livery don't like me but the renewed is really beauty (like the first ETR 500 Eurostar AV by - the real - Giugiaro 😄 )

decals, but I will try 2 way, just the windows stripe or a complete wrapping (I just bought the decals set for the RAPIT 50000 Star Wars, is not a bad idea), complete paint is too hard, appling masking tape correctly on every car is a nightmare

the best would be the UV led printer, but the printer service price is too much for now...

Ciao!

Massimo

Moderation note: I extracted the conversation present in "What did you order or the post deliver? (Worldwide Models)" and merged it with the new Portuguese model topic.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, disturbman said:

Moderation note: I extracted the conversation present in "What did you order or the post deliver? (Worldwide Models)" and merged it with the new Portuguese model topic.

Thanks disturbman👍

If possible can you just  correct the topic title "Portugues N Scale Models".  I think you mean "Portuguese" or you can also use "Portugal", "Portugues"  means someone that was born in Portugal. Thanks

Edited by Tuga
  • disturbman changed the title to Portuguese N Scale Models
19 hours ago, jappomania said:

I agree, but maybe something has been published in portuguese train magazines or books..

BTW the only thing I need is the windows dimension (just to confirm that are like the italian ETR original version) and the BAR/restaurant layout, I already accumulated enough  docs about italian, slovenian, spanish and czech versions, the Alfa Pendular is the last one, it was not planned because the original livery don't like me but the renewed is really beauty (like the first ETR 500 Eurostar AV by - the real - Giugiaro 😄 )

decals, but I will try 2 way, just the windows stripe or a complete wrapping (I just bought the decals set for the RAPIT 50000 Star Wars, is not a bad idea), complete paint is too hard, appling masking tape correctly on every car is a nightmare

the best would be the UV led printer, but the printer service price is too much for now...

When I lived in Lisbon I was not involved in model railways, that only started when I moved to Scotland.

I was more into the real thing specially because my father used to work in Sorefame (Portuguese train manufacturer), so I grew up between watching production and being a daily train commuter in the Sintra-Lisbon line.  

I even used to go to Santa Apolónia Station and see the Alfa Pendular and the Night train Lisbon - Madrid Trenhotel 335 Lusitania (TH 335).

I left a lot of documentation and blueprints back in Portugal from all the Sorefame trains inculding  all the 2000's and 3000' series. It is in my future plans to get them.

I can confirm that the windows dimensions of the Alfa are the same as the ETR original version. I agree the new livery is very nice indeed.

Wrapping? Where are you going to get those? As far as I know there isn't any available for the Alfa Pendular.

Tchau

Tuga

Edited by disturbman
removed signature from quote
55 minutes ago, Tuga said:

I left a lot of documentation and blueprints back in Portugal from all the Sorefame trains inculding  all the 2000's and 3000' series. It is in my future plans to get them.

You caught my attention there again.

I'm working on "The Design of the Portuguese Railway Industry: Multiple Units and Coaches from 1940 to 2020" as my Design Master's Dissertation.
Any document I could use as source would be welcomed.

1 hour ago, Tuga said:

Wrapping? Where are you going to get those? As far as I know there isn't any available for the Alfa Pendular.

where's the trouble? 😇  

I do it from myself, not so long time ago it was the only way to modelling italian N scale trains, just with the last Arnold releases something start to change, but in the past a small model choice was available and at90% just a repaint of DE cars, so, photo etched /resin cast kit and decals was the only way

(BTW, the add-on cars for ETR610 family is now available, newsletter has been dispatch today)

inkscape and good photos are enough to start, fortunatelly the graphic designer had take it easy compared whit the last Kamome Shinkasen 😂, the beta testing will be whit my old Citizen Printiva (same OKI/ALPS family, survived till now) and after a professional printing from Fides or Max-model
unfortunatelly the UV led printing service is too expensive (for one loco  they ask me 120€, for 6 cars......boh 😭

Ciao!

Massimo

p.s. Im' not sure, but maybe Trenmilitaria already produce decals and small photo etched parts also for some CP prototype (but not for Alfa, just for Alaris and Platanito for what I need)

38 minutes ago, jappomania said:

where's the trouble? 😇  

I do it from myself, not so long time ago it was the only way to modelling italian N scale trains, just with the last Arnold releases something start to change, but in the past a small model choice was available and at90% just a repaint of DE cars, so, photo etched /resin cast kit and decals was the only way

(BTW, the add-on cars for ETR610 family is now available, newsletter has been dispatch today)

inkscape and good photos are enough to start, fortunatelly the graphic designer had take it easy compared whit the last Kamome Shinkasen 😂, the beta testing will be whit my old Citizen Printiva (same OKI/ALPS family, survived till now) and after a professional printing from Fides or Max-model
unfortunatelly the UV led printing service is too expensive (for one loco  they ask me 120€, for 6 cars......boh 😭

p.s. Im' not sure, but maybe Trenmilitaria already produce decals and small photo etched parts also for some CP prototype (but not for Alfa, just for Alaris and Platanito for what I need)

The ETR 610 add-on cars are one way of doing it, but personally I wouldn't spend money buying new to convert them. 

WOW... 120€ per loco that's to much. 🤯

I have a Brother colour laser printer but never tried to print anything of that sort.

Professional printing from Fides or Max-model? Never heard about them.

I have seen Trenmilitaria they do have nice decals available, wonder if they would do it in a near future.

Edited by Tuga

@Tuga

don't worry, me too, I dont' buy a new train to convert them (and with the ETR 610 the only one that you can do, because still missing, is the polish version, not Alfa or his brothers, sorry for the mistake, I wrote about it just to let know that finally is available)
for my "cut & paste" I already stored in the past years dozen of ETR Del Prado...

😞.. UV led printer is a little more expensive than a Brother or my Xeros Phaser (from 5-10K € and more like Mimaki), but you put directly your model on the tray and in 30-40 sec. the print on the surface is done 😍, normally the price for the service is affordable (0,50-1,50€) but minimum order is for 150-200 pieces and I don't need 150 locos whit the same livery 😂

I'm tempted to buy one chinese clone for 1300-1500€, but until the situation for spare parts and consumable is not clear I wait....and just for beta testing also a 50€ inkjet and a good clear decal sheet is enough, believe me.

https://www.max-model.it/en/

https://www.fides-grafica.it/

both can produce water decals from your project at reasonable (for me) price and good quality

I'm sure you can find the same services in UK from similar small companies, probably if you ask on UK forum somebody can help you

ciao!

Massimo

• Like 1

The Mimaki seems to be a 3D printer with colour abilities, very nice and useful to print a finished product. It's the future 😳

I've been looking at some clear decal for laser printer's but I'm quite concerned about reviews mentioning that in some cases the decal sheets have melted inside the laser printer.

Have you ever tried printing decals in a laser printer. And if so which brand are you using?

Thanks for the links above, very useful to know what to look for. 👍